How are you finding DumaOS on the R1?

Netduma Admin

• Administrators

For everyone who has received the firmware email, how you are finding DumaOS? We would love to hear your feedback!

If you don't have the email yet, please be patient. Once we know everything is stable we will add the next batch and repeat, until we reach full rollout.

So far seems to be working mostly okay at the moment. 

missing the forward upnp checkbox from the old firmware asking for a forward to avoid having to forward or double nat 

Played some destiny 2. Filtering mode enabled for geofilter got 0 matches for supremacy game mode. Spectating mode got the 12/12 players being overseas at 230ms ping on the auto ping. That's still working 😀

Powering off a High Priority Traffic detected (wifi connected) device stops being able to use network settings. The lan side of the lan/wan panels the i'm loading something spinner on screen and the popup error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'name' of undefined

Thu Oct 11 03:24:27 2018 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: Error opening wireless-mirror with error wireless-mirror: No such file or directory.

whilst playing the auto detect high priority traffic worked well, halo mcc was updating in the background, destiny 2 was playing fine and the high priority packet numbers going up along with background. this part was working well from what i could see

Under 10 hours until bo4 goes live for some more usage

For everyone who has received the firmware email, how you are finding DumaOS? We would love to hear your feedback!

If you don't have the email yet, please be patient. Once we know everything is stable we will add the next batch and repeat, until we reach full rollout.

Never had the change to try it , even though I downloaded it,  becasue of the user name and password, I kept trying for an hour with no success, then I had to leave to work this morning. 

Couple of things I should report after flicking through the GUI:

• There are issues with certain drop down menus. For example on the geofilter map zoom setting, it fades into the background and it's hard to see the magnification settings. With the advanced traffic prio drop down box (the one where you pick TCP/UDP) it just doesn't pop up at all. The background glows to acknowledge you're clicking on it, but that's it. Same goes for trying to change device type on device manager (a phone of mine is stuck as a "computer"). 

• The LAN/WAN settings menu is buggy. Unless you move your cursor around or click random stuff beforehand, you cannot select PPPoE or static, or the options in those menus (such as MTU). Only after randomly clicking other settings can you interact with them. Also if you look at the LAN side and then click another submenu (such as UPnP or port forwarding), the screens seem to layer on top of each other making everything an indecipherable mess. Only by moving your cursor outside of the confines of that menu can you remove the additional text to see what you're trying to look at. 

• UPnP does not work at all. 

• Doesn't run well on a mobile browser.

Hey IIIRL,

Are you using Google Chrome?

Is your console NAT open? WWII's NAT reading has been iffy for ages for me. It will even show moderate NAT using an XR500 with NAT filtering set to open at times. As long as my console NAT is open I don't pay much attention to in game NAT unless it was strict.

Its not optimized for mobile - Desktop using Google Chrome is recommended 

• Administrators

missing the forward upnp checkbox from the old firmware asking for a forward to avoid having to forward or double nat 

Played some destiny 2. Filtering mode enabled for geofilter got 0 matches for supremacy game mode. Spectating mode got the 12/12 players being overseas at 230ms ping on the auto ping. That's still working 😀

Powering off a High Priority Traffic detected (wifi connected) device stops being able to use network settings. The lan side of the lan/wan panels the i'm loading something spinner on screen and the popup error

Thu Oct 11 03:24:27 2018 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: Error opening wireless-mirror with error wireless-mirror: No such file or directory.

whilst playing the auto detect high priority traffic worked well, halo mcc was updating in the background, destiny 2 was playing fine and the high priority packet numbers going up along with background. this part was working well from what i could see

Thanks for the report Sturdy. Do you remember what you did just before creating the Uncaught Type Error? For example, did you change your LAN IP settings?

The easy fix to this is to reboot your router, so please do this, but if you could let us know what you did to create the error we will try to reproduce it so we can fix it for everyone else. 

• Administrators

Never had the change to try it , even though I downloaded it,  becasue of the user name and password, I kept trying for an hour with no success, then I had to leave to work this morning. 

