Open Beta of DumaOS on the Netduma R1: General Discussion

Netduma Admin

• Administrators
1 hour ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Why i was asking was maybe when it renews the lease the R1 is not picking it up and refreshing? allowing the ports to open?    And is there only 1 firmware version right now for DUMAOS?  I'm on 2.1.2.10,   Is that the newest version?  If not how do i upgrade? 

I'm not sure, should be doing that just otherwise devices probably wouldn't get an IP and therefore no internet. There is a more recent one, check your spam/junk. If it's not there email [email protected] to get sorted

2 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Why i was asking was maybe when it renews the lease the R1 is not picking it up and refreshing? allowing the ports to open?    And is there only 1 firmware version right now for DUMAOS?  I'm on 2.1.2.10,   Is that the newest version?  If not how do i upgrade? 

dumaos-2.1.3.29.sig is current 

2 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

updated to new firmware today, And now its worse,  Nomater what i do the NAT is strict!  Nomater what ports are open, or if i do the reset of the R1, Its staying strict!  Run the stock modem router, its open for days!   this is driving me NUTS!!

i know what u mean. i have the same problem. on my fritzbox i have always open nat. when the ps4 is connected to the r1 i hardly find lobbies and its kicking me out a lot. on the fritzbox blops4 looked kinda more stable than with the dumaos. i guess we will have to wait until the they fixed the little issues with the new firmware. its gonna take a time

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

updated to new firmware today, And now its worse,  Nomater what i do the NAT is strict!  Nomater what ports are open, or if i do the reset of the R1, Its staying strict!  Run the stock modem router, its open for days!   this is driving me NUTS!!

Probably some miscommunication between the modem and your R1. This can happen with any router. Are you using UPnP on your R1? Try factory resetting it, and reboot your modem. You could also try manual port forwarding on the Netduma.

3 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

i know what u mean. i have the same problem. on my fritzbox i have always open nat. when the ps4 is connected to the r1 i hardly find lobbies and its kicking me out a lot. on the fritzbox blops4 looked kinda more stable than with the dumaos. i guess we will have to wait until the they fixed the little issues with the new firmware. its gonna take a time

If you're struggling to use the Geo-Filter with Black Ops 4, you can always disable it. With it disabled, the R1 will act like any other router and shouldn't cause any in-game issues.

Like i said Jack, I have tried Manual PF,  I Have Like Every Port Needed To Game On Every Game I play On Xbox Ports Forwarded, And again, I've tried UPNP,  I've Tried Port forwarding,  I've Tried to use both at the same time, Tried Deleting all port forwards and just letting the UPNP take over,  I Did get it out of the Strict Nat after factory restarts of everything,  Now its back to doing what it was,  If i reset the R1, On the first boot of the game, The NAT will be Open,  After that,  If i have to restart the game for any reason in the same sitting, So like if i restart an hour later, Or 10 minutes later and open the game back up,  Its Back to MOD NAT,   "While the Xbox itself is Still And ALWAYS Open NAT" This is what is driving me nuts!  And since i play Blackout the most i don't even use the GEO Filter,  I Just leave it in Spectating mode,  And it still takes forever to find a lobby, Even on the first boot when the NAT is open,  It just takes like 5 minutes sometimes more to find a lobby, Sometimes it just wont find any! Or the only server it will find is in the UK, When i live in PA?  I Posted a pic above, If i take the R1 out of line and just run my Ubee modem/router its always OPEN NAT, And it slaps me into a game in seconds!    I Love My R1 so much, And i wanna use it so bad!  I Love the GEO and Love the QOS and ping assist!   So i just wanna figure out what the problem is with the R1,  It has to be something with the R1 not allowing the ports to open or something with the location in the router like not finding servers at all,  Since theirs like atleast 6 on the east coast and i live in PA?  And BTW, I am NOT on WiFi, I am Plugged in,  I was thinking maybe trying to clone the MAC of my Ubee onto the R1?  Not to sure on how to do this and if it would even work?   

• Administrators

Have your Xbox on the dashboard, delete the device from the Geo-Filter completely, boot up to the main lobby. What is your NAT type? Then make sure your Geo-Filter settings are how you want them and add your device to the Geo-Filter. Wait 2 minutes, then search, is it quicker?

