DMZ on Smart Hub

23 minutes ago, S_Tron81 said:

still making progress

the geo filter is working now 🙌

i just need to get a nat type 2/open nat as its currently moderate 

there must be a thread on here that can help

Since you're now able to access the GUI, check your WAN IP on the device manager page on the R1. I'd imagine it'll end in 64 but it's best to double check. Then you can manually enter the IP in the DMZ section of the Smart Hub GUI even though the R1 likely won't show up as a device. Mine did that for the last six months or so that I used it. When that's done you should just be able to enable UPnP on the R1 and you're good to go after restarting the game/console. 

Don't forget to disable UPnP on the Smart Hub too of course 😄

• Administrators
1 hour ago, S_Tron81 said:

still making progress

the geo filter is working now 🙌

i just need to get a nat type 2/open nat as its currently moderate 

there must be a thread on here that can help

Great to hear it’s working! Here’s a guide: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000022359-how-do-i-open-my-nat-

hi all

final update, it is all 'working' as it should now

i still have a terrible online experience/connection but the duma has never managed to fix that 

i will give it a couple of weeks to see if it settles down , if not it will be going back in its box again

thanks for the help, it was much appreciated 

1 hour ago, S_Tron81 said:

hi all

final update, it is all 'working' as it should now

i still have a terrible online experience/connection but the duma has never managed to fix that 

i will give it a couple of weeks to see if it settles down , if not it will be going back in its box again

thanks for the help, it was much appreciated 

Glad to hear it mate. I hate little problems like that, making no sense so you don't really know how to look for a solution 😂

Tbf my gaming experience is shite 6ms away from the UK server on recent CoDs. I'd say 0.5-1% of games give me those fast hitmarkers and smooth, in sync gameplay that you'd expect on such a connection. Otherwise I'm a "deer in headlights" against the equivalent of recruit bots who also happen to be windmilling or dropping packets. Still haven't figured it out and, after the headache I got tonight, apparently I never will ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Netduma Staff

I reckon Black Ops 4 will be more stable. They've had a good 3 years to work on it and I reckon most of that time went into network solutions in preparation for Battle Royale. It definitely plays better than WWII that's for sure.

Hold on to your R1 for now - DumaOS will allow you to ban dedicated servers outright, which should help. We'll be working on other awesome features once it's available, so hopefully DumaOS and Black Ops 4 will be a killer combo!