R1 issues

Hello Netduma Army,

had a struggle the whole week with my R1. First it was freezing when I was using the interface. When for example clicked on "congestion control" it took forever to load the screen. I restarted the router but no change. Then I factory reseted it and it was fixed, so far so good. My another problem is that when I play Cod WW2 on Hardcore I get connected to a server on the Eastcoast of the USA. I got my Geofilter and Strict Mode on but I still get connected there. But Im living in Austria (Vienna). After I temporary banned the server I played one match on a Europe server but the next match was again on the Eastcoast. Its really annoying that banning servers doesnt work properly. Further I want to ask you how is it possible that I now have a lower ping with 18ms ping on the german server but its still lagging and I cant play core modes? People drop me with 4-5 bullets but I cant kill anybody with 10 bullets. The Killcams showed that I dont even shooted. I have a dsl internet with 40down and 10up speed. I changed from cable to dsl and improved my connection but the game is still unplayable. Im missing all the game modes on core that I cant play on hardcore. The funny thing is that when I sometims play on the Eastcoast server Im melting, but thats only 1 game out of 10. I also made some pingplotter test, look at the images attached. Can you tell me if its any good. I pinged www.twitter.com, www.google.com and www.google.de. The best results I got on www.google.de. Yesterday I bought brand new ethernet cables cat6 doubleshielded, the best you can get, but still have jitter spikes. Im desperated. Thx in advance

Geofilter_Strictmode on.jpg

Server on the Eastcoast.jpg

Server on the Eastcoast_2.jpg

Pingplotter_Twitter_com.jpg

Pingplotter_Google_com.jpg

Pingplotter_Google_de.jpg

• Administrators

There appears to be some packet loss further along your network, so it's possible your ISP has issues.

Could you repeat the test on a bunch of other targets. For example, bbc.com, yahoo.com etc. Let's see if this packet loss is consistently happening. If it is then I recommend you send this information to your ISP and ask them to investigate,

9 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

There appears to be some packet loss further along your network, so it's possible your ISP has issues.

Could you repeat the test on a bunch of other targets. For example, bbc.com, yahoo.com etc. Let's see if this packet loss is consistently happening. If it is then I recommend you send this information to your ISP and ask them to investigate,

Hi sorry to but in, that is just a server that does not always respond to ICMP pings and is nothing to worry about.

You can tell as it does not affect the final destination.

Make sure no one is using the connection apart from the test itself, or use congestion control while you test if others must be on at the time of the test.

The line looks OK and the little jitter there maybe the server itself if the line was idle while testing.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Zennon said:

Hi sorry to but in, that is just a server that does not always respond to ICMP pings and is nothing to worry about.

You can tell as it does not affect the final destination.

Ah ok, appreciate the butt in, thanks Z!

Joe - the fact you are getting a very low ping and your line is stable probably means everything is working great. Sometimes other players in your game can cause those crazy moments if they have a bad connection.

One thing I should have said - that East Coast server was allowed through because you have a Ping Assist set to 30ms. It's probably actually in Europe, it's just mislocated. If you set Ping Assist to 0 this will no longer happen.

30 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

Ah ok, appreciate the butt in, thanks Z!

Joe - the fact you are getting a very low ping and your line is stable probably means everything is working great. Sometimes other players in your game can cause those crazy moments if they have a bad connection.

One thing I should have said - that East Coast server was allowed through because you have a Ping Assist set to 30ms. It's probably actually in Europe, it's just mislocated. If you set Ping Assist to 0 this will no longer happen.

Thx for your responses guys. Appreciate that. So you mean if I have 30ms in Ping Assist with geofilter and strictmode on it would still connect me on the eastcoast server? Im just asking myself when I watch youtube these youtubers always have these smooth gameplays with no lag and any issues. Like they have another version of a cod game lmfao.