The default credentials are:

Username: Admin

Password: password

• Administrators

Installation went without a hitch, except for me not realising you need to use "admin" and "password" to sign in to the GUI lol

I just loaded up Infinite Warfare for the first time in a few weeks and got a nuke in my first game with DumaOS LMAO. Something was next level broken with my connection for over a year on BT (and the same when I moved to TalkTalk) - I could get tiny latency, negligible jitter (I'm talking 50-100 MICROSECONDS at worst), zero packet loss etc, yet CoD matches would play like I was on a one bar. One day I bridged my PS4 connection through my laptop to run Wireshark and found I was getting UDP latency between packets as high as 2650ms between me and my local CoD server in the UK, which I can ping in a constant flat 7ms. I could fire my gun at a guy and not get a hitmarker for 200ms on a good day, over 500ms on a bad day, and it was genuinely like playing on a one bar... or half a bar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyway I set up my DumaOS settings and after having some issues with UPnP, it was 2am by the time I found a game. I set a 750 mile radius around my home location dot in the south of England, had to wait a while because of the time, and all I could find was a late join but it'd taken long enough to find that match so I just said eff it and spawned in. A tryhard on the other team was 17-2, decimating my team; I even had a 3KD teammate who was getting rocked. I died a couple of times, once when weak, once when running unaware out of my spawn, and then I got a nuke LOL. This guy gets creamed not long after the tide turned and dashboards https://youtu.be/RRUOvMeSFcg 😂 

I turned off after that just because I'm tired and lobbies were pretty empty anyway. Of course it's only one game but it seems better to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I can do is get on tomorrow in the day time and hope it's consistently better, but it's a good start. I always wondered if the R1 was causing problems before, perhaps with how I installed the last original OS update? Idk, all I can do is speculate... 

• There are issues with certain drop down menus. For example on the geofilter map zoom setting, it fades into the background and it's hard to see the magnification settings. With the advanced traffic prio drop down box (the one where you pick TCP/UDP) it just doesn't pop up at all. The background glows to acknowledge you're clicking on it, but that's it. Same goes for trying to change device type on device manager (a phone of mine is stuck as a "computer"). 

• The LAN/WAN settings menu is buggy. Unless you move your cursor around or click random stuff beforehand, you cannot select PPPoE or static, or the options in those menus (such as MTU). Only after randomly clicking other settings can you interact with them. Also if you look at the LAN side and then click another submenu (such as UPnP or port forwarding), the screens seem to layer on top of each other making everything an indecipherable mess. Only by moving your cursor outside of the confines of that menu can you remove the additional text to see what you're trying to look at. 

• UPnP does not work at all. When I first set everything up, I simply turned it on and then rebooted the R1 when I had everything set up. I turned on my PS4, loaded up IW and had a moderate NAT. I went back to the UPnP screen and nothing was showing up (it should have shown UDP 9308 and 3074). I disabled UPnP, re-enabled it, rebooted my console, loaded up the game and still it was moderate. I then came here to look for a fix and someone mentioned that it normally forces ports to open if you run a PS4 connection test (which takes care of 9308) and then simply join a lobby in CoD (and 3074 will open), but that did nothing so I just played with moderate NAT. I wouldn't mind using port forwarding (assuming it doesn't cause GUI freezing and WiFi dropouts when the geofilter is enabled at the same time, as happened with the original R1 firmware), but I use Remote Play and the ports used by my phone change all the time so I can't simply look them up and manually forward them. Obviously this is more serious than a few graphical issues as above, so it should be addressed first. 

• Doesn't run well on a mobile browser. Unfortunately you can only see half of the screen of the GUI on a mobile browser, while the old firmware ran flawlessly on Android Chrome. You can get away with forcing the desktop version of the site, but that makes it more difficult to use and navigate due to shrinking everything. 

Sorry for the essay but, yeah... I'm pretty happy overall. Only a few minor niggles to iron out, with a broken UPnP arguably being the most problematic. 

