DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta!

Netduma Luke

1 hour ago, sean2056 said:

can someone email me the firmware? i have signed up since and still haven't received it. my email address is [email protected]

no one can and should not send the file to you unless it is from the netduma team, if you receive it from someone outside netduma and you can update your it can break R1 and in no case can claim or demand anything.

If you already fill out the form, be patient, you will soon be able to update safely and enjoy DumaOs.

A greeting!

Can you give us some guidance as to how far through you are please?

How many users are you bringing in each day? What's the roadmap with regards to adding users? When do you plan on releasing in full?

I signed up over a week ago, the Dumo OS was announced over 2 years ago, you've missed every single deadline you've set, to say that I'm frustrated would be be the understatement of the year.  The only plus I've seen is that at least Jack and Ian are bothering to engage with customers in this thread.

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, EricSe7en said:

Can you give us some guidance as to how far through you are please?

How many users are you bringing in each day? What's the roadmap with regards to adding users? When do you plan on releasing in full?

I signed up over a week ago, the Dumo OS was announced over 2 years ago, you've missed every single deadline you've set, to say that I'm frustrated would be be the understatement of the year.  The only plus I've seen is that at least Jack and Ian are bothering to engage with customers in this thread.

It's been a frustrating time, we get that. Moving forwards we hope to communicate better with everyone and stop setting unrealistic deadlines and building up expectations only for it to backfire. That being said, this list could be exactly the same thing - if we start saying 'we've released X amount of upgrades, and you're here on the list!' but then an issue happens, that would just lead to disappointment again.

If you've signed up to the beta it won't be long - we rolled out a ton more upgrades last night and more are on the way. The best advice I can give you is to read about DumaOS and keep an eye on your inbox. It'll soon be with you, and we really appreciate your patience as we get DumaOS to everyone.

1 hour ago, Lyncho84 said:

I recieved my email but when i go to download it says ca t open file

You need to upgrade from the R1 page , go to upgrade and select the downloaded file... still waiting for the email

On 10/18/2018 at 2:02 AM, EscapeTheArtist said:

As much as I hated waiting, expecting to get access to an unfinished product purely because you got the router before most people is absolutely ridiculous. Imagine getting the DumaOS while it was in development for the R1 and it bricks your R1. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't risk that. They wanted it stable before they released it. I hated the wait. I wish there was more communication (or any at all, for that matter), but I can confidently say that if they ever offered me an unstable version of the software, I would have said no. And you'd be insane to accept it. Maybe you can afford to replace your R1, but most of us still have the R1 over the Nighthawk (WHICH HAS DUMAOS) because of the pricetag of the Nighthawk.

Also, don't think for a second that being an early adopter gives us the right to have access to products that are in development. The ONLY reason people expect to get the DumaOS free of charge is because they stated it would be. They could have just as easily released an "R2" and made us pay. You can feel entitled to the finished product because it was promised, but don't think for a second that it is your right to have all future releases free of charge because you bought a router that's like 3-5 years old at this point. The R1 will become obsolete, and you will have to upgrade. Prepare for that, man.

I  mean i kinda agree with the response you have. I guess how i really meant for this to go was " Wouldnt you feel better about your product if you let the users who have had the netduma R1 since the beginning test it out and give you feed back before you would really trust someone who is fairly new receive it and they just think they love it because they finally got a solid kill using 3 bullets instead of 4-5! after a few games of doing good they start getting hammered and they dont understand so now the product will be labeled as broken or shit simply because they dont have the same results every single game! So i agree in a way! And yes i could go buy the nighthawk but id rather use my R1 if its capable of runnin this software which it was promised to do so and uhm free!

23 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

It's been a frustrating time, we get that. Moving forwards we hope to communicate better with everyone and stop setting unrealistic deadlines and building up expectations only for it to backfire. That being said, this list could be exactly the same thing - if we start saying 'we've released X amount of upgrades, and you're here on the list!' but then an issue happens, that would just lead to disappointment again.

If you've signed up to the beta it won't be long - we rolled out a ton more upgrades last night and more are on the way. The best advice I can give you is to read about DumaOS and keep an eye on your inbox. It'll soon be with you, and we really appreciate your patience as we get DumaOS to everyone.

Were these upgrades done in the background? I just wanna make sure I didn't miss anything lol. I can say so far my firmware is running great!! Geo-Filter is amazing and the layout for the new OS is very sleek! Thanks to the Netduma team for putting in serious work on this bad boy 😁

38 minutes ago, jaynh75 said:

Hello I got the email to upgrade, I however can’t use my laptop till parts come in. Is it possible to do the upgrade wirelessly from my iPad?

Yes, you can update from whatever device you have connected to your R1, only to download the update file on the device and then enter your R1, then enter R1 and click on update and select the update file, Your R1 should be updated without any problem.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:17 PM, Netduma Luke said:

DumaOS_Launch_Header.png

We are delighted to announce that DumaOS on the Netduma R1 has now moved to Open Beta! If you would like to take part, please complete this form: DumaOS for R1 Sign Up

Open Beta means the firmware is available to anyone who wants it, but to stay ahead of any potential issues, we will be rolling DumaOS out in stages on a first come, first serve basis.

The first 50 people who submit the form will receive an email with a link to the firmware. Once we know everything is looking good for this initial set, we will email the next set, gradually increasing the number of users each time until the full rollout is complete. 

Reaching this point is a big step in the roadmap of DumaOS. We have some awesome features that we are already developing. These will be released in a series of ‘Milestones’ – we will be announcing more on this soon.

Many thanks to all our closed Beta Testers who have been absolutely amazing at getting us to this point. We couldn’t have done it without you guys.
Finally, a big thank you to all of you, the Duma Army, for your support and patience. We appreciate this was a long development road, far longer than we expected, but we never lost our resolve to bring DumaOS to you. We hope you love it.

Thanks
The Netduma Team

To discuss this Open Beta, or ask us any questions, feel free to post in this thread.

If you have received the firmware upgrade file and need support, please visit our dedicated subforum here: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/105-dumaos-on-netduma-r1-support/

How is this an open beta?

9 hours ago, PuppetMaster82 said:

How is this an open beta?

it is because there are a lot of users that are not running the current release of R1OS so to eliminate/reduce the amount of 1on1's and tech help flooding they decided to roll out in batches of 50 users at a time to make sure users have the best experience and hassle free upgrade to dumaOS.

18 hours ago, jaynh75 said:

Hello I got the email to upgrade, I however can’t use my laptop till parts come in. Is it possible to do the upgrade wirelessly from my iPad?

no, it is not possible or advisable to do it wirelessly. You have the email so upgrade when your laptop is fixed and connect it wired to your R1.

I received the email link about an hour ago.  I signed up around 6 hours after the invite email.  Hope this helps others judge where they may be in the queue.  My line is quite stable and don't have bufferbloat/congestion issues so I'm not even sure how helpful the new OS will be for me. I'm probably the only one that hasn't been ready to slit throats over the new firmware haha  I feel most of my issues are to do with crap servers and the Australian network infrastructure rather than my ISP line and the R1 in it's current form has been doing it's job but we'll see if anything changes. Good luck to everyone.

• Netduma Admin locked, unlocked, locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic