Netduma r1 resets itself

EddySpaghetti

5 hours ago, EddySpaghetti said:

My duma resets itself randomly. Also I’ve been getting poor performance from it.

Is the Duma in a well ventilated place?  sometimes overheating can cause reboots. Do you have it plugged into a wall socket or a power strip? If you are using a power strip, plug into a wall socket instead and see if that stops it rebooting.

4 minutes ago, EddySpaghetti said:

I don’t think that’s advisable because my because lightning Happens a lot in my area. And when the duma resets, all lights go off besides ACT light in the back.

My suggestion to plug into the wall was more to make sure your power strip isn’t faulty as we’ve seen faulty power strips cause rebooting in the past. Could you try another power strip just to rule that out?

31 minutes ago, EddySpaghetti said:

I think it just bricked. The pwr light is on and no lights are flashing. What do I do next? Send it in?

One of the Netduma staff will advise you what to do next. With it being the weekend a reply may take a little longer but they will get back to you.

• Netduma Staff
On 9/29/2018 at 10:04 AM, EddySpaghetti said:

I think it just bricked. The pwr light is on and no lights are flashing. What do I do next? Send it in?

Hi Eddy - not to worry, if it comes to it we could be able to replace your router if you're within warranty. Did you buy it less than a year ago?

Either way lets try some last resort things. One thing to note is that this could well be your power adapter - it's more likely for the adapter to break than the router itself. If you wanted to buy a new adapter or see if any other adapters in your house match it, make 100% sure that the voltage and other stats listed on the power adapter match the one we provided with your Netduma R1. I can't stress that enough - if you use the wrong power adapter it could be a fire hazard.

That being said, with your Netduma plugged in can you get onto the interface on a wired PC? If you connect Ethernet cables do the port lights come on?

• Administrators

Hi Eddy - that actually looks OK because you don't have any devices connected. What happens if you connect a device into one of the LAN ports? Do the lights come on? Could you take another photo after trying this as Jack requested?

• Administrators

Hi Eddy - just to double check, were those ethernet cables plugged into other devices that were switched on at the same time?

• Netduma Staff

Yes... can I just send it in for a replacement?

Lets do it - you're covered by your warranty and there's no other options to try really.

If you email [email protected] with your full address and order number (or email address used to order the router) we can get your replacement sorted. Thanks!