XR500 speedtest always fails

Hi,

I have been trying to speedtest through the router GUI since 6 hours but I couldn't. the speedtest always fails although I even tried the router with different ISP and service in my friend house.

what might be the issue? I am not afraid of the speedtest but because I think this might be reflecting  other issues in my router or connection.

thanks

8 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Hi Huthayfa - could you explain what is failing on Speedtest? Do you get an error message?

And is your general browsing / internet use ok? 

Thanks

thanks,

I get the error "speedtest fails" and I have to put my bandwidth manually.

my general browsing and internet is fine.

• Administrators

Are you able to try using a different PC? It's possible that a firewall on your PC is blocking the connection for some reason.

Could you also see if you can run a speedtest on a different site, like DSLreports: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Are you able to try using a different PC? It's possible that a firewall on your PC is blocking the connection for some reason.

Could you also see if you can run a speedtest on a different site, like DSLreports: http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

thank you very much.

ah, So the router actually measuring the speed with my PC ? that is 70% might be the problem. I am using extensive windows 10 firewall rules.

dslreports works perfectly yes. 

thanks!

8 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

That's right, speedtest.net is testing how fast your PC's connection is. I think it;s likely the firewall is blocking the test, it probably thinks it's something malicious!

Given DSL reports works and your general internet is fine, I wouldn't worry about trying to force Speedtest to work. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

thanks again sir. 

that is completely informative.

solved.