While I'm here I'd just like to thank the team for the invitation and opportunity to try this out. Cheers and happy gaming my fellow nerds 🤓

On the UPNP issue - do you have another router further upstream? If so, could you put it in Bridge Mode or Modem mode or put the R1 in its DMZ?

We tested UPNP pretty heavily so this is an odd one. 

What’s your NAT reading on the PS4 itself (not the game, the actual console NAT test)?

I also have an error with a LAN window in the Network Settings tab. Yesterday it worked well, today the error pops up and the LAN window does not load. Before jumping off the error I turned on the second Xbox, which yesterday I did not turn on after updating to DumaOS and changed its name in the Device Manager tab. After restarting the router, the LAN window works.

Zrzut ekranu (8).png

with me, UPnP works fine, Netdum is connected directly to the modem. On two Xboxes, I have NAT open in the network test.
I also have a question, is it possible to change the time in DumaOS? In the logs, it shows me time 2 hours back.

The log times are in GMT, its not possible to change it to your own time zone.

• Administrators

Installation went without a hitch, except for me not realising you need to use "admin" and "password" to sign in to the GUI lol

I just loaded up Infinite Warfare for the first time in a few weeks and got a nuke in my first game with DumaOS LMAO. Something was next level broken with my connection for over a year on BT (and the same when I moved to TalkTalk) - I could get tiny latency, negligible jitter (I'm talking 50-100 MICROSECONDS at worst), zero packet loss etc, yet CoD matches would play like I was on a one bar. One day I bridged my PS4 connection through my laptop to run Wireshark and found I was getting UDP latency between packets as high as 2650ms between me and my local CoD server in the UK, which I can ping in a constant flat 7ms. I could fire my gun at a guy and not get a hitmarker for 200ms on a good day, over 500ms on a bad day, and it was genuinely like playing on a one bar... or half a bar ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyway I set up my DumaOS settings and after having some issues with UPnP, it was 2am by the time I found a game. I set a 750 mile radius around my home location dot in the south of England, had to wait a while because of the time, and all I could find was a late join but it'd taken long enough to find that match so I just said eff it and spawned in. A tryhard on the other team was 17-2, decimating my team; I even had a 3KD teammate who was getting rocked. I died a couple of times, once when weak, once when running unaware out of my spawn, and then I got a nuke LOL. This guy gets creamed not long after the tide turned and dashboards https://youtu.be/RRUOvMeSFcg 😂 

I turned off after that just because I'm tired and lobbies were pretty empty anyway. Of course it's only one game but it seems better to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ all I can do is get on tomorrow in the day time and hope it's consistently better, but it's a good start. I always wondered if the R1 was causing problems before, perhaps with how I installed the last original OS update? Idk, all I can do is speculate... 

• UPnP does not work at all. When I first set everything up, I simply turned it on and then rebooted the R1 when I had everything set up. I turned on my PS4, loaded up IW and had a moderate NAT. I went back to the UPnP screen and nothing was showing up (it should have shown UDP 9308 and 3074). I disabled UPnP, re-enabled it, rebooted my console, loaded up the game and still it was moderate. I then came here to look for a fix and someone mentioned that it normally forces ports to open if you run a PS4 connection test (which takes care of 9308) and then simply join a lobby in CoD (and 3074 will open), but that did nothing so I just played with moderate NAT. I wouldn't mind using port forwarding (assuming it doesn't cause GUI freezing and WiFi dropouts when the geofilter is enabled at the same time, as happened with the original R1 firmware), but I use Remote Play and the ports used by my phone change all the time so I can't simply look them up and manually forward them. Obviously this is more serious than a few graphical issues as above, so it should be addressed first. 

• Doesn't run well on a mobile browser. Unfortunately you can only see half of the screen of the GUI on a mobile browser, while the old firmware ran flawlessly on Android Chrome. You can get away with forcing the desktop version of the site, but that makes it more difficult to use and navigate due to shrinking everything. 

