Jump to content
duds007

Error in Add Device on Traffic Priorization, new firmware V2.3.2.32

Recommended Posts

I updated to new firmware 2.3.2.32 on XR500 and did a factory reset.

Now I can't add a device in advance mode in traffic priorization, when I fill the form in advance mode selector and click done, I received the following error;

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'len' ?: in function '?' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:50> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ?

 

I have tried different ports number and devices and all give this error message in this firmware.

Any suggestion or fix?

Thanks!

 

DUMAOS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, duds007 said:

I updated to new firmware 2.3.2.32 on XR500 and did a factory reset.

Now I can't add a device in advance mode in traffic priorization, when I fill the form in advance mode selector and click done, I received the following error;

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil) -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'len' ?: in function '?' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:50> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:324> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:290> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:345> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:261> (tail call): ? /dumaos/api/cli.lua:48: in function </dumaos/api/cli.lua:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /dumaos/api/cli.lua:59: in main chunk [C]: ?

 

I have tried different ports number and devices and all give this error message in this firmware.

Any suggestion or fix?

Thanks!

 

DUMAOS.jpg

Have you tried closing your browser, clearing the cache? Also powering the router down for a few minutes and back up may be worth a shot if the cache clear does not work. Can I ask what device you are trying to add? I had a bug with the built in speed test it set my upload as 16.26424 Mbps, I had to reload the firmware again then all was buttery smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried all yours suggestions and still same error, also I tried flash to a previous version of the firmware and flash to new one and again still the same error.

I was trying to add a playstation 4 with a custom port range, but whatever hardware I selected and port I choose in this option I still got this error message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uzumaki619 said:

I add mine without any problem.  Follow this  

Downgrade to the previous firmware.

Than reset factory 

Download the update from netgear site and manually update it. Should solve your problem 

Smart thinking. Could you try this please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I have no issue with mine either. I know this is not helpful to you to be here, so moving on how are you doing your factory resets? Via the GUI or the hardware button on the rear of the unit? I know they should both be the same but I find the hardware button works better for some reason. Did you re flash the latest firmware after the initial update then factory reset? Also are you you using a adbloicker with the GUI? If so make the routers GUI an exception in the adblockers settings. If going back to the release firmware did you factory reset? Also how are you adding your details back? Don't use a backup as that can make things corrupt by bringing low level changes with it, so always do it as new typing the details manually. Also googling that error code may give some clues perhaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We're aware of this issue and have actually already fixed it in the latest version of DumaOS but that needs to be combined with the firmware and released by Netgear. I'll see if I can get a pre release version for this and will let you know.

Was this present in all versions of DumaOS then, Fraser? Also why does it effect some but not others. It seemed it worked on the OP's previous firmware, or is it just a quirk that shows up with certain configurations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Was this present in all versions of DumaOS then, Fraser? Also why does it effect some but not others. It seemed it worked on the OP's previous firmware, or is it just a quirk that shows up with certain configurations.

No was introduced in one of the recent DumaOS versions. Unsure why it doesn't affect everyone as I can reproduce it every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No was introduced in one of the recent DumaOS versions. Unsure why it doesn't affect everyone as I can reproduce it every time.

It’s a real shame DumaOS can’t be updated on its own separate to the Netgears firmware This update took Netgear almost 3 months. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×