Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

So i figured out why i have to keep hitting the allow button on people i already added to my allow and deny list, So if i have auto ping on and someone that is not already on my allowed list will  not be able to join and i can not click on their icon to add them to my allowed list because of auto ping being enabled. If i turn auto ping off i can now click on any icon i want, but because its off i have to keep hitting allowed on people that is already in my allow and deny list. when auto ping is on it automatically allows them to join well most of them. sometimes it still doesn't then i have to turn auto ping off so i can add the ones that cant. hopefully this info helps

Yes i have set all port forwards set and tried with no port forwards set!  Still doing the same thing!   But its for sure acting like the UPNP is enabled even when its off!  If i delete all Port forwards and shut off UPNP it still pops up under the UPNP Tab and the Teredo UPNP will still pop up and gives my Xbox Open Nat!  

On 11/26/2018 at 8:04 AM, TODDzillaInLA said:

So i figured out why i have to keep hitting the allow button on people i already added to my allow and deny list, So if i have auto ping on and someone that is not already on my allowed list will  not be able to join and i can not click on their icon to add them to my allowed list because of auto ping being enabled. If i turn auto ping off i can now click on any icon i want, but because its off i have to keep hitting allowed on people that is already in my allow and deny list. when auto ping is on it automatically allows them to join well most of them. sometimes it still doesn't then i have to turn auto ping off so i can add the ones that cant. hopefully this info helps

Could I have some more information on your settings? I'm not clear on what the issue is.

• Netduma Staff
18 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Thank You very much Jack And Joseph For looking into the problems for us!  And thank you for turning the issues over!  Lets just hope they figure it out for us :)  I love this Router! And i love DUMA OS!  Thanks again!

No problem :) we're looking into the UPnP thing you brought up. If we find anything we'll get back to you!

so theres way to many things to take screen shots off and i don't feel like blurring out numbers im not sure that should be showed, so how about you send me a checklist and i'll tell you what they are

• Administrators
7 hours ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

so theres way to many things to take screen shots off and i don't feel like blurring out numbers im not sure that should be showed, so how about you send me a checklist and i'll tell you what they are

Okay no worries, I'll let Joseph know to come back and ask you for what he needs.

1 hour ago, billcline said:

Am I supposed to be connecting to this server in the UK???Capture3.thumb.PNG.16895d06c42f3335b81dc22fd26ece5c.PNG

Yes that is a whitelisted authentication server required for online play

Why would there only be 1 authentication server and why would it be in the UK?  I've never seen this before from any game ever before until duma os and Black ops 4 honestly,   When i connect to this in a game, My ping is like 450ms and it plays baaad!  So i dont know about all that, Are you sure that's whats going on here?  When i get an east coast sever, That server don't show up?    It would be really cool to have the dedi server ban again! I really miss that feature! :)

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Why would there only be 1 authentication server and why would it be in the UK?  I've never seen this before from any game ever before until duma os and Black ops 4 honestly,   When i connect to this in a game, My ping is like 450ms and it plays baaad!  So i dont know about all that, Are you sure that's whats going on here?  When i get an east coast sever, That server don't show up?    It would be really cool to have the dedi server ban again! I really miss that feature! :)

There are some in the US that appear from time to time. We didn't used to show whitelisted servers on the original R1 map but rest assured they were there and those who had the admin version can attest to that also. That server in Ireland has consistently been required since all the CoDs in the R1's lifetime probably longer. 

Yes absolutely what's going on, since its just for authenticating it doesn't impact your game ping. It won't always show for the duration of your gaming session, just when its authenticating. You can ban deny servers permanently now!

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are some in the US that appear from time to time. We didn't used to show whitelisted servers on the original R1 map but rest assured they were there and those who had the admin version can attest to that also. That server in Ireland has consistently been required since all the CoDs in the R1's lifetime probably longer. 

Yes absolutely what's going on, since its just for authenticating it doesn't impact your game ping. It won't always show for the duration of your gaming session, just when its authenticating. You can ban deny servers permanently now!

As Fraser said the Irish servers have always been there just not visible until DumaOS unless you had admin mode on the R1. Demonware who handle networking services for COD (and other games) are based in Dublin.

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

so i have my home pin set to that server in dublin also its about 5ms ping when the one in the US for me is 40+ 

and in case you didn't know i live in Los Angeles CA USA

It's probably another authentication server on top mislocated and should be in the US. If you provide the ID we can move it.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

i don't know. but if i put my home pin where i live in the Los Angeles area whenever we join lobbies they are extremely laggy and usually we get dropped and kicked back to the main menu

Whats the ping on the Geo-Filter? What gets blocked when you get kicked?