Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

18 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Do they all look the same size even when zoomed in? The best time to check this is during a game. 

Take a screenshot the next time it’s like this and post on here - we might be able to help you identify which one is the host. 

And as a general rule - if one of them is a rectangle then that’s a dedicated server, so is almost certainly the host of your game 

Yes even when zoomed in and scattered all over the globe, so last night every icon was a rectangle. I’m going to play I’m a little bit I’ll take a screenshot 

let me know if theres something you see that i don't, and a lot of those triangle icons are on my allowed list just haven't had a chance to click on them and re allow them again

ND in game.jpg

by the way my home pin where it is in so cal sucks the games are so bad my ping is always 60 plus but if i put it over the dublin server its 12-20 the majority of the time

• Administrators

Was this during the game or as the lobby was filling? It might have been the server in Ireland, but I think this was just an 'authentication' server (not a dedicated server that hosts your game.

One thing that would be useful the next time this happens - enable Auto Ping and take a mental note of the ID of the host. Then disable Auto Ping and go one by one and click on each icon. Eventually you'll find the same ID (the host). Then look at the Map and see if there is any reason it looks different to the others.

If you are trying to play Blackout with GF on with the radius that small it will take you like 40 minutes to fill a lobby if you ever do!  And Is strict mode on?  Try turning it off and setting your PA around 50 and see if that helps,  And BTW Admin is for sure right the Server in UK is an "Authentication Server",   And check out DSL reports and see what you are getting for your ping/bufferbloat/Quality,  Are you using QOS at all? And what settings are you running? Like Up/Down?, Try messing around with the QOS and keep running DSL reports till you get "A" for bufferbloat,  Try to get all A's if possible,   

Side Note :    I Have noticed if i'm running through my R1 my 100Mb Down and 10Mb  Up i Only get about 80Mb Down TOPS  And about 6Mb up tops,   If i go from my stock modem/router  I get over 100Mb, Like 115Mb the whole time downloading a game on my Xbox!  Why am i loosing so much speed?   I know on the old R1 OS did this, And you had to run Turbo mode and something else and you only lost a few Mb,  Never this much though!  

54 minutes ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

If you are trying to play Blackout with GF on with the radius that small it will take you like 40 minutes to fill a lobby if you ever do!  And Is strict mode on?  Try turning it off and setting your PA around 50 and see if that helps,  And BTW Admin is for sure right the Server in UK is an "Authentication Server",   And check out DSL reports and see what you are getting for your ping/bufferbloat/Quality,  Are you using QOS at all? And what settings are you running? Like Up/Down?, Try messing around with the QOS and keep running DSL reports till you get "A" for bufferbloat,  Try to get all A's if possible,   

Side Note :    I Have noticed if i'm running through my R1 my 100Mb Down and 10Mb  Up i Only get about 80Mb Down TOPS  And about 6Mb up tops,   If i go from my stock modem/router  I get over 100Mb, Like 115Mb the whole time downloading a game on my Xbox!  Why am i loosing so much speed?   I know on the old R1 OS did this, And you had to run Turbo mode and something else and you only lost a few Mb,  Never this much though!  

That sounds like BufferBloat at work...

• Administrators
2 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

As above, sounds like bufferbloat. If you make a new topic regarding the issue with details we can take a look

Who me?  I was talking to about Todds Issue  I Have an A+ on my buffer-bloat on DSL reports, Running  78-88 on QOS,   But what i was saying is, Running Only my Xbox 1 downloading a game on the R1 wired in even at 100% QOS, So my whole download speed, I only get about 80Mb Down tops,   But if i run my stock modem/router with no QOS or anything, I'm hitting 115 the whole time!    I was talking to ToddZilla about his problem,  Mine Cant be buffer-bloat like i said, Only thing running is the Xbox 1, And if it were buffer-bloat it would do it more on my stock modem/router because it doesn't even have  QOS or anything,  Something else gotta be going on with the DUMA losing Speed,  My other buddy has one and he has the same issue as me with the speed,  Flat out, While running the R1 DUMA,  You will not what get your full internet speed, Atleast on a Xbox Console for sure!  Test it out and see what you come up with,  There are lots of people having the same issue though form what i'm reading :(

11 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Was this during the game or as the lobby was filling? It might have been the server in Ireland, but I think this was just an 'authentication' server (not a dedicated server that hosts your game.

