VPN Users Required

• Administrators

EDIT: Closed beta testing of Hybrid VPN is now underway! Everyone who posted in this thread that owns an R1 will soon receive a private message with the upgrade firmware.

If you own an R1 and would like to help us test Hybrid VPN, please post in this thread.

XR500 & XR700 users - please also post in this thread if you are keen to test Hybrid VPN. NETGEAR may want to take a similar approach as we are doing with the R1 so building a list of willing testers could be very helpful.

R1 Testers who have been messaged:

1. PharmDawgg
  2. kaos29205
  3. Nuyorrican
  4. LegionGaming
  5. kennyp
  6. fakkel
  7. Trayday
  8. designiconline
  9. DanUK86
  10. Od1n
  11. Macusa69
  12. Korppi
  13. Raikun
  14. mag1c64
  15. Netzilla
  16. Chriswc

@rustynailz  @wrathoftank  @Ven  @Madman @wastedcash @kboogie @Dik- please could you sign up to the R1 beta if you would like to test. We cannot send the firmware to anyone who has not already signed up: https://netduma.com/r1-dumaos/

• Administrators

Great thanks everyone for volunteering. Either DumaOS will be released first and then we'll get you a special build for VPN Hybrid testing or we will get you testing before DumaOS is released depending on timing.

However, we will still need your details for a beta agreement so please fill in this form: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpjeXWzSh6WcdDKSIEdes0jexM59SBGiEWNRLY0l3UjW6MyA/viewform 

Despite what the form says it may take us longer than 24-48 hours to send these over.

Thanks, I wouldn't mind the firmware with hybrid VPN at a later date.

• Do you use the VPN Hybrid feature on the original R1 firmware?

Yes I been using VPN for my devices especially on my amazon firesticks and chromecast

• What VPN Provider do you use?

I have been using SigaVPN

• Administrators
20 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

It may be a good idea to release R1OS and then test the hybrid VPN as there's already rumblings of this being seen as a further setback in the release. Just saying as I am starting to see 1 or 2 posts starting to emerge!

19 hours ago, PharmDawgg said:

I'm with Big_Dog.  Go ahead and get the community a stable release and continue to do testing behind the scene with any other features. 

That's very likely to be the case 

On 9/11/2018 at 2:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi all, soon we will be releasing DumaOS for the R1. However, we require people who actively use a VPN to test our VPN Hybrid R-App for the R1. Please post here if you actively use a VPN and are willing to test this feature for us.

If you do not use a VPN please do not post here.

In your post please include the answers to the following questions:

• Do you use the VPN Hybrid feature on the original R1 firmware?
  • What VPN Provider do you use?

Ive started using a VPN on my R1 recently if i can be of any help?

I use TORGUARD VPN

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if a repost is needed since the new topic in the open beta is pretty new

r1 dumaos is installed

On 9/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, Od1n said:

I use NordVPN, if theres still demand for testing pre or post DumaOS release let me know