R1 not showing friends ip

David824

I noticed the past few nights when playing online and I get into parties...it's not showing my players and friends IP circles in the states they live in like it normally does? Anyone know what could be happening? I haven't changed anything ...any ideas or anyone seen this happen? All it's showing me are the servers inside my Geo filter

• Netduma Staff
55 minutes ago, David824 said:

I noticed the past few nights when playing online and I get into parties...it's not showing my players and friends IP circles in the states they live in like it normally does? Anyone know what could be happening? I haven't changed anything ...any ideas or anyone seen this happen? All it's showing me are the servers inside my Geo filter

This might be the game itself - are you playing a new game (i.e Black Ops 4)?

This tends to only happen when you're connecting to a dedicated server, not a peer host. If you connect to a server, the other players in the game don't tend to get shown on the map. Since Black Ops 4 is in early days it looks like they're running a lot of it on dedicated servers. I hope this makes sense!

It's been doing it on blops3 and fortnite also..but I was on blops4 last night..one of my party members who has the xr500 and he was seeing me and the other lobby friends...wasn't sure if it's something that was catching but I know blops3 and fortnite use to show

• Netduma Staff
22 hours ago, David824 said:

It's a hit and miss...I was in a party if 5 and it only showed 2 friends...the one it's not showing is the guy with the new dumaOS Netgear

Thanks for letting us know. There's other people reporting similar things so we'll be looking into it. DumaOS will be supported better now that it's on the R1 - we can finally crack on with new features and patches :D

Jack do you know how long the open beta will last? I'm not sticking you for the actual date but maybe ballpark? I wasn't sure how buggy it would be so I'm not doing the beta yet..thought I would wait for all the bugs to be worked out. Or should I fill out the form for the beta and allow the bugs to be fixed through updates which is how you would fix them correct?

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, David824 said:

HAHA..nevermind Jack I gave in and filled out the form...so if I get an email I'm going for it to check it out.

Haha no worries David, I knew you couldn't resist ;)

We'll be running more stages soon, so hopefully you'll get your email before long! I hope you love it.