Xr500 Slowing down my Internet Speed

I get a constant,150 mbs dl 12 mbs uploiad through my router hard wired on multiple speed test websites

Through  my xr500  the most I can get is 50 mbs dl upload is the same.

Thats with the sliders at 100, with nothing but the Pc using the connection?

Is there anyway to get full speed?

• Administrators

Hi Jimmy - is this test wired or wireless?

Whichever the answer, please could you follow this guide which will help you achieve full speeds:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

Wired Cable 

Just having my PC only hooked up via ethernet.

I installed all new ethernet cables to try to resolve this issue, had a line test on my coaxial passed fine, downgraded  firmware,reset the xr500,installed new coaxial cable to my modem.

Hard wired directly to my modem,I  enjoy full speeds.

I have tried every option in qos  to resolve this issue I'm just stumped.

Edit: I just reset the xr500 once again,and ran the setup wizard and the xr500 came close to my full speed in the test. But from my desktop I still receive a fraction of my speed on multiple  internet speed tests,doing a wireless  speed test on the 5ghz I noticed my speed was 25mbs faster than my hard wired desktop speed.

Could my full speed be there,nd the xr500 just bugged?

• Administrators

Hi Jimmy - thanks for the extra info. 

Do you use PPPoE to connect? If so, could you try entering the details into the modem instead of the XR500 and see if that solves the problem. 

If not, what are the exact speeds you are getting when wired and when wireless? What speeds do you get into the modem (sometime soon the % difference can give a clue to the problem). 

I also assume that when you downgraded the speeds remained low?

Finally - have you tried completely disabling QoS anti-Bufferbloat options? Are speeds still low after that?

I do not use a PPPoe to connect.

Wired through my desktop Through xr500 (55 mbs dl) Wired directly to my cable modem (120-130Mbs Dl average) Uploads are the same through every test.

Xr500 Wireless 5ghz through my android cell phone averages out to (105 mbs to 110mbs Dl )

Cat7 Wired to my XBOX 1 X I got around 115mbs download when I checked.

I have Disabled QOS with many of the tests I ran before and after to see if it changed anything.

Also I have hooked up Multiple Pcs, with different ethernet cables and still hover around 55mbs DL speed through multiple speed tests.

Edit: I have also tried using different ethernet ports on the xr500, I noticed I used to have this problem with the R1,but with a factory reset on the R1 I would regain my speed and all would be well.

• Administrators

Ok, the fact it's about 50% of your expected speeds is interesting, as is the fact that wireless seems to be working fine. Could you try these things please:

1. Set your expected speeds in Anti-Bufferbloat's options to a much higher value, something like 1000mbps
  2. Double check Share excess is enabled in Bandwidth Allocation in BOTH download and upload. You will need to toggle between the two to check as there is a separate setting for each
  3. What happens if you test wirelessly with a PC? 

Thanks