Netduma vs Wolflink

sharpz44

So I stumbled across this router by mistake   

https://www.wolflinks.com/index.php?p=smaug2

Now looking at this it seems they use geo-filter and some other stuff, but also the new one that will be released will have 2.4ghz and 5g ghz wifi, not that I`m buying it as I`m happy with my duma, also looks like it`s made in china, so my question is that I know Netduma are a software company but would it not be good to have a device that looks like this and I feel sure that the Netduma would outperform this device, I`m sure the duma guys are aware of this product but if not then hear it is.

O and not sure how the previous wolflink performed as not many reviews on it.  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remeber once my companybwas working onnsome wirreless video links and this unknow chaines company came to the market offering revolutioner solutions boards . we have order a sample for 3 tousends buks havent recive it till today

Hi,

Wow, that did not take long! Some people have little regard and no class. I realize it's about money so no holds barred but hell holds a special place for them.

P.S. I wouldn't spend a keystroke on that thing...

When you click the pay link its for the old version that has not got the geo ect the smaug 2 is not out yet 20th of july but i bet it is still cheap my samsung s5 from china can vouch for that ;)

Yep.... I`m not getting it anyway, I wondered if it had been seen before,,,, Anyway this website is better as it shows there Hi-tech factory....lol...hahaha

http://lingto.en.alibaba.com/product/60171638967-801118473/App_enabled_Smart_Router_with_OS_memory_parental_control_app_control_wireless_strong_stable_signal_long_range_Wolf_link.html

• Administrators

This seems to be a complete scam, they've copied our site verbatim, their UI is basically ours with a different theme, I would not trust this. Furthermore we are covered by patents so if a single one is sold we will take legal action. 

Thanks for letting us know Sharpz 

• Administrators

This seems to be a complete scam, they've copied our site verbatim, their UI is basically ours with a different theme, I would not trust this. Furthermore we are covered by patents so if a single one is sold we will take legal action. 

Thanks for letting us know Sharpz 

Ditto. Thank you so much for finding this and letting us know Sharpz. As Iain said, this is intellectual property theft and completely illegal so please avoid this.

I have to admit the PSN pre-downloading with bittorrent seems like a nifty feature, but I would never support a company that blatantly rips every other feature right down to the interface.

• Administrators

I have to admit the PSN pre-downloading with bittorrent seems like a nifty feature, but I would never support a company that blatantly rips every other feature right down to the interface.

What exactly are they talking about? Downloading updates for the playstation?

That is the older version, the one with the duma stuff is released 20th july but I am guessing they would put it on Amazon as well, I hope the duma lawyers are on this quick sharp.

Don't worry Zennon, I'm almost certain it doesn't even work. Notice that the Geo-Filter doesn't have a map. Also I doubt it can run on a machine with a spec that low. I think they have just changed the UI on the PC. Anyone who see's this do not buy it as you will not get a refund. And in worst case scenario I assure you it will not work (we thought about this & china before we launched  ;) )

At this same time you guys have to have your eys wide open as that case shows how this product is popular and other doggy people will try to do some simialr scam. You are not a smalll start up company any more you are becoming well known in gaming comunit and how spends lost of money every year gamers do. So for garte sucess of somebody always comes tons fo scum bags wonting to get a slice of a cake they dont deserw. This router is a grate product one of a kind and need to be well guarded altes thats my opinion

Maybe you guys need to get some legal eagles to draw up a statement for you to put out on here as a sticky and twitter too.

Whilst they are at it maybe drop a line to the Tolkien lawyers too for naming it after one of their dragons.

Looking at this again i can see the flaws in it , it says about congestion control and shows the device manager, they have copied what you have said in your video's Iain

The allow deny section is a switch.

It is looking fake.

• Administrators

can someone please explain to me this psn bittorrent feature I may implement one in the next upgrade. I assume its not patented ergo we can write our own version. 

Barbra songs I sing to my R1

The way you make me feel,

The way we were,

No more tears,

I finally found someone,

Someone to watch over me,

Get happy,

The love inside,

Ive dreamed of you and bewitched. :)

Good idea bagsta but we don't want to Barbra Streisand it lol3

Thanks for the support as always Lukasz, worst case scenario me, you and the rest of the Duma army go to hong kong and ruff them up haha <---- for legal reasons this is clearly a joke and not to be taken seriously

to late mate its been considerate aproved and right now a legion is forming to be released tomorrow shoud reach the target lates at alfa barvo tango and the protocol is extermination once and for all

Archived