Sign in to follow this  
BKxLounge

constant issues with QoS not working

running 1.03.6j
No matter what I set in the QoS my ps4 lags and i continuously get high ping, also if i adjust the QoS for more to be dedicated to my computer nothing changes as shown in network monitor. Also having issues blocking dedicated servers, when i do so i am then never able to connect to a game again. this happens in both CoD and Fortnite and Rainbow six seige. Also I have to manually enter the ports to open for Rainbow six seige.
Available any time during the week, except for tuesday

Hi BK - please don't post in the 1 on 1 section unless asked to by a member of the tech support team. These types of issues can be fixed through conventional support.

The ability to block dedicated servers should be used at your own risk - if you can't connect to a game after blocking a dedicated server, you simply need to unblock it. That feature should be used in specific circumstances, and if any issues occur then you must unblock them. The NAT reading for R6 could be false - do you struggle to find games in R6 when you've unblocked the required dedicated servers? If nothing has changed with your connection in Rainbow Six then you'll actually have an open NAT - it's just falsely displayed.

If your PS4 is lagging no matter what then there's likely a line problem. Run a pingplotter test with the XR500 disconnected (if you're on the XR500, if not the R1). This will show you your line quality in-depth.

I was told by Fraser on twitter to post in the 1 on 1.... My question is why bother setting a ping limiter if im still going to connect to services with pings well over 100ms? Also this happens to all games, CoD, R6, Fortnite, H1Z1, no matter what game I am playing i get high ping with no control. Also with the use of QoS, no matter what settings, percentage, reactive/ preemptive, share excess on/off, reducing the amount used on all other devices in the home to 0 and Hyper traffic my console is constantly being throttled and gets lower speeds which is shown in the network monitor graph. This has been happening since the day I got the R1 and i already reached out for help, and nothing got fixed but I was told to get better internet, even though before purchasing the device i specifically asked if it worked well with the internet speeds i was getting and was assured by both yourself and Fraser that yes the R1 and the QoS is excellent for lower internet speeds.

13 hours ago, BKxLounge said:

I was told by Fraser on twitter to post in the 1 on 1.... My question is why bother setting a ping limiter if im still going to connect to services with pings well over 100ms? Also this happens to all games, CoD, R6, Fortnite, H1Z1, no matter what game I am playing i get high ping with no control. Also with the use of QoS, no matter what settings, percentage, reactive/ preemptive, share excess on/off, reducing the amount used on all other devices in the home to 0 and Hyper traffic my console is constantly being throttled and gets lower speeds which is shown in the network monitor graph. This has been happening since the day I got the R1 and i already reached out for help, and nothing got fixed but I was told to get better internet, even though before purchasing the device i specifically asked if it worked well with the internet speeds i was getting and was assured by both yourself and Fraser that yes the R1 and the QoS is excellent for lower internet speeds.

The R1 is excellent for low speed connections - your issues with your ping have nothing to do with your speeds. Games use <0.5ms bandwidth, so as long as Anti-Flood is set to 70/70 and you've reset distribution you should be fine on that front.

You say you're getting pings of over 100ms every time you play a game. This indicates that these are the best connections available in your area - what country are you in?

The aim of the Geo-Filter is to get you the best ping possible for your area, and it's the only feature in the world that can actually do that. If the game is badly supported for your area though, there's nothing anything can do. It's up to the game developers to improve their support for your area.

Your high ping can also be down to your line. Run a pingplotter test on a wired PC and you'll probably see that you have a high base ping. Screenshot the results and send them here.