Jump to content
Netduma Luke

DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta!

Recommended Posts

Hey guys you need to be patient I know it's hard but as DumaOS team said they working hard all this am saying bcoz I got and email with DumaOS link and definitely do some test and upload results here to improve DumaOS am getting 30% packet loss in Fortnite PS4  on current R1 firmware I'll upgrade to DumaOS and test it .. I wish you all get DumaOS ASAP👌👍😊💚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, infernomachine said:

I’m a little concerned I missed the email...I signed up a couple hours after email last week but still haven’t received the second email or am I just being impatient??

I can see why you'd think there's an issue but I can assure you there isn't! Most of the folks who signed up to the beta signed up within that first few hours. You guys were very quick off the mark!

We'll make sure nobody is missed out - make sure to check your spam / junk folders too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, infernomachine said:

I’m a little concerned I missed the email...I signed up a couple hours after email last week but still haven’t received the second email or am I just being impatient??

It's being rolled out in stages bud. There was a ton of interest as you can imagine, so everyone will get their chance eventually :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is, besides the VPN which I miss terribly, the level of attention and polish on this firmware will make even the strongest doubter a believer (I mean, look at me).

I have been playing Black Ops 4 flawlessly, while my wife watches Netflix. I can categorically say it is worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

still amazes me that the people who purchased the R1 back when hardly anyone had even heard of such thing still hasnt received a download link nor did they get the opportunity to have acces to DumaOS before it was included with  purchase of a different router! But its a business move i get it! Lemme know when DumaOS 2.0 releases MAYBE us early believers will get a chance to experience it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raikun said:

Tout ce que je peux dire, c'est que, mis à part le VPN qui me manque terriblement, le niveau d'attention et de polissage de ce micrologiciel fera de même le doute le plus fort un croyant (je veux dire, regardez-moi).

Je joue parfaitement à Black Ops 4 alors que ma femme regarde Netflix. Je peux dire catégoriquement que cela vaut la peine d'attendre.

Quel est le secret pour bo4 ? :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sorr23 said:

still amazes me that the people who purchased the R1 back when hardly anyone had even heard of such thing still hasnt received a download link nor did they get the opportunity to have acces to DumaOS before it was included with  purchase of a different router! But its a business move i get it! Lemme know when DumaOS 2.0 releases MAYBE us early believers will get a chance to experience it.

 

As much as I hated waiting, expecting to get access to an unfinished product purely because you got the router before most people is absolutely ridiculous. Imagine getting the DumaOS while it was in development for the R1 and it bricks your R1. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't risk that. They wanted it stable before they released it. I hated the wait. I wish there was more communication (or any at all, for that matter), but I can confidently say that if they ever offered me an unstable version of the software, I would have said no. And you'd be insane to accept it. Maybe you can afford to replace your R1, but most of us still have the R1 over the Nighthawk (WHICH HAS DUMAOS) because of the pricetag of the Nighthawk.

 

Also, don't think for a second that being an early adopter gives us the right to have access to products that are in development. The ONLY reason people expect to get the DumaOS free of charge is because they stated it would be. They could have just as easily released an "R2" and made us pay. You can feel entitled to the finished product because it was promised, but don't think for a second that it is your right to have all future releases free of charge because you bought a router that's like 3-5 years old at this point. The R1 will become obsolete, and you will have to upgrade. Prepare for that, man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Critical said:

I realize DUMA OS is out. I'm referring to the people who signed out the same day it came out. It's been 5 days and I have not received anything. I am being singled out. 

 

You're not being singled out. The majority of the sign-ups were in the first few hours of release. It happens. Keep in mind that they are a relatively small company and beta rollouts aren't as easy as they are with huge companies. They want to lessen the possibilities of a bad rollout. Be patient. We're lucky this is free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Critical said:

I realize DUMA OS is out. I'm referring to the people who signed out the same day it came out. It's been 5 days and I have not received anything. I am being singled out. 

 

i signed up 15 mins after receiving the email about DumaOS beta, i got my email with the download link 2 days later. have some patience it will come to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Netduma Jack I've signed up on 11/10 at 10:57. Since you say you guys have received a ton of interest in the first few hours, is it worth for someone like me to hold their hopes up that it will come before the launch DumaOS? or anytime soon really? Should I stop checking my emails eagerly every morning thinking it will be there. :D Its such a tease Lol :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kaks07 said:

@Netduma Jack I've signed up on 11/10 at 10:57. Since you say you guys have received a ton of interest in the first few hours, is it worth for someone like me to hold their hopes up that it will come before the launch DumaOS? or anytime soon really? Should I stop checking my emails eagerly every morning thinking it will be there. :D Its such a tease Lol :)

It probably seems like no progress is being made here, but every day a large amount of people are emailed the link. It's going faster than it probably seems. I'm sorry I can't release the figures, but it would only cause you guys more stress :)

3 hours ago, Critical said:

I realize DUMA OS is out. I'm referring to the people who signed out the same day it came out. It's been 5 days and I have not received anything. I am being singled out. 

You aren't being singled out. A vast amount of people signed up on the very first day of the announcement. Since we're launching DumaOS in stages, the vast majority of those stages contain people who signed up on the very first day. With a bit of patience, DumaOS will soon be yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Launching it in stages... yeah right. I think you should take the words Open Beta down as clearly it's anything but.

 

Btw signed up 4 hours after and over a week later still nothing. Netduma sold out and I can tell you that alot of Og duma owners won't come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, digz_au said:

Launching it in stages... yeah right. I think you should take the words Open Beta down as clearly it's anything but.

 

Btw signed up 4 hours after and over a week later still nothing. Netduma sold out and I can tell you that alot of Og duma owners won't come back.

really that every time I understand less people, I have already said that it is being done progressively and in stages so that no person has problems and does not break their R1, what else do they want? sure if it had been launched openly now the forum would be full of complaints that more than one R1 would not work, the netduma guys are watching for you so they do not run out of R1 and that's how they pay it, with post protesting and complaining because they did not receive DumaOs, I really feel sorry the behavior of certain people ... and above you that only has a post misero and for the only thing that is written to touch the nose, honestly, people like you are left over in the world...

For all the others just tell them to be patient that sooner or later they will have their DumaOS and surely they will not regret having waited.

a greeting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

It probably seems like no progress is being made here, but every day a large amount of people are emailed the link. It's going faster than it probably seems. I'm sorry I can't release the figures, but it would only cause you guys more stress :)

Cheers for the reply. I will await instructions. Hopefully soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to tell anyone how they should feel. However I signed up within the first 30 minutes of the sign up going live and it took me 3 days to get my link.  Sure during those 3 days I was wondering what the hell is taking so long. Listen, trust me when I say this. Once you get the DumaOS on the R1 you will be happy you waited. 

Also my personal advice. Once you update to DumaOS and it's up and running do a Factory Reset. Then put in all your settings.  Some settings don't carry over well when you upgrade to the DumaOS and you will get errors when you try to edit or delete stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×