Not better at all!   I have strict mode checked in this picture, And this is what happens I found a game pretty quick, But its not on a server, It just goes to P2P?    This is a MP Lobby,   But i gotta say i love the new stats it shows, Tickrate and stuff!  That's sweet!  Just gotta get it to work!  

dumabroke.jpg

something definitely up. i only get to play at night after i get home from work so my xbox is off from the time i stop playing to the next night. lately i cant even connect to a party chat into i re allow someone thats in the chat that i already have on my allow list and everytime i turn my xbox on and i open bo4 its moderate. i dashboard the game restart the R1 then open the game back up and its open. once i get back in the game i have to check to see who im going to play with and then also hit allow again so they can connect to the lobby. i have to do this every night

• Administrators
5 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Not better at all!   I have strict mode checked in this picture, And this is what happens I found a game pretty quick, But its not on a server, It just goes to P2P?    This is a MP Lobby,   But i gotta say i love the new stats it shows, Tickrate and stuff!  That's sweet!  Just gotta get it to work!  

It certainly looks better, it got ping assisted and gave you a low ping server. Also I checked the IP, it is a server. This is what I mean by it might not always be a peer just because it says it is. What about the NAT?

59 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

something definitely up. i only get to play at night after i get home from work so my xbox is off from the time i stop playing to the next night. lately i cant even connect to a party chat into i re allow someone thats in the chat that i already have on my allow list and everytime i turn my xbox on and i open bo4 its moderate. i dashboard the game restart the R1 then open the game back up and its open. once i get back in the game i have to check to see who im going to play with and then also hit allow again so they can connect to the lobby. i have to do this every night

The NAT reading if it's that temperamental it indicates that it probably is open it just doesn't always read the status correctly for some reason. I don't know why you keep having to allow the same users unless their IP is changing or the allow/deny feature isn't working correctly which I believe devs are aware of

Its for sure not just a visual thing with the NAT,  I Have to do the Same thing He does everynight!  And if i don't when its MOD NAT, I Cannot connect with friends that also have a MOD NAT,  I have to get it Open and then its fine!  And  That's weird about the server thing, Because none of them spots on the map is a server,   I know sometimes it wont pop up!  But its foreal taking forever or just not connecting me at all,  And like i said, Even if its the GEO is in spectating mode or even just deleted all together its still the same,   And Todd,   Try flushing the cloud and see if that works,  I did have the same thing happening for a while with it not saving who i allowed!,  I Flushed the cloud, And i might of did a factory reset and it started working!     But with the NAT Type,   The only way i can get it to open is by resetting the R1 and reopening the game back up,  And it will be open until i restart the game again!   And its back to MOD NAT! LOL     Its killing me i just don't understand whats going with it?  And like with the servers not popping up,   Just like the other day,  Me and a friend were playing and i started the lobby, It took forevvvver to get a game, And finally it started, And it was the same way as the picture, And it was my friend that was host,  It had HIS IP there?  I was like WTF?  Thought it was kinda cool that it gave me his IP! lol  He was tripping out like "How do you know my IP" lol 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It certainly looks better, it got ping assisted and gave you a low ping server. Also I checked the IP, it is a server. This is what I mean by it might not always be a peer just because it says it is. What about the NAT?

The NAT reading if it's that temperamental it indicates that it probably is open it just doesn't always read the status correctly for some reason. I don't know why you keep having to allow the same users unless their IP is changing or the allow/deny feature isn't working correctly which I believe devs are aware of

no its moderate. i leave the geo filter in spectator mode after i'm done playing. turn the xbox on its in moderate. try to jump into friends lobbies and i cant then i reboot the router and it switches to open then i can jump into lobbies. then i turn geo filter back on dashboard the game one more time then restart then have fun

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay well I think as this is ongoing I'll pass this over to a developer so they can look into this further.

if a dev looks into it, when bo4 on xbox one goes moderate in black ops 4, the in/out port instead of 3075 is using 1024 on mine. upnp says 3075 is still forwarded. restart the R1 and it'll go back to using 3075, open nat in game, finds games etc. We can't see conntrack or iptables to see what they see for more info

plus a side note, the xbox one in connected standby (rest mode), it port flaps. eth disconnected, eth connected, eth disconnected, eth connected. that's an xbox thing and no idea if that breaks anything on the r1 software side

Thank you very much Fraser for turning this over to the devs!  I hope they can find the issue!  And  Sturdy,  I Leave my Xbox 24/7, I Never shut it down, Just like 1-2 times a week to green screen it, That's it so i don't know if that would matter or not like you said!    And Sturdy,  What did you mean you are using 1024 for blackout?  It wants 3075?  Or do you mean your Xbox is using 1024?   My Xbox is using 50271. And its always OPEN, Its just bo4 that i'm having the issue with.

I have mine completely power down when I turn my Xbox off. I get green scream every time I turn it on so that isn’t making the difference. 

