DSL reports is not accurate

Fabiolinks

Really It doesn´t represent your real gameplay scenario and its ping spikes.

Having a high bufferbloat in this site test doesn´t mean that your are missing shots. 

I was with A+ in DSL reports and still could win a gunfight head to head in WW2.

I just throtled my internet back and had several great games hitmarkers on point. DSL reports was showing bufferbloat test an F. That doesnt make sense

I did more tests and came to conclusion there is no relation with the lag in game and DSL reports ping and jitter test.

Thats one of the reasons I did not buy the NETDUMA yet, there are a lot of people tweaking their routers and using things like DSL reports as a parameter and doing other things that have absolute nothing to do with ping and lag. Then they came and share their "settings" here.

I really don´t know why I don´t get consistent game in call of duty. I´m not talking about doing bad in game, because I had games that I was outplayed and still had fun.  My problem is lag, today I was having terrible games, missing all my shots. I just unpluged the ethernet cable and dropped 5 amazing games in a row. after that the lag was just back. Doesn´t matter looks like everything is a temporary fix, I really wanted just the best connection I can get but I has been hard. 

Does anybody have a suggestion for me ??

On 9/11/2018 at 3:00 AM, Fabiolinks said:

Really It doesn´t represent your real gameplay scenario and its ping spikes.

Having a high bufferbloat in this site test doesn´t mean that your are missing shots. 

I was with A+ in DSL reports and still could win a gunfight head to head in WW2.

I just throtled my internet back and had several great games hitmarkers on point. DSL reports was showing bufferbloat test an F. That doesnt make sense

I did more tests and came to conclusion there is no relation with the lag in game and DSL reports ping and jitter test.

Thats one of the reasons I did not buy the NETDUMA yet, there are a lot of people tweaking their routers and using things like DSL reports as a parameter and doing other things that have absolute nothing to do with ping and lag. Then they came and share their "settings" here.

I really don´t know why I don´t get consistent game in call of duty. I´m not talking about doing bad in game, because I had games that I was outplayed and still had fun.  My problem is lag, today I was having terrible games, missing all my shots. I just unpluged the ethernet cable and dropped 5 amazing games in a row. after that the lag was just back. Doesn´t matter looks like everything is a temporary fix, I really wanted just the best connection I can get but I has been hard. 

Does anybody have a suggestion for me ??

i know what you mean bro. since i changed my isp from cable to dsl i improved my ping but still dont see any difference in the gameplay. there is still lag. even though i have a triple A+ on dsl reports when i play core modes i lagging the shit out of me. because other people in the lobby play with a wifi connection and fuck up the whole lobby. i tried it myself over wifi. its ridicolous that you can even kill people with a bad connection like this. the only thing is, like you said, to tweak you internet speed because the netcoding in cod games is awfull.

5 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

i know what you mean bro. since i changed my isp from cable to dsl i improved my ping but still dont see any difference in the gameplay. there is still lag. even though i have a triple A+ on dsl reports when i play core modes i lagging the shit out of me. because other people in the lobby play with a wifi connection and fuck up the whole lobby. i tried it myself over wifi. its ridicolous that you can even kill people with a bad connection like this. the only thing is, like you said, to tweak you internet speed because the netcoding in cod games is awfull.

Yeah sorry for my english.

I want to buy the Netduma, but like I said, I don´t know if it will make that much difference. I was more interested in the anti flood thing than the Geo Filter...but again, there is a lot of evidence of people like me who bought and didn´t stop tweaking their routers since,  without a permanent "fix", and got frustated

• Netduma Staff

Hi - welcome to the forum! Let me clarify a few things here that could help.

The Netduma is built to give you full control over all aspects of networking which affect gameplay. You made a fair point, which is that there are plenty of people here on the forum who experiment with new settings every day and never get the results they want. That's because of a few factors which are out of the Netduma's control:

- If the connection of the opposing player is terrible, then your hit detection when shooting that player will be terrible due to lag compensation

- If your line quality is bad, meaning you experience Ping Spikes / Jitter / Packet Loss, then no router can fix that issue. Replacing your modem, Ethernet cables or getting your ISP to take action are the only solutions to a bad line.

- If your base ping is high (which is the ping from your ISP to your home address) then this will cause more lag in-game, and is also beyond the reach of all routers.

So, taking these three points into consideration, many people get frustrated fiddling with bufferbloat and other elements and trying to control the uncontrollable. In reality, steps usually need to be taken to improve your line quality before you can truly start getting a great connection.

That being said, the Netduma does allow you to control the most important elements of your online gaming: Distance to the server and local congestion. If you set DSLreports aside (as it doesn't give you a reading as accurately as Pingplotter) you'll find that Anti-flood works a treat in stabilising your connection. Depending on what game you're playing, the Geo-Filter will secure you the best connection possible.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them :) I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2018 at 2:19 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hi - welcome to the forum! Let me clarify a few things here that could help.

The Netduma is built to give you full control over all aspects of networking which affect gameplay. You made a fair point, which is that there are plenty of people here on the forum who experiment with new settings every day and never get the results they want. That's because of a few factors which are out of the Netduma's control:

- If the connection of the opposing player is terrible, then your hit detection when shooting that player will be terrible due to lag compensation

- If your line quality is bad, meaning you experience Ping Spikes / Jitter / Packet Loss, then no router can fix that issue. Replacing your modem, Ethernet cables or getting your ISP to take action are the only solutions to a bad line.

- If your base ping is high (which is the ping from your ISP to your home address) then this will cause more lag in-game, and is also beyond the reach of all routers.

So, taking these three points into consideration, many people get frustrated fiddling with bufferbloat and other elements and trying to control the uncontrollable. In reality, steps usually need to be taken to improve your line quality before you can truly start getting a great connection.

That being said, the Netduma does allow you to control the most important elements of your online gaming: Distance to the server and local congestion. If you set DSLreports aside (as it doesn't give you a reading as accurately as Pingplotter) you'll find that Anti-flood works a treat in stabilising your connection. Depending on what game you're playing, the Geo-Filter will secure you the best connection possible.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer them :) I hope this helps!

Can you use pingplotter through ps4? or is that a PC thing

• Netduma Staff

It's a PC test, but it will give you an accurate measure of your connection to your consoles. I wouldn't ever run a test on a console since they lack the browser software necessary to give you an accurate result.

Also to check for accuracy, you should be testing with a wired PC to the modem, then with the router in line. Again the site is for using a PC, not a game console.

Please review the MORE section of the speedtest page for additional information regarding there test site.

bonjour à tous, 239258383_graphicpingplotter.thumb.PNG.85c3a72ace21085d5a05a36b843061c7.PNG

laisser tomber dsl report c'est de la merde !

pour prouver que le dumaos xr500 fais son travail , je vous fais part du test de pingplotter que j'ai effectuer sur les serveurs google et twitter.

constaté par vous même...

en ayant cherché je suis dans le futur avec ce routeur mdr