BO4 Ping

mernst51

2 hours ago, mernst51 said:

XR500 DumaOS is saying I have a 15ms ping to server in BO4 but the in game ping is saying 40ms to 70m???

Thanks,

Mike

The ping shown by the in game connect meter is always higher and jumps around a lot as it takes into account other factors such as processing delay. The BO3 connection meter did the same thing.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, mernst51 said:

XR500 DumaOS is saying I have a 15ms ping to server in BO4 but the in game ping is saying 40ms to 70m???

Thanks,

Mike

The DumaOS ping is very misleading. when you play MP games.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Sci0n said:

The DumaOS ping is very misleading. when you play MP games.

Thanks for your input Sci0n but what pollution said above is correct.

Geo-Filter ping is router to server ping, nothing more nothing less. It's as accurate as possible.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for your input Sci0n but what pollution said above is correct.

Geo-Filter ping is router to server ping, nothing more nothing less. It's as accurate as possible.

Alos what I said was correct as I have provied proof that the DumaOS makes oput you have a good ping but that dont mean anything in MP gaming in day an age as it wont ever deal with lag from opther players at all and due to that fact. Other gamers get superbullets and poor hitdetection due to lag comp.

I find having a strict NAT and ping over 200ms allows me to stand a chance against other player online, as having a good ping makes me an easy kill.

Though I have found not sharing my nets excess when using profiles on COD makes the game play alot better which confused me alot.

I also believe it's treyarch servers..with my r1 on blop3 I ran a normal of 33ms to MAYBE a 50ms here and there. Since blops4 has released...I'm at a 80 to 90ms every game... Sometimes 100 to 135ms... And my r1 is showing the same servers..because of this.. Im getting the shoot 1st die 1st alot. Reason I think it's the game  is because I'm hearing everybody talking about it and no matter what party I run it jump in at.. same high pings

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, David824 said:

I also believe it's treyarch servers..with my r1 on blop3 I ran a normal of 33ms to MAYBE a 50ms here and there. Since blops4 has released...I'm at a 80 to 90ms every game... Sometimes 100 to 135ms... And my r1 is showing the same servers..because of this in getting the shoot 1st die 1st alot. Reason I think it's the game don't it is because I'm heading everybody talking about it and no matter what party I run it jump in at.. same high pings

Yeh it'll just be overloaded servers since it's just launched, I wouldn't worry too much at this point. Just try to enjoy the game for now - the server quality should improve like it does for every CoD game a few weeks after launch.

8 hours ago, David824 said:

I also believe it's treyarch servers..with my r1 on blop3 I ran a normal of 33ms to MAYBE a 50ms here and there. Since blops4 has released...I'm at a 80 to 90ms every game... Sometimes 100 to 135ms... And my r1 is showing the same servers..because of this.. Im getting the shoot 1st die 1st alot. Reason I think it's the game  is because I'm hearing everybody talking about it and no matter what party I run it jump in at.. same high pings

OH WOW....I fixed all my auto corrections...that's what I get for responding on my cell phone. haha

• Administrators

DSLReports will not be accurate. Bufferbloat only occurs when the connection is saturated. You can use PingPlotter and saturate your connection and experiment with Anti-Bufferbloat percentages to find the best at eliminating spikes for your connection.