Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

Ok I fully understand what you guys mean now!  Just needed that cleared up!  Thank you!    I just wanna know why i'm having such a hard time finding servers when i live in the US, In PA?  I Have the GEO set for 850 Miles And i know there are atleast 5 servers within the field, But sometimes they just wont appear?   But some will show up on the west coast?  But wont allow since i have Geo set,  If i set PA at 50ms, Sometimes it will finally just toss me into a west coast server like the Washington State but i thought that was authentication server aswell or i will get the one at the bottom of Cail,  But yes i Zoomed out my map to see the Uk And US At the same time, And The UK does still pop up from time to time even if i'm on an east coast server :),    here is another one for you guys,  Very weird!  Ok, Like i said sometime i have a hard time finding a Eastcoast servers, They just wont pop up at all if i'm in a SOLO Lobby!  Now IF i invite another friend on the eastcoast, Then it will find the eastcoast server pretty quick,  I never understood why that is just because hes in my game or even in my Xbox live party!  If you know the answer to this,  10 points go's your way! LOL 

• Administrators

Its possible there is a server in the same location as the authentication server thats used for the game, they often cluster lots of servers in the same location. Have you denid any servers at all? It could be that you've denied something that helps you get a game and by inviting your friend it then bypasses it as you can connect through them

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Nothing blocked and 40 to 400

400 is almost certainly due to local congestion or the server itself, even connecting to the other side of the world you'd probably be lower than that.

--

Also guys if you're having issues please make a new topic, we're 10 pages into this topic that was meant for general discussion only, it's getting hard to track individuals issues.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:08 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

so theres way to many things to take screen shots off and i don't feel like blurring out numbers im not sure that should be showed, so how about you send me a checklist and i'll tell you what they are

Does it clear your allow/deny list when you turn off auto ping?

LOL geo filter is broken. last couple days i just been playing with it in spectator mod. and somehow on my allowed list i have a over 30 people added last night i came home to play and i noticed about 7 of them the names changed to all the same name so now i have no clue to who someone is. and people that have spectrum no matter where they live it always shows them on top of each other in the state of kansas 

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

LOL geo filter is broken. last couple days i just been playing with it in spectator mod. and somehow on my allowed list i have a over 30 people added last night i came home to play and i noticed about 7 of them the names changed to all the same name so now i have no clue to who someone is. and people that have spectrum no matter where they live it always shows them on top of each other in the state of kansas 

Hi Todd - there's a lot going on behind the scenes with the Geo-Filter at the moment, we're optimising it a ton but I'm not surprised it's caused some weird things to happen. Would you mind makin' a new thread? That way you could include some screenshots if possible - that would be super helpful for our developers and we could see what went wrong in your case! :)

11 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi Todd - there's a lot going on behind the scenes with the Geo-Filter at the moment, we're optimising it a ton but I'm not surprised it's caused some weird things to happen. Would you mind makin' a new thread? That way you could include some screenshots if possible - that would be super helpful for our developers and we could see what went wrong in your case! :)

it's understandable, its in beta mode still. And i believe i have done a good job testing it and on starting a new thread i already did that a while ago and it has a ton of screen shots

it's not different at all, its just encountering different issues now. i started off with manual ping then changed to auto ping after your suggestion then changed back after the problems i encountered. "http://dumaos or the LAN IP or using HTTPS?" i dont understand the question 

• Administrators

Have you been accessing the interface via the different methods of http://dumaos / http://192.168.88.1 or https://dumaos / https://192.168.88.1 and changing settings on each one?

If you just use manual ping and turn off auto ping do you encounter it happening?

