XR 500 wired Disconnections

Hi All,

I am having problems with wired connections with my XR 500 which until recently I have never had before.

My Xbox One X everyday or two loses connection from the Xr500 and the ip address and dns servers change to my asus.

I had the same problem with my netgear d6300 so i changed to the asus and the problem still continues.

My Asus is connected from the ethernet port into the yellow internet port on the Xr500. I have never had a problem with the connection  always worked perfect like this until recently.

I also noticed that when the xbox loses the xr500 ip address and dns server it says its offline on the xr500 but the xbox is still online but with an ip and dns address of the asus.

If i reboot the xr500 then the xbox the xbox gets ip address from the Xr500 and dns again just sick of constantly rebooting every second day.

Appreciate any help and support and hopefully a fix for this its driving me crazy.

I have also reset the asus and xr500 numerous times and reset them up again and problem still occurs time after time.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

Hi Fraser,

I'm on the latest firmware 2.3.2.32   

Which is the latest this problem only started occurring recently last couple of weeks, prior to that everything was working awesome.

I haven't tried  turning off instant on yet, spoke to a mate and he recommended using the DCHP in XR500 and static IP the xbox's so I have done that and waiting to see if that works.

Kind Regards,
Rob

2 minutes ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi Fraser,

I'm on the latest firmware 2.3.2.32   

Which is the latest this problem only started occurring recently last couple of weeks, prior to that everything was working awesome.

I haven't tried  turning off instant on yet, spoke to a mate and he recommended using the DCHP in XR500 and static IP the xbox's so I have done that and waiting to see if that works.

Kind Regards,
Rob

When you say "Asus" is that a router or a modem/router and what model. is "everything" connected and running through the XR500 or do you have devices running through your asus also. 

Hi Big Dog,

It's an Asus DSL-AC68U which is a modem router I have the asus plaugged into the Xr500 then everything connects through the XR500 for the internet.

I have also DMZ the XR500 in my Asus as well.

Kind Regards,

Rob.

3 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

agh ok, sweet, I have that model also. Make sure you have UPnP disabled on the asus if you use it and have it enabled on the XR500. Also disable "always on" setting for the xbox. What country are you in and your isp please?

Hi Big Dog,

Thanks for your help mate I’m in Australia and my isp is Dodo. I turned the upnp of in the Asus and it was still doing it so I reenbaled it.

will turn off again and turn instant on off and see how that goes. Thanks again for all your help it’s greatky appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Rob

4 hours ago, DOGGAVELI said:

Hi Big Dog,

Thanks for your help mate I’m in Australia and my isp is Dodo. I turned the upnp of in the Asus and it was still doing it so I reenbaled it.

will turn off again and turn instant on off and see how that goes. Thanks again for all your help it’s greatky appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Rob

does it do this with just the asus you said? Have you checked your dsl log under system tab to see if it is resyncing with your isp network to rule out a line fault? It will tell you how long your connection has been active for! The dsl active uptime is different from your router up time.

EXAMPLE >>>>>>>>> you loose connection again make a note of the exact time if it occurs while you are there. Then, go to your system log in asus and go to dsl and let's say it happend 1hr 42 mins ago if you have a dsl line issue your dsl log should say uptime 1hr 42 mins which will mean you lost isp connection and is probably a line fault or maybe a faulty asus dsl ac68u or even it is not quite configured correctly for your isp causing connection drops and resyncing!  

I personally think you have a line fault as I also just checked and you had a netgear modem also which it did it too. If i am correct in my thinking your dsl uptime log will prove it. Therefore it is an issue for your isp/phone company to fix for you.

Sorry for late response but I have been in meetings all afternoon here in the UK.

9 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

does it do this with just the asus you said? Have you checked your dsl log under system tab to see if it is resyncing with your isp network to rule out a line fault? It will tell you how long your connection has been active for! The dsl active uptime is different from your router up time.

EXAMPLE >>>>>>>>> you loose connection again make a note of the exact time if it occurs while you are there. Then, go to your system log in asus and go to dsl and let's say it happend 1hr 42 mins ago if you have a dsl line issue your dsl log should say uptime 1hr 42 mins which will mean you lost isp connection and is probably a line fault or maybe a faulty asus dsl ac68u or even it is not quite configured correctly for your isp causing connection drops and resyncing!  

I personally think you have a line fault as I also just checked and you had a netgear modem also which it did it too. If i am correct in my thinking your dsl uptime log will prove it. Therefore it is an issue for your isp/phone company to fix for you.

Sorry for late response but I have been in meetings all afternoon here in the UK.

Hi Big Dog,

I checked my sync in the modem and its been up for 1 day and 17 hours which was the last time i reset all my devices.

I have disabled instant on and will see if that works, and I have also turned off UPNP in the asus as well.

I will see how that goes.

Kind Regards,

Rob.