Ping spikes and puma 6 chip test on dslreport

Hey I have a problem. My setup is modem—>netduma R1–>Asus ROG RTAc-5300(accesspoint). My first problem is I was noticing high ping spikes and jitter while gaming so I ran some test on my modem . While running these test I connected a cat 6 Ethernet cable directly to my Arris sb6183 modem to my PC. My internet provider is Xfinity. My speed package is 250 download and 20 upload but with my equipment I get faster. My problem isn’t I’m not getting my speed but I’m getting random ping spikes and latency. I stream a lot but latency and jitter really don’t affect streaming movies but it affects gaming. So I only notice it when gaming. Okay but back to the modem test. I ran a puma 6 test on my modem(arris sb6183) to see if it was going bad and these test came back all red with few green boxes. So I thought maybe the modem is bad cus I’ve had it for a while. So I decided to contact xfinity to get one of their xb6 DOCSIS 3.1 modems and sure enough I ran the same exact test and I had the same results as the arris sb6183. And if I’m not mistaken I think neither one of these modems have the puma 6 chip. I think the arris is a broadband chipset and the xb6 uses  a puma 7 . So I found this strange. So I looked on forums and decided to purchase a brand new Netgear cm600 and sure enough again I got the same bad results as the previous two modems. So it made me get to thinking maybe it’s not the modems but it’s something wrong with my line or node in my neighborhood. But I’m not having speed issues. I’m just having latency issues and jitter . So I dug a little deeper and took pics of my modem settings and I did a PingPlotterpro test with my netduma without qos on and with qos on. I really don’t know how to read the PingPlotter test so I would appreciate it if someone could help me.During both test I saturated my home network. And during the test with Qos on I had the upload and download set to 70%. I was streaming Netflix on one tv, 1080p YouTube video on one iPhone, and two iptv streaming services on two TVs. i did both test for 10 mins a piece. My setup during this test is Netgear cm600>Netduma r1>Asus ROG rapture Rtac-5300. And I have a xfinity tech coming today but I want to know what to tell him once he come

Modem specsCA75BDAC-2A48-49D0-9459-51FEE8CF71BC.jpeg

92D6A6B2-F513-4F66-9BD7-A4FBDB5643E8.jpeg

With no qos on and network saturated

215988CB-5047-444F-978A-29AEEA8FEBFD.jpeg

B61CB67E-3743-4096-8FBF-5A996FB2E10C.jpeg

With qos on and set to 70% and network saturated.

F38526A1-B027-4404-8AB1-9F2C7CA0C7C0.jpeg

8E07A620-32EE-4933-9838-42E342A46D48.jpeg

• Netduma Staff

Your line is quite unstable - you've got probably 10ms spikes or more and a bit of jitter going on. That's why you should try to ascertain whether it's your modem, cables or ISP line that are the cause.

I'd highly recommend the guide above to try to narrow down the cause :)