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you been accessing the interface via the different methods of http://dumaos / http://192.168.88.1 or https://dumaos / https://192.168.88.1 and changing settings on each one?

didn't even know this was a option. i just been doing what ever popped up after the first install of the dumaos firmware update and for sure i though i was only using 192 168 88 1

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you just use manual ping and turn off auto ping do you encounter it happening?

so when i first started using dumaos i had to change to manual ping because you cant click on a icon and name each one individually. after getting my friends on and your suggestion i changed to auto ping and then like i mentioned in other post i have to keep we allowing people that is already on my allowed list else dumaos wont let them connect to me "lobby not joinable" and from going back and forth i feel its just a mess and i'm noticing new bugs. like auto ping renaming people on my allowed list to the same name

so far from my experience with dumba os there is no happy medium. its one or 2 games of a awesome connection then just crap for the rest of the night. or crap the whole night. spectator mode is the only way to play with out the lobby dropping or the game kicking back to dashboard in the middle of a game.

i feel downgrading back to the oder firmware before dumaos came out would be the best gaming experience  to there's a new update for dumaos

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay gotcha, that's not the issue then. I'll see if the team can reproduce the auto ping renaming hosts. 

Have you flushed the cloud since yesterday to see if your experience has improved?

no but i will try it tonight. you told me not to do it to you recommend it

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

no but i will try it tonight. you told me not to do it to you recommend it

Definitely try flushing the cloud - if you were ever told not to, it was probably because the cloud update wasn't actually released yet. It's out now, so flushing the cloud should make a big difference :) (keep in mind that flush cloud takes a little bit of time to complete)

7 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Definitely try flushing the cloud - if you were ever told not to, it was probably because the cloud update wasn't actually released yet. It's out now, so flushing the cloud should make a big difference :) (keep in mind that flush cloud takes a little bit of time to complete)

Huge difference!!! but with auto ping i cant individually pick each icon that i want to add names to them and it changed 4 allowed names to the same after 2 or 3 hours of playing

• Administrators
1 hour ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

what is the newest Version of Duma OS?  Jack you said you could Temp Ban Now? 

The one ending .29, you should be able to permanently ban on DumaOS.

55 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

Huge difference!!! but with auto ping i cant individually pick each icon that i want to add names to them and it changed 4 allowed names to the same after 2 or 3 hours of playing

You'll have to manually ping for that as auto ping will just ping the host. We'll need to investigate that separately as will likely to require a firmware update

Well guys I think i'm going to downgrade back to old firmware,  Just to many issues right now and since i'm back to work i don't really have the time to play around everynight just to get it to work,  Can anyone help me with downgrading?   Like what is the name of the backup file? Or do i have to redownload it?   I really love the DUMA OS to :( ,  Just a little to buggy right now, Especially with Black ops 4 and finding servers and Nat type stuff! 

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You'll have to manually ping for that as auto ping will just ping the host. We'll need to investigate that separately as will likely to require a firmware update

but how do you know which one its pinging? i cant seem to figure that out, i know it shows a ip but none of the icons on the map change and you cant click on any of them to see if its the same ip and if you change it from auto to manuel by the time it changes all the icons disappear 

• Administrators

@IGotzPotatoAim - what’s buggy specifically? If you’re on Xbox then I recommend you hold out for a few more days for us to deliver our fix. It will take effect on both DumaOS and the original R1 firmware. 

But here are the instructions in case you want to go back: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos

@TODDzillaInLA - the largest icon is the host so it will be pinging that. If it’s hard to tell which is the largest, use the magnifying glass to zoom in and it will be more obvious. 

You make a good point though - we could look to add a more obvious way of identifying the host. So thanks for pointing this out. 

@Netduma Admin -  Ok sweet I'll wait it out for the new fix, But Yeah all you gotta do is go back and read my posts,  I Don't wanna post the same stuff over again on this form like Jack said,  If you want me to make a new post i will gladly :)  Thanks for the update! 

12 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

@TODDzillaInLA - the largest icon is the host so it will be pinging that. If it’s hard to tell which is the largest, use the magnifying glass to zoom in and it will be more obvious. 

You make a good point though - we could look to add a more obvious way of identifying the host. So thanks for pointing this out. 

So you keep saying the large icon, they are all the same size and color and there’s a head sometimes a head with a circle a triangle and a square 

• Administrators
11 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

So you keep saying the large icon, they are all the same size and color and there’s a head sometimes a head with a circle a triangle and a square 

Do they all look the same size even when zoomed in? The best time to check this is during a game. 

Take a screenshot the next time it’s like this and post on here - we might be able to help you identify which one is the host. 

And as a general rule - if one of them is a rectangle then that’s a dedicated server, so is almost certainly the host of your game