Lost Internet Connection - couldn't even ping Router

Hi!

Its happened again and I'm on the latest NetDuma/Netgear Firmware.

Randomly lost internet connection and couldn't even ping Router - the PS4 was on rest mode - would that have caused it? Thought the disconnection issues were fixed.

First time its happened in ages to be fair but annoying when it happens .

Please advice Cheers

• Administrators

Hi JB - it’s possible it was the rest mode but for now, leave everything as it is and see if it happens again. It could have been anything, so I wouldn’t recommend changing a bunch of settings until you see a pattern. 

1 minute ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi JB - it’s possible it was the rest mode but for now, leave everything as it is and see if it happens again. It could have been anything, so I wouldn’t recommend changing a bunch of settings until you see a pattern. 

Yeah, I don't usually have it on Rest mode but it happened after about half an hour when it went to Rest Mode, had to power off the router completely to get it back on. I'll report back if it happens again.

• 4 months later...
  • Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, jb68 said:

Happened again the other week, router lost connection and only way to resolve was a full power reboot. ugh what causes it as the logs don't show.

It's a difficult one to pin down. Are you on the latest firmware at this point? Is this the first time it's happened in months?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

It's a difficult one to pin down. Are you on the latest firmware at this point? Is this the first time it's happened in months?

Hi, yeah on the latest firmware and I did a factory reset on this firmware. Yeah first time in ages it has happened, shame the logs don't record it to see what causes it.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi jb, do you have your router connected to an extender by any chance instead of directly connected to the wall?

Yeah it’s connected to a power extender

• Administrators

Could you try having it connected directly to the wall outlet please and see if that improves it at all. If the router isn't getting the correct voltage through the extender because it's sharing with other devices it could potentially cause issues.