IP addresses vanishes in device manager

Guest Killhippie

Guest Killhippie

I noticed tonight looking in device manager that my printer which showed as offline had no IP address when you click on it. the IP part is blank, so if I make it come online it gains its IP again. Then I looked at my Wireless Zeppelin, same thing click on the icon in device manager and no IP showing its blank and its offline. So I boot that up and the IP shows again, but the printer has now gone offline and looses its IP in Device manager again. All these devices are using DHCP reservation. Is this expected behaviour? Or is it a bug because without the IP you can only tell what the device is by its MAC address. Now thats not an issue when you have named all your devices, but when you are setting up from new, or a factory reset its a real pain.

I have seen this on my XR500 and XR700 bea. I cann see why if they are not being used after a dhcp lease update and they are turned off or asleep but the addresses should be visible you would think if they were statically assigned.  

• Administrators

We’re completely overhauling then Device Manager. I’m not certain if this particular issue is covered, but recognition of online / offline devises, extenders, switches and other stuff will all be superior. It’s best to wait for this and check again.