How to speed up P/P server bans

• Administrators

Hi Ink - there’s around a 1-2 minute time out. So if you’re still connected to the server, or have only just been disconnected, it won’t  be blocked. This is to prevent cheating (e.g. booting a peer from a game when you’re host). 

It shouldn’t be taking 20 minutes though. Are the server IDs the same each time? It could be a different server from the same server bank. 

Here's what happens. On a dedi it's a no brainer. If 1 minute into the game it's trash I ban it and 15 seconds later I get booted out of the game. Quickly find another game on a new server and all is good.

On a P/P server I rate it 1%and update during play ,making note of the id. I can finish the game and play the entire next game on the banned served and never get booted like on a dedi. If i leave the game early i still get dumped back onto the bad server for about 15 minutes. 

• Netduma Staff

Fortunately we rewrote the entire code for Allow and Deny in DumaOS. With DumaOS you'll just be able to block servers and peers outright - there's no 'temp ban' messing around and it's a much simpler process. The guys are working around the clock to get it all finished for the R1 and I reckon that'll be the solution you need.

Just to clarify, has this ever worked for you? Have you ever successfully banned a peer? It's difficult to tell, I know - and that makes it difficult for us to test this bug as well. Have you flushed the cloud and are you using Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge?

I have flushed cloud and yes I am using auto cloud and BE.  But honestly this is the first time I have ever used peer banning. Maybe it would have always been delayed more than usual. 

I won't sweat it anymore and just wait for the new OS. Sounds awesome. Thanks.

• Netduma Staff
22 hours ago, Direink144 said:

I have flushed cloud and yes I am using auto cloud and BE.  But honestly this is the first time I have ever used peer banning. Maybe it would have always been delayed more than usual. 

I won't sweat it anymore and just wait for the new OS. Sounds awesome. Thanks.

Alrighty no problem. So many issues should disappear once you install DumaOS, I'm just hoping it's available soon. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :D always happy to help.