Also so I have upnp off but check out this screenshot 

4B922162-210F-46E3-A48C-C85AD900EB19.png

• Administrators
17 hours ago, SturdyFugur said:

if a dev looks into it, when bo4 on xbox one goes moderate in black ops 4, the in/out port instead of 3075 is using 1024 on mine. upnp says 3075 is still forwarded. restart the R1 and it'll go back to using 3075, open nat in game, finds games etc. We can't see conntrack or iptables to see what they see for more info

plus a side note, the xbox one in connected standby (rest mode), it port flaps. eth disconnected, eth connected, eth disconnected, eth connected. that's an xbox thing and no idea if that breaks anything on the r1 software side

Where does that port appear on UPnP?

I know Xbox now has the ability for you to select a port on the console itself to use, if you make it use 3075 does that resolve it out of interest? 

I shouldn't have thought so no.

24 minutes ago, TODDzillaInLA said:

I have mine completely power down when I turn my Xbox off. I get green scream every time I turn it on so that isn’t making the difference. 

Also so I have upnp off but check out this screenshot 

4B922162-210F-46E3-A48C-C85AD900EB19.png

Are using Xbox as well Todd? If so can you do the above and does that by any chance fix it?

On 11/22/2018 at 6:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Where does that port appear on UPnP?

I know Xbox now has the ability for you to select a port on the console itself to use, if you make it use 3075 does that resolve it out of interest? 

I shouldn't have thought so no.

Are using Xbox as well Todd? If so can you do the above and does that by any chance fix it?

1. upnp ports are still 3074 (xbox), and 3075 (bo4), they're the only ports upnp opened on the r1 screen

2. xbox alternate port selection is auto (defaults 3074, then tries high ports if 3074 isn't open to the server check), or port 49000+, and 5 more above that. bo4 complains about nat if the outbound udp xbox 3075 -> remote udp (demonware) 3074 doesn't get the response it's looking for (and keep alive every 15 seconds or so). if there's a way to choose in game what port to use, i haven't seen it

manually forwarded to the r1 gets open nat 3075 in game xbox open 3074 as normal

after around 2 games (game 2 went 1024, game 3 did it last time) of blackout after a fresh reboot of r1 and console, the outbound port starts/started using 1024 to game server, and then to other players. by around game 3-4 it's usually no 3075 connections. The previous games it was using 3075 all open nat, and until the r1 reboot (which takes around 30 seconds from the reboot button pressed, vs a few seconds usually)

r1 has everything forwarded to it's wan connection at 1.88, the .159 is ext ip

edit: some connections are sport and dport 1024. I've been suspecting they're using duma os since it's rare to come across a non 3075 connection

oh and every time it's mentioned you can't see other players anymore on your geofilter, I have to assume it's pc/ps4 you're talking about

some1024.png

• Administrators

I do not know what else to suggest as all settings are correct, I've let Devs know so they can look at it when they get a chance. I'm sure it must be the game not reading it properly if its fine then suddenly it isn't, the router settings won't have changed in that time.

Someone suggested this 

which seems to have helped them quite a bit and another user saw their in game location change to be more accurate after doing so. Interested to see if that helps with NAT also.

5 hours ago, billcline said:

finally had time to upgrade to the OS.

two questions:

1.) why is the DumaOS site not secured?

2.)I can not see everyone in the room. Usually just the host.

1. Haven't added a HTTPS certificate, there is no personal data ever entered on the interface so not crucial

2. Thats expected behaviour as mostly just connecting to host/server.

I Just tried this but my GEO location in B04 is Like 4 miles off,  So i think that's pretty good! And I'm stuck running my ISPs Modem/Router in Modem/Router mode,  When i try to run it in Bridge mode and run the R1 behind it, All the lights light up on the ISP Modem but it wont give me internet nomatter what i try!   I think its just something with my ISP, Because i also have a Lanline "Phone" Through them too witch also runs through the modem!    But i did change the Internal IP to 192.168.100.XXX,  And there is no difference!   But i did see that when i first restart the modem,  And before i open Bo4,  In The UPNP Tab there is just my Xbox, When i first open the Game there is No UPNP For Bo4,  And that's when the NAT is open in Bo4, After the game is open after then it makes a UPNP for 3075 And that's when it goes back to MOD NAT?   Anyone find that weird?  Like its OPEN NAT if it don't pick up the UPNP,  I've tried shutting off UPNP But it still picks it up and has it under the UPNP Tab,   Pretty much what i'm saying is,   Its like even if you shut off UPNP its still running!     Sorry i'm not very good at explaining stuff sometimes when i'm trying to type it out for others to understand! lol