Perfil ProEvolution Soccer

• Administrators
On 9/15/2018 at 12:32 AM, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

Goodnight;

Any profile recommended for PROEVOLUTION SOCCER 2019?

Thank you

Usually a Geo-Filter around 1000km - 2000km from your home is perfect. Then make sure you apply the QoS settings to eliminate congestion. Our knowledge base can help you with this:

XR500 QoS: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-step-3-

R1 QoS: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000026365-getting-started-with-congestion-control

• 2 weeks later...
  • Netduma Staff
On 9/16/2018 at 6:57 PM, Kingcomic7 said:

It would be great if you guys could make a profile for pes 2019

I'm hopeful for this as well - I reckon profiles will be expanded on in future updates. We're trying to make everything as smooth as possible, and having every popular game listed as a profile will be one way to do that! Thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see.

@Netduma Jack 

Thank you for considering PES as a future profile! Do you have some knowledge about Peer-to-Peer games? I would be interested in understanding it more. For example: On what facts is the game  deciding which player is getting the server advantage? Is it the ping? Is it better when you are not the server to meet the other player with high speed or very low congestion caps? It’s kind of a black hole for me what is happening behind the scenes. On co-op games we discovered a single server located somewhere at the east coast of the USA. 

• Administrators
18 hours ago, hellfish89 said:

@Netduma Jack 

Thank you for considering PES as a future profile! Do you have some knowledge about Peer-to-Peer games? I would be interested in understanding it more. For example: On what facts is the game  deciding which player is getting the server advantage? Is it the ping? Is it better when you are not the server to meet the other player with high speed or very low congestion caps? It’s kind of a black hole for me what is happening behind the scenes. On co-op games we discovered a single server located somewhere at the east coast of the USA. 

Hi Hellfish - it really depends on how the individual game is networked. Theoretically, the game will choose the host that provides the lowest ping to all players but it's not always as simple as this. Often the game will build up a 'host profile' for you. This will measure the average ping on the games you have hosted, as well as if there were any disconnections or drop outs.

As for the gameplay itself, you are referring to 'lag compensation'. This is how much the game decides to compensate for lag. For example, in a game like PUBG, whatever happens in your screen is usually the 'truth'. So you can often end up being shot by opponent even when you are behind a wall because on their screen they can see you. But in other games the advantage can be far more with what the host can actually see. This can often mean your shots don't register.

I recommend Googling 'Lag Compensation' if you want to learn more.

@Netduma Admin

Thank you very much for the explanation. I really appreciate that you guys care so much about our questions.

For now there is a last thing on my mind: From the discussions in the forum I have learned that

1) a good Ping is the most important factor

2) you should test the connection directly on the PS4 (even some people say it otherwise) 

3) The caps of congestion control help to find the best setting for the best ping

Now comes the big issue. There is no tool on PS4 anymore to test it. Speedtest.net has an issue and dslreport is also not working anymore (both of them have a upload issue). We could discuss now if it changed after the PS4 update 6.00 or if something changed with the R1 or it is the pages themselves. But it doesn’t help to get a tool back (even they are unprecise you could compare the results within) to test it. And without a testing tool on the PS4 we cant find the best ping again.

So apart from waiting for DumOS, do you have any advice about it? There was unfortunately no satisfying answer so far. And we @Kingcomic7 have experienced that it was exactly working like this before. Change the sliders, see the results on dslreport, change the sliders, see the results,...stick to the best result...and enjoy the game. But unfortunately this possibility is gone and I think in addition to the Geo Filter this was the best tool on the R1. 

• Administrators

Hi Hellfish - the ping test on PS4, or on Speedtest, will only ever test your ping to a nearby test server. It won't actually reflect the ping you get in game to the host of the game, which is usually a dedicated server.

This is why we have the ping graph on our Geo-Filter, because it will actually ping the host of your game. Are you using this to see your average ping in games?

We also usually recommend using PingPlotter to test the stability of your overall connection. It gives far more information that speedtest about your ping. There's a guide here if you would like to follow it: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Feel free to post your results in here and we can take a look for you to see if your line is generally stable.

