Bug Report

Hello, I hope the information I provide here is useful to you.

I recently got an XR500, it works mostly great but if I connect my PS4 to it I get constantly dropped from PSN parties and my clan-mates don't appreciate that :)

I tried everything I could to fix it, put it on DMZ, enable uPnP, manual port opening, etc. but nothing worked. I did get a bit of stability when I reset back to factory as a test but I'm not sure if coincidence.

But something happened that I thought might help you find the problem, while doing one of my tests I noticed my PC had used uPnP to open port 3074 ... but my PC has uPnP disabled! So something buggy with uPnP maybe?

For now I have to use my old R1 for PS4 because I can't fix this problem. In fact I'm worried about DumaOS coming to R1 and introducing this issue to it.

Edit: I should note that I used the uPnP page in the X500 under Settings -> Advanced to note the open port by Windows 10 PC.

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! I reckon this could be a configuration issue - if this was a bug with the XR500 we'd know since thousands of people are using it, and I doubt they'd put up with a bug like that!

Lets try a couple of things and get to the bottom of it.

- If you disable the Geo-Filter, does the issue still happen?

- Have you added your friends to the allow list?

- Are you always the host of the party? (You need to be)

- Do you have an open NAT on your console and in-game?

- Which firmware version are you on?

Let me know the answers to the above and we'll advise you from there. Thanks!

Hi Netduma Jack! Thank you for your response.

You did not comment on my uPnP observation so I'm guessing that's not important. I'm not sure that people not posting issues here indicates that there aren't bugs, I normally would be too lazy to make a new account for this but I already had one made for a separate reason.

In short, yes. But when I did a factory reset, I left geo-filter off and became much more stable, only getting drops every 2-3 days.

No, I have too many friends -- I already told the XR500 that I am using the Playstation Network my expectation is that it will handle PSN on its own.

No of course not. It would be terribly inconvenient to tell people to dissolve their party so I can play with them. If this is a requirement is should be made very clear to customer before purchase I believe.

I am not sure what you mean. My PlayStation reports a Type-2 NAT. CoD BO3 reports "Open NAT".

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Pwncahontas said:

Hi Netduma Jack! Thank you for your response.

You did not comment on my uPnP observation so I'm guessing that's not important. I'm not sure that people not posting issues here indicates that there aren't bugs, I normally would be too lazy to make a new account for this but I already had one made for a separate reason.

In short, yes. But when I did a factory reset, I left geo-filter off and became much more stable, only getting drops every 2-3 days.

No, I have too many friends -- I already told the XR500 that I am using the Playstation Network my expectation is that it will handle PSN on its own.

No of course not. It would be terribly inconvenient to tell people to dissolve their party so I can play with them. If this is a requirement is should be made very clear to customer before purchase I believe.

I am not sure what you mean. My PlayStation reports a Type-2 NAT. CoD BO3 reports "Open NAT".

It will filter everything on that console including party chat thats why adding friends is needed. Once you've added them all thats it you dont need to do it again - unless their IP changes.

If you're not hosting the party then put the filter in spectating mode to prevent kicks.

Theres a more recent firmware, I'd suggest upgrading to that as well.

Hello Fraser!

I'm in a clan so large that we had to make multiple clans because of Destiny 2 clan size limitations. I am not willing to add them all to the allow list -- the Netduma R1 works perfectly fine without having to do this and the problem still happens anyway with  geo-filtering turned off, only more rarely.

If you bring DumaOS to R1 I will try it but only if there is a way to revert back just in case :)

EDIT:

I wanted to clarify what I mean by R1 works perfectly ... I can use PSN features AND the Host Filtering feature enabled on the R1 at the same time without issues.

Yes Destiny profile was set. By the way can you please explain, or point me to the direction on, where I can learn more about Strict mode? I leave it on for my R1 and everything still works.

Important detail I forgot to mention before:

When using the XR500, I can join a party, and people can join my party, all features are fully functional, voice, join session, etc. But sometime AFTER the party is created -- seconds, minutes or even hours after, I get removed from the party and PSN claims "Network Error".

I came to the conclusion that the XR500 is causing this because it is the only variable between everything working perfectly and not.

• Administrators

Strict mode basically allows dedicated servers from outside the radius but blocks players from outside the radius. That could be strict mode on causing that so would definitely keep it disabled. Can also try toggling SIP ALG in WAN Setup

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Pwncahontas said:

Thanks Fraser. I assume we want Sip Alg disabled? I can't remember what the default is.

The explanation of Strict makes a lot of sense and will keep that off on my R1 from now on.

Whatever it's not on at the moment yes which I think is to disable it