Discrepancy in ping on PUBG

So it's like partially working for PC by selecting xbox even though I'm on PC. Secondly even if I ban the server it doesn't disconnect me. For example, if I'm playing on Black Ops 3 and I ban the server mid game I will get a connection timed out but in here I stay connected. Lastly and most importantly there is a huge discrepancy in ping (see attached photo). On the geo-filter it shows around 4-10 ms but in game it shows 44 and I get spikes nearly in the 150 ms range which is a lot for my connection. I always have a smooth game in black ops 3. The server I connect to is in New Jersey area. This seems to be more around Washington DC area which is fine but I don't see how the pings can be vastly different. When the duma shows me 30-35 ms, ingame on PUBG that's when I hit around 120-150ms. I did a tracert and maybe the duma is doing a straight ping to the server while the game is routing me through multiple that are outside my geo-filter but even still if I ban it shouldn't it disconnect me?

2018-09-19 04_04_21-Window.png

• Netduma Staff

PC games working when you've selected the Xbox service is normal, and it's actually recommended that you do use the Xbox service. The service you select just dictates which ports are being used by the Geo-Filter, and the Xbox service covers the most ports for almost all games. That's why it'll work on practically anything.

For temp ban, are you using UPnP or are you using Port Forwarding? Try only using UPnP, make sure the correct device is enabled on the Geo-Filter and make sure you have Auto-Ping Host enabled (so you know for a fact you're temp-banning the correct server).

The discrepancy between the ping shown by the game itself and your ping graph is likely down to processing delay. The in-game value doesn't matter anywhere near as much as what is shown on the Ping Graph, which is your true measure of response time to the game. I hope this helps!