Is it possible to change my static IP address from ISP?

Locraptor

So I need help or confirmation is it possible to change your IP address if it is static and my provider won't change it? For those that don't know I was ddos attacked by a PSN user demanding something of mine. I don't want to get into details. But some may know who's already in these forums. Skip the crap how do you know if you got ddos. ECT.... I know. I've had threats multiple of them. Then attack happens. And logs showed Jolt1 and teardrop attacks. I need to change my IP or gateway address if that's what you call it so this fool can't attack me anymore. And then I'll get a VPN. I've seen on YouTube videos that say change the Mac address on my router and restart the modem and router ECT. Do you guys know if this is only for dynamic IP? Or will it work on static IP address as well? Thanks for your time.

I'm at work right now so I can't try it until the morning.

1. Ddos has been proven.

2. I already called my provider. In fact that was the first thing I did. They said no I cannot change it. Only option they gave me was to cancel my account and reopen new account as well as getting a new modem. And yes I have one of the worst internet providers in the U.S because I'm forced to.

I simply want answers to my question. I don't want to get into long drawn out things answering questions like " How do you know you were attacked?" . And responses like call you In and ask. 

Thanks much.

Locraptor

• 2 weeks later...

For those with Netgear R700 router volt air, go to internet settings then MAC Address, check use this computers MAC, hit apply. Once it starts up again, you will have 0.0.0.0.0 ip. Unplug your modem and router. Wait 10 seconds, then plug in modem and router. It will start again with a new ip. Confirmed to work on Netgear R700, thank you very much creator.

• Administrators

While it is possible that changing the MAC address will change your public IP it would not be very different at all - i.e. itd be so close that whoever was attacking you if they were determined could guess it based on what your IP is currently and thats if it works which it may not.