Virgin upgrade

• Administrators

Hi Glenn,

As I said on Twitter, could you make sure you have set the hub to 'modem mode' (sometimes called 'bridge mode'). 

It's then worth following this guide too: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide#Speed

If it's still not working, could you answer these questions:

1. How are you testing speed? Wired or Wireless? Which website?
  2. What speed do you get connected directly to the modem?

Thanks

• Administrators

Could you factory reset please Glenn? You can do this in settings then miscellaneous. 

The wifi password will default to ‘netdumar1’ after this but you can change it back. 

• Administrators

Could you take a screenshot of your Congestion Control page please? You may need to do it in two images. Post on here and we can take a look. 

Could you also try using diffwrent Ethernet cables in case they’re faulty

• Administrators

This is an odd one, your settings look solid. Are you using PPPoE on the router by any chance? Do you have IPv6 enabled?

And you're using the same device to compare speeds on R1 vs the modem right?

We might need to arrange a 1-1 for this if we're not able to solve the problem via forum posts.

So iv been able to get my speeds sorted i read that i need to change firmware from g to j so i did that and it worked for me only thing is now when am in games on ps4 it lagging really bad like am spiking can you help me with that now lol 

• Administrators

That’s odd, there’s no real difference between the versions so something must have become corrupted which the upgrade fixed. Well done for figuring it out!

You probably just need to get your Geo-Filter settings and Congestion Control Settings fine-tuned after all those changes. Could you follow this guide please. Skip the parts you’re happy that you’ve already setup properly: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000023979-optimal-settings-guide

On 9/23/2018 at 2:53 PM, Glenn693 said:

So iv been able to get my speeds sorted i read that i need to change firmware from g to j so i did that and it worked for me only thing is now when am in games on ps4 it lagging really bad like am spiking can you help me with that now lol 

you could set a BQM here.

this will give you an idea on how your connection looks.

i'm guessing you are on a hub 3? what is the software version?