Anyone know the best way to maximise the speeds on the r1?

sabarblade

Looking for any suggestions on how to improve the max speeds of the r1, my speeds without the router and with the router are 930 down and 387 up without and with is 734 down 412 up, i do have super turbo on (not too sure why my upload is higher on the r1) 

• Administrators

Hi Blade - you're pretty much at the limit of the hardware there. On such a good connection, you might want to consider just connecting your consoles / gaming devices to the Netduma, and anything else directly into the modem. However, I can't think of any home application that would need such high bandwidth, unless you're watching 30+ 4k movies simultaneously, so you won't see any difference in 'just' having 734/412.

yeah it really seems that way, same with steam, goes from 10 ish mb/s to around 50 mb/s then back down, never gets anywhere near my actual download speeds with the duma, psn is more consistant at around 70 mb/s but yeah

EDIT: Found out my HDD in both my laptop and ps4 are limited to 73mb/s on the ps4 and 48mb/s on my laptops HDD, they were the reason i had download speed issues