Upgrading your Netduma R1 to DumaOS from a version lower than 1.03.6

Netduma Admin

• Administrators

If you have not manually set your own login, it always defaults to admin and password (lowercase and make sure you type this in English)

If you did set a manual login, try admin and password too if your usual entries are not working.

If you can't get it to work, take a small object like a pen and push the reset button down at the back. Hold it down until the lights beep and then wait for the R1 to complete the factory reset. You can then access it again with the default admin and password

11 hours ago, ItsTCBruh_FA said:

I used my Dropbox to download and update to 3.1 & just to a file on my pc. It’s been an hour and no progress on updating to 3.1.

Do you mean the file is taking a long time to download? Or that you have downloaded it and it's not installing onto your router?

57 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Do you mean the file is taking a long time to download? Or that you have downloaded it and it's not installing onto your router?

It’s not installing onto the router. I select the file from Dropbox hit upgrade and the loading bar moves but no progress beyond that point.

• Administrators

Are you already on DumaOS? I assume yes. What browser are you using?

If you could screenshot your page when this happens and post here, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, ItsTCBruh_FA said:

Yes, I’m using Google Chrome as my browser. Okay thank you!

Chrome should be great, but just in case something weird has happened with cache, try upgrading using Firefox please.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:16 PM, henris said:

Tick ‘Allow remote access to Netduma tech support’ -> done
Go to Settings >UPnP and enable the feature if it's not already enabled -> done
Go to Settings > Port Forwarding and remove any rules -> done
Netduma WAN IP manually set to 192.168.100.5 which is also configured as the Huawei router's DMZ address -> done
Port forwarding disable in Huawei router's settings -> done
Try disabling Huawei router's firewall -> done
Port scan 7777 -> FAIL

I'm starting to think that my 4G connection does not support incoming connections at all. Btw, my laptop had no problems connecting to Huawei router in bridge mode (public IP received and internet worked nicely) but Netduma somehow fails.

Is there really no other way to upgrade to latest R1 firmware besides allowing remote access?

Finally success. As suspected the root problem was in my 4G broadband connection. By default they (Elisa Finland) use private addresses and you have to order an addition to the service called Dynamic Public IP Address (link for other potential Finnish Netduma users out there). Also for some reason I could not get the bridge mode working on the original Huawei B525-65a router; Netduma just refused to get the single IP from the router. So I bought Huawei B715 which had bridge mode advertised and it worked immediately. The software seemed almost identical between these two Huawei routers so I cannot understand why B525-65a did not work.

So port 7777 is now showing as open! Go ahead with the fix.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Flop279 said:

Hi - I've followed all the steps listed (disabled AND deleted my port forwarding) and when I scan my port it still shows as closed. 

Some ISPs close ports so I'd recommend contacting them and see if they can open port 7777

El 10/10/2018 a las 14:35, el administrador de Netduma dijo:

Si ha recibido el enlace de descarga del firmware R1 beta pero su versión de DumaOS es inferior a 1.03.6 (por ejemplo, 1.03.3), existe una alta probabilidad de que se rompa el enrutador de forma permanente al realizar la actualización. ( Para verificar su versión de firmware, siga esta guía ).

Para resolver este problema, necesitamos ejecutar una solución simple en su enrutador. Por favor, siga las instrucciones aquí  para permitirnos hacer esto. Una vez que haya hecho esto, publique en este hilo para pedirnos que prepare su enrutador para la actualización . No es necesario que publique su dirección IP.

Help after updating request user and password? Which??

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DanielDiano said:

Help after updating request user and password? Which??

admin

password

(In English).

If it does not work, you may need to factory reset the R1 by holding down the small reset button on the back of the router. Use something small like a pen or a paper clip to do this

35 minutes ago, henris said:

Sorry to bump this , any news on applying the fix?

I will chase this up today to see when we can run these fixes