Edited by JOE1305
I will also test with other targets like you suggested. Gonna post here again. Have anice day guys. Peace

8 minutes ago, JOE1305 said:

Thx for your responses guys. Appreciate that. So you mean if I have 30ms in Ping Assist with geofilter and strictmode on it would still connect me on the eastcoast server? Im just asking myself when I watch youtube these youtubers always have these smooth gameplays with no lag and any issues. Like they have another version of a cod game lmfao.

Ping assist is for outside your geo filter so if a game outside your filter matches or is below the threshold set.

The ping can be any range within your filter and it will be allowed.

Back when I used the geo (I do not feel the need to use it with dedicated servers games I only use it for P2P games) I would set my assist to 0 and only search within the geo or make my geo tiny and place it in the sea and use the ping assist so I only had games within the ping assist range (remembering to add about 30ms on top of my base ping)

From Austria you won't be pinging USA under 30ms so must be a mislocated server. I'm in UK and ping UK at 6ms, France/Germany 11ms and rest of Europe between 14 to 40ms. USA is 80ms+

Your ping plotter has more hops than a bunnies disco. What DNS have you set on the R1 and Console.

I would also run some dslreports to get a sense of line quality / bufferbloat. 

For your speeds are you using preemptive? Where are your CC sliders? 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

From Austria you won't be pinging USA under 30ms so must be a mislocated server. I'm in UK and ping UK at 6ms, France/Germany 11ms and rest of Europe between 14 to 40ms. USA is 80ms+

Your ping plotter has more hops than a bunnies disco. What DNS have you set on the R1 and Console.

I would also run some dslreports to get a sense of line quality / bufferbloat. 

For your speeds are you using preemptive? Where are your CC sliders? 

Hello Dan,

thx for your response. I was wondering too, how can I have 25ms ping on a Eastcoast server lol. What do you mean with the DNS set on R1 and Console? I did a lot of tests on dslreports with my CC sliders Down 80 and Up 90 all the way down to 20 and 40 where I get triple A+. Yes, Im using preemptive because I only have 40down and 10up speeds.

On the R1 in WAN there is an option for Auto or manual DNS. I would recommend 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 which are Google servers. You can benchmark software to find others if you prefer. ISP ones are not always great and may have inefficient routing tables.

On console, if you manually set up the internet connection you can force your own but I would suggest trying the ones above. 

Did you use Dslreports when the household was quiet and away from early evening when ISP will be under heavy demand. Test must be done on a wired PC to

1 minute ago, Dan said:

On the R1 in WAN there is an option for Auto or manual DNS. I would recommend 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 which are Google servers. You can benchmark software to find others if you prefer. ISP ones are not always great and may have inefficient routing tables.

On console, if you manually set up the internet connection you can force your own but I would suggest trying the ones above. 

Did you use Dslreports when the household was quiet and away from early evening when ISP will be under heavy demand. Test must be done on a wired PC to

Oh ok this is what you mean. I have on auto on both the R1 and the console. Maybe I should try with google servers. Yes, I used the Dslreports when I was alone at home and everything was connected to the R1. CC sliders at 100% and device prioritisation 100 on pc.

Worth having a play around with. Getting A+ is great on bufferbloat but not essential for line quality. Target is to get upload and download pings consistent with idle AND having the line bars (above block bars as small as possible).

Would also add on WW2, the only thing consistent about it is it's inconsistency. However, what you describe does sound like too much upload so you may benefit from bringing it down a bit

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Worth having a play around with. Getting A+ is great on bufferbloat but not essential for line quality. Target is to get upload and download pings consistent with idle AND having the line bars (above block bars as small as possible).

Would also add on WW2, the only thing consistent about it is it's inconsistency. However, what you describe does sound like too much upload so you may benefit from bringing it down a bit

thx for all the info. i get the line bars pretty close to each other. at 80 down and 90 up i got the best results and also on 80/80. do you also know what do i have to set in the device prioritisation when i found the best settings for me? Or it has no affects if its 20 up and down for the ps4 and all the other devices have 10 for example.

