Reverting to Original Firmware

Dan

Where can I can the downgrade file to revert to the original firmware?

The link in the DUMAOS email to downgrade just gives me the same file as the upgrade.

I want to go back please

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Where can I can the downgrade file to revert to the original firmware?

The link in the DUMAOS email to downgrade just gives me the same file as the upgrade.

I want to go back please

Yeah I noticed that. Fortunately I've got old firmware .sigs saved on my phone but there should be a page around somewhere. Ahh here it is https://www.dropbox.com/s/701ezvt4qmezdgu/R1-v-1-03-6j.sig?dl=0 I'd advise Fraser or one of the team to edit that link ASAP (or add a new forum post with an updated guide) so that someone can test the downgrade procedure works smoothly. 

Hey IIIRL

I thought of that but those files are designed for upgrades. Not sure if something different might be required to go backwards.

Didn't want to brick the R1 so will wait until Netduma can confirm

Cheers

• Administrators

Apologies for the bad link. As IIRL said, you should downgrade the latest firmware for the original R1, which you can get here:

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/108-original-netduma-r1-firmware-pre-dumaos/

To help us improve, do you have any reason for downgrading?

54 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Apologies for the bad link. As IIRL said, you should downgrade the latest firmware for the original R1, which you can get here:

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/108-original-netduma-r1-firmware-pre-dumaos/

To help us improve, do you have any reason for downgrading?

Thanks for confirming

I have posted my questions / issues as separate posts but to summarise

- looks like you cannot actually block dedicated servers within your geo filter; on the Original firmware you can at least for 10 minutes

- whilst BufferBloat levels are as good as the Original Firmware my testing shows I am getting much lower line quality ratings then I got on the original firmware. the preemptive alorgorithm always worked best for me but isn't on the DUMAOS

The new OS looks really good so well done there but most importantly it has to work first, look good second

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback Dan. 

On the server blocking - we will need to look into this. Do you still have the server ID by any chance?

On the Bufferbloat levels - it's probably easier to handle this in your original topic so will respond there.

no problem I have been trying to keep the subjects separate

I think is was 895fedabfc28888d an Italian server but I flushed it from my deny list so don't have it written down

I kinda wanna go back too.

I can't see any dedicated servers on the map, even after clearing, removing, also, I have 150/150 fiber but now my ps4 speed test is like 20/6mb up.  Even though sliders set to full and everything turned off.  WTF?

Also every BO4 game I join is 100 ping.

There's quite a few niggles to be dealt with but don't think Black OPS 4 problems are to do with DUMAOS.

Blackout keep putting me on USA servers so I'm on 100ms pings and BO4 is all peer-to-peer so there must be server issues.

Tried a bit of both and in the end went back to WW2 and had a good session - never thought I'd say that 

Just now, Dan said:

Would also say "Hats off" to Netduma as well because downgrading is a breeze and almost all settings are retained.

Could you downgrade to anything below 1.03.6j? I quite enjoyed 1.03.4 because you could use port forwarding and the geofilter simultaneously without GUI lag/freezing/WiFi dropping out. It didn't have the missing bandwidth if you moved device prio numbers around either. 

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

BO4 is all peer-to-peer so there must be server issues.

BO4 is player hosted every game? WTF? I guess that's not a bad thing as the geofilter comes into its own then, but that's brain-bending stuff lmao 

Teething issues I guess.....but reckon a large part of the CoD community owes Sledgehammer an apologetic nod at the least. They aren't the only developer to have issues at launch.

The weird thing about P2P was that the hosts were all over the place in countries I'd need an atlas for. No UK, France, Italy or German connections in an hour's session so gave up.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Teething issues I guess.....but reckon a large part of the CoD community owes Sledgehammer an apologetic nod at the least. They aren't the only developer to have issues at launch.

Bit sad isn't it? You think these triple A developers with years of experience and three years to sort out a largely copied and pasted game would have learned how to avoid these launch issues by now. But what do I know... 🐸

3 hours ago, Dan said:

The weird thing about P2P was that the hosts were all over the place in countries I'd need an atlas for. No UK, France, Italy or German connections in an hour's session so gave up.

Not surprised. All I ever saw in BO3 from the UK were Saudis. 

