How are you finding DumaOS on the R1?

Netduma Admin

Device Manager explanation please

On the attached snip please look at the  "Offline" devices. It has 2 branches above it. I have a computer  (CORSAIRONE) which is currently off and my WiFi AP (UBNT Wirele...) which is currently active and I am steaming a youtube video.  Can someone explain a couple of things please? Why does my AP seem like it is showing as "Offline"  when it is definitely active? Why was my AP in the LAN tree earlier today but now showing up above the Offline bubble? 

Device Manager.JPG

12 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

@major masingil you can only move panels on the Dashboard. This is a single page that lets you pin all your favourite panels and rearrange them. The individual feature pages, e.g. QoS, can not be rearranged. 

Could you check the dashboard is working? Thanks for reporting though - giving steps to reproduce is very helpful - so if you find anything else let us know!

@kboogie as Pollution said, could you add your gaming device to the Geo-filter at the top. 

@SturdyFugur did it consistently not auto ping during the entire game? Interesting to know if so. We’ll investigate. 

Thanks for the info.  The Dashboard works.  It's a little tricky to get things rearranged and sized the way I want them, but everything is movable.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, kboogie said:

I have it in there added to the geo filter and i still get the same results. 

1. Turn on your console / gaming PC and make sure it’s online 

2. Go to the Device manager

3. Click on your online gaming device on the network map and rename it to something unique (e.g. kboogie Xbox). If it’s a PC, change the device type to an Xbox

4. Go back to the Geo-filter and delete all devices 

5. Add your gaming device

6. Now try searching for a game online. It should now appear. If it doesn’t, please create a new topic and include all screenshots from the Geo-Filter and the Device Manager

Got my email about 3 and half hours ago. Upgrade was easy all went fast and smooth.  Love the new interface. Clean and smooth on the eyes. Also like that you named the firmware after A7 (Rip). Homie would be loving BO4 right now.

Happy all my port forwarding stayed.   The (?) are a real help. Figured out any issues I had real quick. 

Thanks again guys for finally delivering the DumaOS to us R1 guys. It's been a long road and looking forward to what's added in the future.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, kboogie said:

image.thumb.png.b26264520183688d8be50c1e9d2f186a.png

ok, so I got it to work and display the icons after a factory reset.

Now my major issue is that I live near Seattle but can only connect to an overseas server or a California server.

Thats an authentication server not the dedicated server. The closest server to you may be California.

15 hours ago, Mr Crowley said:

Zoom on the Geo-Filter map Doesn't work for me.

Can you explain a bit more? What browser/device are you using to do that? Once you've zoomed in you need to click the 'X' 

I'd personally advise clearing the dashboard and simply visiting the relevant tabs. Certain things aren't working on the dashboard, like the geofilter map which disappears after a second lol 

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you explain a bit more? What browser/device are you using to do that? Once you've zoomed in you need to click the 'X' 

I can choose any zoom option, then click x to close the dropdown and there is no change in the size of the map. i am always zoomed all the way out.

LOADING THE OS  I had to do a factory reset in order for Auto-ping, UPnP, and the Geofilter Map to function correctly

SOLO GAME PLAY I've had some excellent games with the new OS.  I played about 15-20 matches of TF2.  Traffic Prioritization for the Source Engine was enabled. 8 games were solo, and the other's were played as part of a party.  The solo matches were amazing.  My 10 game k/d went up to 6.4 from around 2. My ping was smooth, and hit detection was crispy.   I did not use the geofilter.

PARTY GAME PLAY  I did have some issues while in the party.  I'm not sure if they came from XB live or if it was the software.  I was in a party with a buddy who uses an XR500.  He and I could not exchange game invitations.  The other people in our group were receiving them, but he and I were not. We added and removed each other to the Allow list and made sure neither of us had the geofilter enabled.  The group also reported my mic volume seemed lower than normal.  Other people in the party were complaining about lag related issues. During the party games, I had minor glitchy lag moments, but they were not worth mentioning. We had a guy from Australia in our party, enough said.  It is worth noting that my buddy with the XR500 could see the guy from Australia's icon on the geofilter map, but he did not appear on my map. 

STREAMING CONTENT I also saw an issue with streaming content even when the traffic prioritization was off.  I tried it with and without prioritization. The content looked like I was streaming 440p content on a large screen.  it was grainy and pixelated during the gameplay.  While the player was in a lobby the content was crisp and clear. This was on Twitch and to a lesser extent Mixer through my XB1. It seemed less grainy on Mixer. I'm fairly certain it's an R1 issue because I switched back to my EdgeRouter X and the video content was clear as day.

On 10/13/2018 at 1:25 PM, major masingil said:

Device Manager explanation please

On the attached snip please look at the  "Offline" devices. It has 2 branches above it. I have a computer  (CORSAIRONE) which is currently off and my WiFi AP (UBNT Wirele...) which is currently active and I am steaming a youtube video.  Can someone explain a couple of things please? Why does my AP seem like it is showing as "Offline"  when it is definitely active? Why was my AP in the LAN tree earlier today but now showing up above the Offline bubble? 

Device Manager.JPG

Update to this issue. I believe it moved to the offline area when i opened the controller for the AP, and the controller issued a notice for a firmware update. 

The AP was showing in the LAN section of the device manager until i opened the AP's controller for the first time in months. After I updated the firmware the AP was returned to the LAN tree

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, major masingil said:

Update to this issue. I believe it moved to the offline area when i opened the controller for the AP, and the controller issued a notice for a firmware update. 

The AP was showing in the LAN section of the device manager until i opened the AP's controller for the first time in months. After I updated the firmware the AP was returned to the LAN tree

Hm, that's strange. Thanks for letting us know how you're finding DumaOS - there'll be lots of fixes in the future for issues like these so any feedback is extremely valuable. Cheers :)

Someone help me iv upgraded to new software when i do a bufferbloat test dsl report my ping its the roof iv tried setting the sliders to 70% on each still hits roof iv tried setting sliders from 5% each and gone up in 5s all the way upto 100 each dsl either fails half way through or just goes nuts i dont know what am doing wrong i never had this trouble on old software 

20181015_183459.jpg

Edited by Glenn693

39 minutes ago, Glenn693 said:

Someone help me iv upgraded to new software when i do a bufferbloat test dsl report my ping its the roof iv tried setting the sliders to 70% on each still hits roof iv tried setting sliders from 5% each and gone up in 5s all the way upto 100 each dsl either fails half way through or just goes nuts i dont know what am doing wrong i never had this trouble on old software 

20181015_183459.jpg

Don’t take this dslreport page for serious. The same happens to me even before the update. This page is just not working anymore. Only trust Pingplotter or the ingame Ping at the Geo Filter. 

• Administrators

If people are having issues please make a separate topic about it. It's incredibly hard to support multiple people in one topic. I understand you may be frustrated but all you're doing by not creating a separate topic is slowing down the rate we can reply to you to get your issue fixed.

2 hours ago, Glenn693 said:

20181015_183459.jpg

As above, please use PingPlotter instead to determine how well your connection does under load. As a reminder Bufferbloat only occurs when your connection is saturated. 

Issues with Playstation Party. Specifically, disconnecting randomly from party chat and random NAT Type error when people join my party. Playstation Party Chat disconnects happen frequently. 20mins or so