Update 2.3.2.32 Is Broken

Decided to randomly check this morning for update via Administration > Firmware Update and allowed router to update itself.

Fast forward to the end of the process while router was rebooting to apply changes and DumaOS informs me that my credentials have been lost (or something along those lines) and that I needed to input my routers serial number. Thinking it was just a bug I refreshed the page, entered my credentials as usual and was able to access the dashboard.

But, internet no longer worked. I was able to navigate the dashboard, but anything outside of DumaOS was inaccessible.

My solution was to factory reset.

After factory resetting, the router took an unbelievably long time detecting that I had an internet connection. Once the process was complete (I decided to allow Netgear to set settings), I allowed it to perform a speedtest - the numbers of course where under my actual numbers. I've got a 1Gbps Up/Down connection, DumaOS speed test pulled like 650 Mbps down and 590 Mbps Up.. Well problem? After doing an actual speedtest I'm only getting 56 Mbps Down and 278 Mbps Up.

Something in the QOS was IMO stopping it from reaching full speeds, so after disabling QOS I get the same exact results.

Direct connection and previous router version work perfectly fine and are reading 947 Mbps Down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 9/11 @ 7:11 AM

Did another factory reset, same results. QOS disabled.. Max Download @ 76 Mbps.. Reverting back to previous firmware.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: 9/11 @ 7:18 AM

Successfully reverted back to 2.3.2.22, speed test results are back to normal... 2.3.2.32 is broken and I don't recommend any to download it.

• Netduma Staff

Hi Netrix - I would highly recommend sending these details to Netgear support (you could use this forum: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/bd-p/en-home-nighthawk-pro-gaming-routers, or you could make an account and use the provided phone number to do this).

Netgear work with the credentials and upgrade settings, since the entire settings suite was created by them and their team. We unfortunately can't fix it ourselves, though we are going to make Netgear aware of this and work with them on a fix.

Thank you for raising this issue - we can now work on the solution :)

I can confirm OP’s issues with the latest firmware since I’m also experiencing the same problems.

I completely lost internet access after the upgrade and had to perform a full factory reset on the router to get it back. Now, my download speeds are also cut in more than half, while strangely the upload is unaffected.

How does one perform a firmware downgrade? I want to bring it back so that I can get the correct internet speeds. I’ve only had this router for  about a month and it really feels like a beta test. I’ll give it one more chance to redeem itself at the next firmware update to see if the issues are all resolved, otherwise it’s getting exchanged for something else. It’s got good features but the execution is terrible and not worth the retail price and my time spent troubleshooting the buggy DumaOS.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, OlegP said:

I can confirm OP’s issues with the latest firmware since I’m also experiencing the same problems.

I completely lost internet access after the upgrade and had to perform a full factory reset on the router to get it back. Now, my download speeds are also cut in more than half, while strangely the upload is unaffected.

How does one perform a firmware downgrade? I want to bring it back so that I can get the correct internet speeds. I’ve only had this router for  about a month and it really feels like a beta test. I’ll give it one more chance to redeem itself at the next firmware update to see if the issues are all resolved, otherwise it’s getting exchanged for something else. It’s got good features but the execution is terrible and not worth the retail price and my time spent troubleshooting the buggy DumaOS.

Hi Oleg - as others have said in the main upgrade thread, a factory reset is sometimes required after upgrading a Nighthawk. 

If you are now seeing reduced speeds, it could be a QoS problem. The easiest way to check this is to disable QoS. Go to QoS, and then in Anti-Bufferbloat click on the options in the top left corner of the panel. Then disabled QoS (and click Proceed at the warning message). Now rerun your speedtest and see if speeds return to normal. If they do, please follow this guide as you have an incorrect setting: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-step-3-

If they don't then the issue is not software related. A good first question to ask is are 'are you testing wired or wirelessly'? Wireless tests can give varied results. This guide will help you: 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Oleg - as others have said in the main upgrade thread, a factory reset is sometimes required after upgrading a Nighthawk. 

If you are now seeing reduced speeds, it could be a QoS problem. The easiest way to check this is to disable QoS. Go to QoS, and then in Anti-Bufferbloat click on the options in the top left corner of the panel. Then disabled QoS (and click Proceed at the warning message). Now rerun your speedtest and see if speeds return to normal. If they do, please follow this guide as you have an incorrect setting: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos-step-3-

If they don't then the issue is not software related. A good first question to ask is are 'are you testing wired or wirelessly'? Wireless tests can give varied results. This guide will help you: 

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-speeds

I’ve tried doing the speed test with both QOS disabled and enabled. I get same results on both. Btw, I am hard wired to the router and not on WIFI when testing the speeds.

• Administrators
20 hours ago, OlegP said:

I’ve tried doing the speed test with both QOS disabled and enabled. I get same results on both. Btw, I am hard wired to the router and not on WIFI when testing the speeds.

Because you're spread across three threads I've consolidated most of them into the topic you started. I will lock this thread now for tidiness.