Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

The installation worked out very well and i cannot spot any problems (yet, will give more feedback later)

One thing i noticed, is there a manual for the new DumaOS features?
Some of those are new to R1 users such as under QoS Bufferbloat "goodput" box, what does it do?

also things like bleeding edge cloud, deep packet processing is no longer available, is it no longer necessary to adjust those?

here some quick pros and cons that i noticed:

+ so far im quite happy with the new interface, looks much better although i miss an early adoper logo haha

+ the new device manager is much better than the previous one, especially the LAN/WLAN separation was a great choice

+ very nice to have a QoS high traffic detection system, thats pretty neat

+ the detection is actually pretty spot on, it only activates when im in a fortnite game but stops when im back in the lobby

my concern here is that some games measure your ping to find the best server, if the detection kicks in too late you might end up on a bad server due to a high ping

+ so awesome to have more infos regarding the server in the geo filter, great way to tell if your fav game uses the amazon aws servers or differnet ones :)

- the option to change your internet speed is hidden a bit too much, same for the share excess option

- some of my devices are still labeled as unamed devices, might have to manually figure out which those are and rename them

- the bandwidth network graph is not really ideal, the bottom one should scale with your total bandwidth but the upper one makes more sense to be permanently scaled to your maximum possible bandwidth. That way you gain a lot more information, right now the two are too similar

- you have to constantly move the mouse within the upper network graph to see its bandwith useage, sure you could look at the bottom graph too but if you offer an option to hover over the different graph bars then the numbers shouldnt vanish after 1 second if you dont move the mouse

- QoS tab: do i have to manually add devices for traffic priorization? or is it better to only keep the "all devices" option active

I signed up shortly after getting the email about beta signups.  I've gotten nothing at this point.  With hundreds or thousands of r1 customers, the extremely small group of 50 is not a good sign that there is confidence in the update.

I'll be shocked to get an email prior to the launch of BO4.

6 months of waiting... and counting.

also the server cloud seems to be outdated or the geofilter isnt working as intended

geo filter set to europe, tried to join a fortnite server located on the US east coast but with ping 31, so its location is wrong

will keep the geo filter on spectate mode only for now

specific server info:

Listed as US east coast but is an EU server

Host Type Peer
ID 4403a570a0e37378
Domain Name ec2-3-120-227-112.eu-central-1.compute.amazonaws.com

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Od1n said:

The installation worked out very well and i cannot spot any problems (yet, will give more feedback later)

One thing i noticed, is there a manual for the new DumaOS features?
Some of those are new to R1 users such as under QoS Bufferbloat "goodput" box, what does it do?

also things like bleeding edge cloud, deep packet processing is no longer available, is it no longer necessary to adjust those?

here some quick pros and cons that i noticed:

+ so far im quite happy with the new interface, looks much better although i miss an early adoper logo haha

+ the new device manager is much better than the previous one, especially the LAN/WLAN separation was a great choice

+ very nice to have a QoS high traffic detection system, thats pretty neat

+ the detection is actually pretty spot on, it only activates when im in a fortnite game but stops when im back in the lobby

my concern here is that some games measure your ping to find the best server, if the detection kicks in too late you might end up on a bad server due to a high ping

- the option to change your internet speed is hidden a bit too much, same for the share excess option

- some of my devices are still labeled as unamed devices, might have to manually figure out which those are and rename them

- the bandwidth network graph is not really ideal, the bottom one should scale with your total bandwidth but the upper one makes more sense to be permanently scaled to your maximum possible bandwidth. That way you gain a lot more information, right now the two are too similar

- you have to constantly move the mouse within the upper network graph to see its bandwith useage, sure you could look at the bottom graph too but if you offer an option to hover over the different graph bars then the numbers shouldnt vanish after 1 second if you dont move the mouse

- QoS tab: do i have to manually add devices for traffic priorization? or is it better to only keep the "all devices" option active

There are lots of ? icons around which will tell you what features do. We will be making more guides also. No longer necessary to adjust cloud.

Thanks for your feedback on those options being hidden. 

Reboot and their proper names may appear.

We'll probably add some filters in future to make it easier for people to adjust 

Would recommend keeping the all option enabled

They may have changed the Fortnite servers recently as it was working not too long ago, most likely added some due to demand. 

Any news on the next wave of people?    Surely the better part of a day is enough to see if 50 people are having issues or not.     Really want it installed before midnight.   

DumaOS hype and BO4 hype combined is killing me.   

Just hope I(everyone) get(s) an email no later than say 2 or 3 hours before BO4 launches so I can get setup and have the Duma running correctly.  Don't want to be messing around with the Duma the next few days rather than playing the game.

I figure you guys know what your doing with this roll out in waves of 50. Maybe you have a plan to increase the size of the wave as long as install feedback is positive.

On 10/10/2018 at 7:05 PM, Ducky62 said:

Nice.    Hopefully the second group is at least 51 people lol

where

On 10/10/2018 at 6:57 PM, Netduma Admin said:

101 - you were quick off the mark!

where am i on the list  please