13 minutes ago, Dan said:

Personally I just tick Share Excess and let the R1 work it out. I have tried using Device Prioritisation but believe it adds a little bit of lag. I only use the CC sliders and use that to bring down the upload

good to know. thx

On 9/17/2018 at 12:00 PM, Dan said:

Personally I just tick Share Excess and let the R1 work it out. I have tried using Device Prioritisation but believe it adds a little bit of lag. I only use the CC sliders and use that to bring down the upload

Hello bro,

i tested all the advices you gave me yesterday. Nothing helped or changed my gaming experience. Actually it got worse. So i changed my settings like i had them before. The dns on the r1 and console made no change, it took even longer to find lobbies. I put my home location near the german server with strict mode on an geofilter off, pingassist 0 but after one match the game puts me again on a fucking server 6000km away, or in the uk or in france. I dont know why I cant just play like on the ps3. Insert the disc and play online and have fun. I didnt need bullshit devices that are expensive and dont help at all. But thanks anyway for your time

5 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Hello bro,

i tested all the advices you gave me yesterday. Nothing helped or changed my gaming experience. Actually it got worse. So i changed my settings like i had them before. The dns on the r1 and console made no change, it took even longer to find lobbies. I put my home location near the german server with strict mode on an geofilter off, pingassist 0 but after one match the game puts me again on a fucking server 6000km away, or in the uk or in france. I dont know why I cant just play like on the ps3. Insert the disc and play online and have fun. I didnt need bullshit devices that are expensive and dont help at all. But thanks anyway for your time

Hi

That server is definitely misplaced.  I have posted it in the forum for NetDuma to correct. I noticed I was connecting to it too at 15ms. I could play on it but every few games you don't stand a chance but that's WW2 for you.

Connecting and fetching profile is painful again. Turning off cloud and bleeding edge looked like they helped but now it's no different do I turned them on again. Must have been a coincidence.

Have you tried another game by chance. wW2 has always had connections issues. It has more bugs than bears poop

Agree on the PS3. Before the nuggets released the hack codes games were straight forward.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Hi

That server is definitely misplaced.  I have posted it in the forum for NetDuma to correct. I noticed I was connecting to it too at 15ms. I could play on it but every few games you don't stand a chance but that's WW2 for you.

Connecting and fetching profile is painful again. Turning off cloud and bleeding edge looked like they helped but now it's no different do I turned them on again. Must have been a coincidence.

Have you tried another game by chance. wW2 has always had connections issues. It has more bugs than bears poop

Agree on the PS3. Before the nuggets released the hack codes games were straight forward.

Hello Dan,

here is my dslreport like promised. CC sliders at 50 down and 30 up. Here I get the best results. But yesterday it was horrible. Played for 3 hours but only hardcore modes. Even there unplayable for me. I dont want to buy a new game when I dont even have fun with online gaming. Just waste of money. Before I dont get fix my line. And again I got this message while playing "There is a new update playlist available. The application must be restarted". And I couldnt connect to the online services of ww2 again. So I stopped playing.

DslReport_50down_30up.jpg

Ping to other countries.jpg

50down_30up.jpg

8 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Hello Dan,

here is my dslreport like promised. CC sliders at 50 down and 30 up. Here I get the best results. But yesterday it was horrible. Played for 3 hours but only hardcore modes. Even there unplayable for me. I dont want to buy a new game when I dont even have fun with online gaming. Just waste of money. Before I dont get fix my line. And again I got this message while playing "There is a new update playlist available. The application must be restarted". And I couldnt connect to the online services of ww2 again. So I stopped playing.

DslReport_50down_30up.jpg

Ping to other countries.jpg

50down_30up.jpg

Fair point. Shouldn't have to buy more games. Was just checking if you had any to hand. You must have PlayStation Plus but don't know if there are any games to download for free that have a multiplayer.

Results all look good to me. I have not seen that error message on WW2 so sorry I can't help.

When I first boot up the PS4 and WW2 I have the geo filter off. Just before searching for a lobby I turn the geo on. But when I struggle to find games I restart WW2 leaving the geo on.

It used to be the case when loading your profile I would connect to a Belgium server but I no longer see that happening.