finally left virgin with bt now need help with setup

GP3

Hi there with bt now have ordered a open reach modem is that the best thing to do also what is the best setup ? going through hub6 dmz the netduma seems good getting at flat 19-20 which i never got with virgin but something seems wrong as im getting melted (though that could just be fortnite at the mo)maybe through a modem will make it even better as feels ify on cod too bit inconsisten even though its reading a flat 19-20 ping any help would be welcome thanks in advance

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, GP3 said:

Hi there with bt now have ordered a open reach modem is that the best thing to do also what is the best setup ? going through hub6 dmz the netduma seems good getting at flat 19-20 which i never got with virgin but something seems wrong as im getting melted (though that could just be fortnite at the mo)maybe through a modem will make it even better as feels ify on cod too bit inconsisten even though its reading a flat 19-20 ping any help would be welcome thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum!

First off it's worth clarifying which ping reading this is. Are you getting 20ms ping on a wired PC using Pingplotter (i.e your Base Ping) or is this your ping to the game server itself? These are the two ping numbers you need to be aware of. If this is your base ping, shown either by Pingplotter or by an Internet Diagnostics test on the Netduma, then your game ping will be higher than that. Your ping to the game is the sum of your Base Ping and your ping to the server (base ping + host ping).

Let us know how you got your ping readings and we'll go from there :D

• Administrators

Ok - that's a great ping to a game server. So it's unlikely that your connection is a problem. Is the ping stable, as in does it fluctuate much or is it steady?