One thing that would be useful the next time this happens - enable Auto Ping and take a mental note of the ID of the host. Then disable Auto Ping and go one by one and click on each icon. Eventually you'll find the same ID (the host). Then look at the Map and see if there is any reason it looks different to the others.

yes during game play. and auto ping was enabled. and again when i have my home pin over the dublin server in ireland the the connection to the game is super OP and i'm usually host with a in game of 12 to 17 ping

tonight when i play will change auto ping to manuel during game play and try to figure out which icon is the actual host

Who me?  I was talking to about Todds Issue  I Have an A+ on my buffer-bloat on DSL reports, Running  78-88 on QOS,   But what i was saying is, Running Only my Xbox 1 downloading a game on the R1 wired in even at 100% QOS, So my whole download speed, I only get about 80Mb Down tops,   But if i run my stock modem/router with no QOS or anything, I'm hitting 115 the whole time!    I was talking to ToddZilla about his problem,  Mine Cant be buffer-bloat like i said, Only thing running is the Xbox 1, And if it were buffer-bloat it would do it more on my stock modem/router because it doesn't even have  QOS or anything,  Something else gotta be going on with the DUMA losing Speed,  My other buddy has one and he has the same issue as me with the speed,  Flat out, While running the R1 DUMA,  You will not what get your full internet speed, Atleast on a Xbox Console for sure!  Test it out and see what you come up with,  There are lots of people having the same issue though form what i'm reading :(

i have my qos set to 70% 70%, i have fios 150mb up / down i also have ping assist set to 30, 500ml on the home pin, strict mode on i find games pretty fast. on the long side the most is 5 or 8 min for a lobby to fill up but they are dream lobbies but this is only when i have my home pin over the dublin icon

if i put geo filter and spectator mode i get put into better lobbies and more stable then my home screen being set to where i live

i was going to roll back to a firmware before dumaOS but game play is ok with the geo filter on in spectator mode. and when ever i feel like getting those really good games its not to much trouble to get the geofilter to work for a couple games. but i did notice last night with it on, i could only got 2 or 3 game before the game would turn to complete crap, drop me from lobbies or kicked me back to the dashboard. spectator mode it never does any of that

Lol Its Ok, It is hard to keep track of this! lol  But No Admin, If i completely turn off QOS it gets no Speed back at all!  Still losing like 20-25%  Speed on download and upload Even on the PC running speed test on DSL reports or any other!  Just running stock modem/router get the full speed everytime and solid!

• Administrators
9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i was going to roll back to a firmware before dumaOS but game play is ok with the geo filter on in spectator mode. and when ever i feel like getting those really good games its not to much trouble to get the geofilter to work for a couple games. but i did notice last night with it on, i could only got 2 or 3 game before the game would turn to complete crap, drop me from lobbies or kicked me back to the dashboard. spectator mode it never does any of that

Are you playing on Xbox or PC Todd? We should have a Cloud update out for both very soon which will fix this. 

Lol Its Ok, It is hard to keep track of this! lol  But No Admin, If i completely turn off QOS it gets no Speed back at all!  Still losing like 20-25%  Speed on download and upload Even on the PC running speed test on DSL reports or any other!  Just running stock modem/router get the full speed everytime and solid!

What are your max speeds?

My max speed through just my stock modem router, I Pay for 100Mb Down, 10Mb Up,   And i get pretty much all of it downloading from Xbox i get like 100-115down, 9Up Constantly too,  But when running through the R1 the MAX i get is about 80Down 5Up QOS OFF, And it fluxes alot!  up and down,   When on my stock, It just pretty much stays at max speed like 95% of the time!   And it foreal tosses me into games lightning fast and the lobby's already pretty much maxed out when i join a blackout lobby, like 90+ people!    On my R1 sometimes it will take 5-10 Minutes to GET a game "GF OFF" and then when i do get in a lobby, There's like 40 people in there and it takes FOREVER To fill up, Sometimes it wont and i gotta just back out!    And Yes that's when in Spectating mode!    Its like even when in spectating mode its kinda like the GF is still active and it takes forever ya know?    And still have the issue where unless i restart the router everynight before i play i will have a MOD NAT type,  Unless i restart the R1 everynight then open the game for it to be OPEN NAT!  Though's are the main issues i'm having that's stopping me from playing!  Why i was considering going back to old OS on the R1,  But if there's going to be some fixes i will gladly wait!  I LOVE DUMA OS!  And I LOVE MY R1!  I just want it to work! :)