Will netduma test pes 2019 as the community struggles to play online games as it peer to peer. 

If netduma had a setup for pes I'm sure people would be purchasing and investing. 

I'd love to show on twitch stream how it works so well with netduma and pes 

Regards love to hear plans 

1 hour ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Hellfish - the ping test on PS4, or on Speedtest, will only ever test your ping to a nearby test server. It won't actually reflect the ping you get in game to the host of the game, which is usually a dedicated server.

This is why we have the ping graph on our Geo-Filter, because it will actually ping the host of your game. Are you using this to see your average ping in games?

We also usually recommend using PingPlotter to test the stability of your overall connection. It gives far more information that speedtest about your ping. There's a guide here if you would like to follow it: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/23881-ping-plotter-quick-guide/

Feel free to post your results in here and we can take a look for you to see if your line is generally stable.

@Netduma Admin

I always thought the geo filter shows the Ping of my opponent. So it’s actually showing mine? If it is like you say, then I could test my ping towards a friend in the geo-filter and see if it changes e.g. using the congestion caps or other settings?

Ping during an online game:

0C2FB9A2-25B2-4550-A57B-EE9B61B44187.png

Ping without playing:

777C18B8-E20D-4BFC-9F3F-5CB62B3AA555.png

Is there something to read out of it?

• Administrators

A ping is the time it takes to send data to the host of your game and receive it back. So in a 1v1 game, your ping is measuring how good your connection is to your opponent,.

That graph is very helpful - those spikes you are seeing should not be happening. A few questions:

1. What make and model is your modem?
  2. Did you do the test wired or wirelessly?
  3. Was anything using your bandwidth intensively when you did the test?

In general the most likely cause is a fundamental line problem, for which you should contact your ISP to help you fix. But let us know the answer to those three questions above and we can recommend next steps.

Thanks again.

1) My Router is a Fritzbox 7430. I ordered a newer one just incase it’s too old.

2) I tested it wired but connected to a powerline because it’s not possible to put the cable directly into the R1 on the ground floor.

3) There are so many other advices in this house which could get suddenly online. 3 IPads, 2 Xboxes, Iphones, Television with Internet. So yes, most likely somebody was watching YouTube or Netflix. But no  execessive downloading. 

• Administrators

Thanks. If you're confident nothing excessive was using your line, I would get this data over to your ISP and ask them to look at your line as there could be a problem there.

Let us know what they say!

El 3/10/2018 a las 7:07, Kingcomic7 dijo:

Estoy dispuesto a comprar el juego de pesaje 2019 para ti solo para que podamos probarlo y acelerarlo. 

Saludos 

Hola amigo soy de Colombia alguna configuración que me recomiendes? tardo horas y las horas buscando juegos y lo que menos quiero es extender el geo filtro porque me después encuentro con los brasileños y esos son muy lagger.

saludos mi id es BERNAH2O de PS4

Anyone an idea what Kind of host that could be? It shows up everytime you start the game. Domainname is eusercontent.com. This is a Website where you can purchase domain names for thousands of dollars. Does this make any sense or is it just advertisement?

IMG_0181.PNG

On 10/8/2018 at 6:00 AM, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

Hola amigo soy de Colombia alguna configuración que me recomiendes? tardo horas y las horas buscando juegos y lo que menos quiero es extender el geo filtro porque me después encuentro con los brasileños y esos son muy lagger.

saludos mi id es BERNAH2O de PS4

¿Cuántos jugadores hay en Colombia? Mi círculo tiene un máximo de 800 km, pero probablemente Alemania sea más pequeña que tu país.

• Administrators

I could be wrong, but it's probably used by the game to serve either some important boot up process, or an advert/service of some kind that the game uses for example, checking if there is any DLC for the game.

Either way, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. It won't affect the performance of the game or the Geo-Filter!

@Netduma Admin

Do you have any idea why those connection losses happen several times a day? It’s no R1 problem but very annoying when happening during a game. Maybe a line interruption for a part of a second? Must be a very short moment because you don’t realize while using the internet on the iPhone or IPad or computer.

B2437FBF-2C46-482E-9B81-08C811CB5E5F.jpeg