My Sony Soundbar keeps recieving 2 IP adresses and isen't reachable!

Why does my Sony soundbar keep receiving 2 IP address from the Netdumar1 and become unreachable after a few hours until I completely remove the device from the list! A few hours later Spotify connect and firmware update through the internet no longer work on the soundbar, I check devices on the NetdumaR1 and of course 2 IP addresses again!

netduma zuigt.png

1 hour ago, fakkel said:

Why does my Sony soundbar keep receiving 2 IP address from the Netdumar1 and become unreachable after a few hours until I completely remove the device from the list! A few hours later Spotify connect and firmware update through the internet no longer work on the soundbar, I check devices on the NetdumaR1 and of course 2 IP addresses again!

netduma zuigt.png

Have you changed the DHCP range at all? Or have you assigned IPs to your devices under DHCP Lease? I've only ever seen that in Device Manager when I've assigned a specific IP to my devices manually. A simple reboot fixes that :)

I didn't do anything, I haven't changed the DHCP or even touched it. Reboot doesn't work, it will add an extra IP address to it after a little while and then Spotify Connect stops working and then I first need to disconnect the Soundbar, then reboot the router, remove the device from the device list and set it up again.

• Netduma Staff

Have you had the soundbar connected both wirelessly and wired? This can cause an IP address to appear for each connection type.

Have you tried setting a static IP address for the soundbar?

A week ago I had problems with my ISP Modem who wasn't in full bridge mode even though it said full bridge! It said full bridge mode on my screen and on that from my ISP! But if all your Lan ports still work I mean, come on! In the end, it was a server glitch, where the settings (done correctly) wouldn't correctly load in onto my ISP modem and that would make a mess (here the bridge mode can only be enabled by your ISP). My Modem said full bridge mode, all Lan ports still worked! It said wifi turned off, Radio was still on. It said full bridge mode, but I got Nat issues! Once they finally fixed the problem where the settings wouldn't load in correctly my Modem was finally in full bridge mode

I have to say it doesn't matter where you live and what your setup is, normally you call your ISP, they put the modem in bridge mode (5 minutes)and your setup will run for years without any problem, ever! I experienced perfect connections like that with at least 100 families and normally when a family is experiencing connection issues for longer then 2 weeks, we tell them to swap ISP (go to Ziggo) because it is the only one that allows easy full bridge and the cable and everything that comes with it always runs perfectly, at least 99% of the time!

I was so unlucky and it was really a ink between events that made my connection issues into something the standard helpdesk employees had never seen before. I mean how could they right, if the problem could only be solved by changing a setting on a server they can't even reach even if the wanted 2. I am also extemely lucky that I found out that the problem lay at my ISP, because everything was pointed to all other devices in my house, instead of to my ISP modem or it's online settings. If you read my ISP log you wouldn't find a single error, and that the radio was still turned or, but wifi off was maybe a huge indication, but after they tried to reset it and put it back in bridge, it said WIFI and Radio off, but still I had the exact same issues, all LAN ports work, so clearly it wasn't in full bridge

• Netduma Staff

Interesting stuff - so now that you've sorted that out has your soundbar issue gone away? Thanks for letting us know the action you've taken, I'll keep that in mind for anyone else struggling to get bridge mode working.

The soundbar issue had to do with a weird Spotify Application glitch. After I removed the app, my soundbar was directly accessible through the Spotify connect list. Even though there was no update for the Spotify APP, this method of removing the app or the software worked on all the devices. It is possible that the application didn't understand or couldn't handle the double IP and therefore glitched out, from time to time. After my internet got sorted out, I also had to remove and reset the apps and devices and now everything works well. My ISP went through the dust, because in the end a friend of my working the same ISP as an Acces Engineer fixed it in an hour, by changing setting deep on their server, who passes through the protocols and settings to my modem, a server only reachable by engineers and therefore the helpdesk should have forwarded such a extreme and rare problem as mine to someone with full access and understanding of their servers! I have only one super weird issue that I can't figure out and it causes a lot of stress to me and my family because we can't seem to find out what is going on. I will make a new post just for that tonight and I hope you have time to read that as well Jack.

• Netduma Staff

Alright thank you for letting us know; sounds like this was definitely an issue relating to that app. It must be handy having a mate who's an access engineer!

I'll keep an eye out for your next forum post and assist you there. Thanks!