• Administrators
16 hours ago, nyder said:

I kinda wanna go back too.

I can't see any dedicated servers on the map, even after clearing, removing, also, I have 150/150 fiber but now my ps4 speed test is like 20/6mb up.  Even though sliders set to full and everything turned off.  WTF?

Also every BO4 game I join is 100 ping.

Hey, welcome to the forum! 

I would start a separate topic regarding your issue as that shouldn't happen. Try turning off your console, removing the device from the Geo-Filter then readding it. Setup the Geo-Filter how you want then boot up the console and game, you should see hosts on the map. If not then flush the cloud in Geo-Filter Map settings.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would start a separate topic regarding your issue as that shouldn't happen. Try turning off your console, removing the device from the Geo-Filter then readding it. Setup the Geo-Filter how you want then boot up the console and game, you should see hosts on the map. If not then flush the cloud in Geo-Filter Map settings.

Thanks, I tried this and it worked.  I was just impatient as I installed BO4 the same day I installed the Dumaos firmware.  (too much at once) I'm starting to figure out how to navigate dumaos.

Does Dumaos have a speed test/diagnostic like the old r1 firmware?

Thanks again,

Nyd

• Administrators
9 hours ago, nyder said:

Thanks, I tried this and it worked.  I was just impatient as I installed BO4 the same day I installed the Dumaos firmware.  (too much at once) I'm starting to figure out how to navigate dumaos.

Does Dumaos have a speed test/diagnostic like the old r1 firmware?

Thanks again,

Nyd

What pollution said above. Are you reffering to the connection diagnostic that would give you ping/jitter/spikes etc? If so then yes I expect that will come at a later date as it was a good feature.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you reffering to the connection diagnostic that would give you ping/jitter/spikes etc? If so then yes I expect that will come at a later date as it was a good feature.

Nice one. That was pretty useful when I needed to swap a modem or cable out to make sure my line hadn't gone to *beep* lmao

Plus now I'm using the Huawei HG612 modem for its bridge mode, I can't access the GUI through the R1 as you can with a regular ISP hub because you need to plug into its second LAN port and change your laptop IP to access it - a bit of a kerfuffle if you just want to check something quickly. The Netduma Diagnostic test lets you easily check if you've been switched from fast path to interleaving on the go with your phone. 

hey there just got the invite for the dumaos today and tried it out, couldn't downgrade fast enough.. 

my reasons:

1: no matter what settings I tried (combed over many threads in this subforum) Destiny PC would not show any peers or servers like it did with the original firmware.

2: the major issue, this update caused the netduma to emit some sort of signal that caused my speakers and headset to go crazy (arctis 7), all you hear is " bup bup bup bup bup"  - the only thing that made the sound stop is unplugging the power to the R1, after I plugged it back in and it did its beep, the "static" returned - downgrading corrected this problem and it hasn't come back.

any thoughts?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ChrisHazard said:

hey there just got the invite for the dumaos today and tried it out, couldn't downgrade fast enough.. 

my reasons:

1: no matter what settings I tried (combed over many threads in this subforum) Destiny PC would not show any peers or servers like it did with the original firmware.

2: the major issue, this update caused the netduma to emit some sort of signal that caused my speakers and headset to go crazy (arctis 7), all you hear is " bup bup bup bup bup"  - the only thing that made the sound stop is unplugging the power to the R1, after I plugged it back in and it did its beep, the "static" returned - downgrading corrected this problem and it hasn't come back.

any thoughts?

Change your PC to a console in the Device Manager then re-add the Device to the Geo-Filter, does it work then?

It may be wireless interference. Disable WiFi, does it stop then? If so re-enable it and change the channels 1 by 1 until it stops. If they're in close proximity to the router that would explain it.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Change your PC to a console in the Device Manager then re-add the Device to the Geo-Filter, does it work then?

It may be wireless interference. Disable WiFi, does it stop then? If so re-enable it and change the channels 1 by 1 until it stops. If they're in close proximity to the router that would explain it.

ill try it again today and let you know, but can you tell me where in the dumaos do I make changes for WLAN? I can't find any options menu at all and I've clicked on everything 😕 am I not seeing something i'm suppose to?

• Administrators

What specifically are you trying to do Chris? Within Network Settings, you can switch between different tabs to find the setting you want.