Sorry for the essay but, yeah... I'm pretty happy overall. Only a few minor niggles to iron out, with a broken UPnP arguably being the most problematic. 

While I'm here I'd just like to thank the team for the invitation and opportunity to try this out. Cheers and happy gaming my fellow nerds 🤓

What web browser are you using? We’ve primarily tested with Google Chrome and haven’t seen these issues. Could you try on Google Chrome and see if you have a better experience please. 

For the Settings error did you delete a console for device manager or any other device that UPnP would have opened ports for?

I also have an error with a LAN window in the Network Settings tab. Yesterday it worked well, today the error pops up and the LAN window does not load. Before jumping off the error I turned on the second Xbox, which yesterday I did not turn on after updating to DumaOS and changed its name in the Device Manager tab. After restarting the router, the LAN window works.

Zrzut ekranu (8).png

Same question as above, was that the cause?

Reboot will resolve the issue.

• Administrators

Hey DumaFam!

Just upgraded and have noticed that my consistant ping of 5ms on SpeedTest.net to my local server has jumped to 40-60ms?? 

Any fix for this apart from downgrading firmware? 

That may just be an issue with having rebooted the router through the upgrade and the ISP doesn’t like it. Keep an eye on it and see if it goes down during the next few days 

That may just be an issue with having rebooted the router through the upgrade and the ISP doesn’t like it. Keep an eye on it and see if it goes down during the next few days 

I tried a factory reset for the r1, no luck. Maybe reset my modem too? Will keep testing throughout the night and get back to you. 

I have downloaded DumaOS yesterday and everything is working perfectly except a few minor things here and there. I don't know if this is a part of the software, but whenever I try to make my actual  bandwidth speed in the QOS section, it keeps on reverting back to 1000 Mbps upload & 1000 Mbps download. 

would appreciate if you can clarify this matter.

I have downloaded DumaOS yesterday and everything is working perfectly except a few minor things here and there. I don't know if this is a part of the software, but whenever I try to make my actual  bandwidth speed in the QOS section, it keeps on reverting back to 1000 Mbps upload & 1000 Mbps download. 

What browser are you using? Google Chrome is the recommended browser.

If you are using Chrome Can you reboot and try entering your speeds again.

• Administrators

As Stuart said, which browser are you using? We’ve focused on Google Chrome and haven’t seen that issue

Disable any ad blockers for the router settings page too, I found that always caused issues with the old firmware. 

Update*** Just gave my PC a Reserved IP on the R1 and noticed an instant drop in ping. Dropped from 40-80ms to 4-6ms. Not sure if things suddenly settled or if this actually worked.....

Edit*** Still seems a little spikey every now and then, possibly just my internet being a little unstable atm. May not be the routers fault. Will keep checking :)

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As Stuart said, which browser are you using? We’ve focused on Google Chrome and haven’t seen that issue

my bad, it turns out that I was setting the number in thousands like 70000 Mbps instead of 70 Mbps. it was a dump move from my side, anyways, everything is as it should be and Dumaos is working perfectly. 

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Macusa69 said:

my bad, it turns out that I was setting the number in thousands like 70000 Mbps instead of 70 Mbps. it was a dump move from my side, anyways, everything is as it should be and Dumaos is working perfectly. 

Thanks for posting the solution, glad to hear its not a software issue.

6 hours ago, pollutionblues said:

Hey IIIRL,

Are you using Google Chrome?

Is your console NAT open? WWII's NAT reading has been iffy for ages for me. It will even show moderate NAT using an XR500 with NAT filtering set to open at times. As long as my console NAT is open I don't pay much attention to in game NAT unless it was strict.

Its not optimized for mobile - Desktop using Google Chrome is recommended 

Yep I was checking out the GUI via mobile and desktop versions of Chrome. 

There's no such thing as open NAT on the PS4 test. Optimal is Type 2 but it doesn't translate to open as you can still have moderate or strict in game with it as I do now.