My Netduma gives double/triple ip adresses to devices

I couldn't reach my soundbar through my phone (Spotify connect), even though my soundbar was perfectly connected to the NetdumaR1 wifi, I tried to see if there was an update for my Soundbar, but when I tried to reach the server I got an error code (that a connection couldn't be established). I tried internet diagnostics on my soundbar and it directly said: Internet connection test passed. So I was connected and my soundbar thought the connection was fine when it obviously wasn't. I checked NetdumaR1 Device Manager and saw that my soundbar had multiple IP addresses, same for my upstairs tv. I rebooted my NetdumaR1 tv only had 1 IP after that, soundbar still got 2, I rebooted the NetdumaR1 one more time and tried to clear the soundbar from the device manager but I couldn't not even after a reboot. Later that day I tried to reboot the NetdumaR1 one more time and after that the soundbar immediately popped-up on my phone and it worked, I checked device manager and this time every device in my house only got one IP Adress. I don't know what is going on, but since I have my new NetdumaR1 I have experienced nothing but weird problems, I have had never experienced before!

The second problem I had, one day I tried to change the CC but it wasn't available so I was, hu, why? I also wanted to use a device behind VPN, but I saw the VPN wasn't working either. I went over the VPN section to check if I was still connected, but to my disbelieve the entire VPN setting page was blank there was nothing there! I went over to the miscellaneous settings and all the settings where wrong! Super Turbo Mode enabled, now I can swear I never, ever enabled that, but also deep packet processing was enabled (never used that one either), plus all the setting I did tick were all most all unticked. I went over to the Host Filtering section for some reason my home pin changed on the world map my allow en deny list was wiped and the filter distance and Ping assist changed as well. I went over to Wifi my channel changed from 6 back to 1, etc, etc. All the devices in my house that you have to manually connect to the internet like a tv or soundbar, I lost the connection to the Netdumar1 and this is probably the eight time I have to re-connect every device to my NetdumaR1 and that is a pain to a freaking remote!

I have nothing but experienced pain, recently with my Netduma. 

I suddenly lose connection on my PS4, laptop or Phone I check the Netduma and the Router page loads but extremely slow, with a warning I have to contact Netduma because the pages can't load correctly, I can browse it only take 5 minutes to load a page or it says that it can't load at all.  I can't change any setting than either because the NetdumaR1 router page just won't finish loading after a Netduma reset everything works fine again.

I also have the weird phenomenon, that everything loads super slow (trough wifi), my internet pages, or music that constantly stops, after a NetdumaR1 reset everything works fine again. And sometimes around 1.00 o clock at night when my misses comes from work and want to browse the internet for a bit we have no connection, no connection at all, she resets the Netduma nothing, she tried to put the LAN cable that runs from ISP modem to Netdumar1 in here own laptop and she directly has internet no problem. I now disabled bridge mode on my ISP modem I completely disconnected the Netdumar1 completely and I haven't had a single problem since then, everything always works, my NAS, my soundbar, my PS4 everything, now disconnects or weird settings glitches ever. 

Please help me because I am ready to completely drop the NetdumaR1 all together!

I am happy to that I at least know when something works and when it is the Netdumar1 fault or the device itself, my girlfriend just texts me through the day, Soundbar doesn't work, wifi doesn't work she try a reset, still doesn't work. Tried to re-connect soundbar to the wifi, it worked but still no music, my god what a frustration. I also receive a lot o quest through Airbnb and the only thing they complain about is that they can't connect to the freaking internet and honestly I am starting to lose it a little bit. If I use my ISP Wireless modem (80euro's) I stay connected for months, I never, ever have to reset anything!

• Netduma Staff

It sounds like you're having plenty of issues that might not all be related. First, your settings seem to have wiped. Did you factory reset the router at any point, or did you unplug the router for a long time? Any of these things could wipe the settings on the router.

I'd recommend factory resetting, then don't change any settings just yet. Does the interface load faster? Don't load a profile and don't set any Port Forwarding rules or add a device to Hyper traffic. Set everything other than these elements up as usual. Does the interface slow down at all?

You might need to set a static IP address for the soundbar using DHCP lease on the R1 - it could be creating multiple entries in the device manager due to the IP changing.

Make sure you have Cookies enabled at all times. I reckon the big solution to your issues will be DumaOS, which is a far more stable system. It's coming extremely soon now as you might've heard so we'll see if that resolves your issues.