• Administrators
5 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

My max speed through just my stock modem router, I Pay for 100Mb Down, 10Mb Up,   And i get pretty much all of it downloading from Xbox i get like 100-115down, 9Up Constantly too,  But when running through the R1 the MAX i get is about 80Down 5Up QOS OFF, And it fluxes alot!  up and down,   When on my stock, It just pretty much stays at max speed like 95% of the time!   And it foreal tosses me into games lightning fast and the lobby's already pretty much maxed out when i join a blackout lobby, like 90+ people!    On my R1 sometimes it will take 5-10 Minutes to GET a game "GF OFF" and then when i do get in a lobby, There's like 40 people in there and it takes FOREVER To fill up, Sometimes it wont and i gotta just back out!    And Yes that's when in Spectating mode!    Its like even when in spectating mode its kinda like the GF is still active and it takes forever ya know?    And still have the issue where unless i restart the router everynight before i play i will have a MOD NAT type,  Unless i restart the R1 everynight then open the game for it to be OPEN NAT!  Though's are the main issues i'm having that's stopping me from playing!  Why i was considering going back to old OS on the R1,  But if there's going to be some fixes i will gladly wait!  I LOVE DUMA OS!  And I LOVE MY R1!  I just want it to work! :)

We did push a cloud today so flush the cloud and try that, looks like we may need to revisit it though to double check.

For speed does PC get the expected speeds? Is it just console download speed?

3 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Xbox

We did push a cloud today so flush the cloud and try that, looks like we may need to revisit it though to double check.

My PC still has the lower speeds aswell bud! :(   My Friend is having the same issue and he has a different IP too!  So its not my internet!  I Remember the OLD R1 OS did the same thing, But if you ran Turbo Mode and ran the CC on Reactive It would get your speed back up to about 90%  The Duma has always lost a little speed,  Witch i'm not to worried about i don't need 115Mb to game!  Lol   But would like it to be a little higher ya know? 

• Netduma Staff
14 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i will flush the cloud tonight and turn the geo filter back on. yesterday the bo4 update made the game a 100 times better, with geo filter off i was getting super low pings 20 and under

That's awesome to hear, lets keep an eye on it. I'm optimistic about our latest cloud update yesterday as well.

so i came home tonight turned the xbox one checked the nat, it was mod like usual, rebooted the r1 got a open nat type but now that dubblin server that use to have a solid ping of 5 to 8 is 60plus  and cant find a game anywhere with the geo filter on that had a ping under 80 every game 80+ to 300 so bad after the 5th or 6th try. re locating the home pin restarting the game i just put it into spectator mode and back into games with a 12 to 20 ping

heres a pic of the long with geo filter on

27EDCD24-5622-4EC2-84BE-2AE438D690B6.jpeg

Netduma Fraser - Even if i completely disable QOS it still has the same issue about 20% loss of speed!   If anyone else Has a stock modem/router they can use to test this it would be nice!   Just run stock modem/router run speed test,  Then run speed test on the R1 and see if you are loosing speed?   Thanks everyone for the help!    Honestly ive been running my stock modem/router the last few days and its nice not having to reset Everynight and always have an Open Nat, And Getting into lobby's in literally seconds!   Man i wish we can figure out whats up with the R1 fast!  I Really wanna Use the GEO And QOS And get good lobby's fast,  I could be Crushing more then i am! LOL :)

PS: BTW Everytime i flush the cloud it always says this action took to long Wait a few minutes to use the R app?    Whats that mean?  Is the cloud actually flushing? 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Netduma Fraser - Even if i completely disable QOS it still has the same issue about 20% loss of speed!   If anyone else Has a stock modem/router they can use to test this it would be nice!   Just run stock modem/router run speed test,  Then run speed test on the R1 and see if you are loosing speed?   Thanks everyone for the help!    Honestly ive been running my stock modem/router the last few days and its nice not having to reset Everynight and always have an Open Nat, And Getting into lobby's in literally seconds!   Man i wish we can figure out whats up with the R1 fast!  I Really wanna Use the GEO And QOS And get good lobby's fast,  I could be Crushing more then i am! LOL :)

PS: BTW Everytime i flush the cloud it always says this action took to long Wait a few minutes to use the R app?    Whats that mean?  Is the cloud actually flushing? 

Hard to keep track in this topic but you're not running PPPoE are you?

That's normal behaviour just refresh a minute after seeing that message and it will have applied.