Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

Just installed the beta, everything is nice. for devices under geo filter and traffic prioritization i do not see a xbox option any more, also if your trying to view the dashboard on the xbox box one using the microsoft edge app you just get a blank screen that says authorization required, does not give you the option to sign in like on pc or your phone. one more question on the old version you were able to put your bandwidth speed and it would automatically put the best settings for you is there a option for that now on dumaOS

• Administrators

When you choose a console it will automatically be applied under the Console service, so no need to manually choose an option yet.

We don't have an auto-speed setup now because it's not required anymore, we massively simplified that whole area. The one exception is if you have speeds >200mbps  - to get more than this you have to disable QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat options.

We have not optimised for phone yet - but we're looking into an app. Are all pages in Edge blank, or just the Dashboard?

Great to hear you are enjoying it!

So I'm assuming that you can no longer access the R1 with DumaOS from the WAN side?

Since I don't see that option and also the fact that it doesn't work. 

Any chances of allowing this in the future?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, FQs19 said:

So I'm assuming that you can no longer access the R1 with DumaOS from the WAN side?

Since I don't see that option and also the fact that it doesn't work. 

Any chances of allowing this in the future?

Not at the moment. Yes I imagine so!

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Jlman3705 said:

Geofilter is not displaying all peers.  I have several friends not showing up on the map as well as hosts to allow or deny.  Possible that this is a Blacks Ops 4 issue?  PS4.

Can you make a new topic please describing the issue and we can take it from there

How long is this Email usually take?  Ive been waiting almost 2 weeks and still nothing!   Why is it taking so long?  Can someone help me out here! Really looking to getting this installed ASAP!!  Just got black ops 4 and the tick rate is only 20Hz So Anything will help!  I wanna get this installed and start playing!  Hopefully they up the tickrate back up to 60Hz like it was in the beta!   I think its BS they dropped them!  Blackout is also 20Hz, So its not just the Multiplayer!   And if you wanna send the email, My email is   [email protected]  Thank you

Edited by IGotzPotatoAim

please, anyone who already owns DumaOS does not release it without the team's permission for others to download it, this could cause big problems like someone breaking their R1. Be patient, everyone will have their time to have DumaOS, think that because they are in a hurry, they may never enjoy it for breaking their R1

Good morning to all, I received my firmware email yesterday and everything run flawless with the upgrade and with the settings, I've made some experiences like change the details , factory reset and was Ok, I notest a little difference on the speed tests ( I have 200 Down and 20 Up ) but I thing was the congestion time and, early morning today was better , goog games on WW2 and Bops4 .

Thank you Duma Team

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

How long is this Email usually take?  Ive been waiting almost 2 weeks and still nothing!   Why is it taking so long?  Can someone help me out here! Really looking to getting this installed ASAP!!  Just got black ops 4 and the tick rate is only 20Hz So Anything will help!  I wanna get this installed and start playing!  Hopefully they up the tickrate back up to 60Hz like it was in the beta!   I think its BS they dropped them!  Blackout is also 20Hz, So its not just the Multiplayer!   And if you wanna send the email, My email is   [email protected]  Thank you

We're rolling out DumaOS over time to make sure everything runs smoothly. The majority of people have the upgrade at this point - check your junk folder (this goes for anyone looking at this thread!) as several people have reported receiving the email in their junk / spam folders.

Im trying to be patient, But yeah still nothing in the spam/junk folder either!  Could maybe, It not of went through or something?  How long does it usually take to receive the email?   I got the Email from signing up like right after i signed up,  Hopefully soon!  This is like waiting on an RMA to come back LOL 😴

• Administrators
1 hour ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Im trying to be patient, But yeah still nothing in the spam/junk folder either!  Could maybe, It not of went through or something?  How long does it usually take to receive the email?   I got the Email from signing up like right after i signed up,  Hopefully soon!  This is like waiting on an RMA to come back LOL 😴

Just checked - you're due to receive it in the next batch. I expect this will be sent out in the next 24 hours.

Awesome!! Thank you SO much!! I Greatly appreciate it!  I love this router and ive been waiting soooo long! LOL Cant wait to play around with it!   I have 1 idea i think you guys should add though,  name the states and country's,  Or even just initial them, That would be awesome!   So we can just look and know what state or country host/server where we are connected to! 

21 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Awesome!! Thank you SO much!! I Greatly appreciate it!  I love this router and ive been waiting soooo long! LOL Cant wait to play around with it!   I have 1 idea i think you guys should add though,  name the states and country's,  Or even just initial them, That would be awesome!   So we can just look and know what state or country host/server where we are connected to! 

Very good idea...it wound be awesome.

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

A few people have asked for that over the years; it's on our roadmap so we'll see if it can be implemented in the future. Thanks for the feedback!

Hi all, just installed the beta, looks good! I'm just curious, I assigned IP's to all my devices from the Netduma, I can't seem to find the option for this now? I have so many devices in my home that I am quite wary of knowing what is what! Thanks

EDIT: Ignore, found it in network settings!