If I want only one specific device to have 4mb/500kb and the rest have unlimited bandwidth, Is it possible to do that?

• Netduma Staff

To do that you'd use Device Prioritisation. Increase the bandwidth other devices can get using the 'flower'. You'll see it reduces the amount your PS4 can take.

You could then turn off Share Excess if you really wanted to limit the PS4. This isn't really recommended though - why did you want to reduce the PS4 bandwidth?

For some reasons, destiny plays very bad with high bandwidth. Says I have 100mb and I barely win a gunfight because of lag compensation from those who has bad internet from india and middle east. So I reduce bandwidth globally to 7/1 and set 68% down and up in congestion. It plays much better, no more shoot first die first. But only problem is that whenever my sisters watch netflix, My gaming experience will be struggle because of the 7/1 mbs bandwidth. 

• Administrators

Ok, when that happens I would recommend increasing the sliders to a higher percentage to find the sweet spot when she's watching.

Another option you have would be to give 100% of your bandwidth to your console on Device Prioritisation - but your sister may not thank you for that!

No it's impossible to do both at the same time !!! You can manage them exactly how you want bandwith wise while unchecking both share excess for download and upload but it will affect every devices hooked !!! For your sister it's not supposed to affect your gaming if console is set in hyper lane and in geo filter with your cc at 70/70 !!! Even with share excess on !!! Please verify your speed settings in Set Bandwith in the Anti Flood tab and input your real download and upload speed or at least what you pay for !!! Then if all good no one is supposed to affect your gaming !!! For more tuning...uncheck both share excess and instead of removing bandwith to your ps4 (you can and no it won't affect your gaming in a negative way except that it takes a lil bit longer to find lobbies and to download things such as updates ect) (you have to understand that for gaming the upload is more important than the download so higher than 3mb down only will faster downloads by a so lil difference that you won't be able to tell...and upload wise the more bandwith you have the better it is..but even then...after 4and some mb upload there is absolutely no difference...and you can flawlessly play with higher than 150kb if no party is up or 300kb with a party... around 350kb set as upload is flawless for COD)(knows that download speed is affecting your upload speed and vice versa so you'll have to test a couple of times in a row to find your sweet spot for both down and up speed) you can remove other devices bandwith like remove some to your sister's device(only thing that will change for her is...she will have less bandwith so more loading times and less visual quality for her) but still she'll be watching her netflix without negatively impacting your gaming sessions !!! All that with both share excess unchecked...cuz even if you set a device with a big 1% down and up..with share excess on that will change nothing since all devices are allowed to use every bit of bandwith they can...wich may result with problems !!! If after setting the r1 then restarting it...confirm all the settings you've made in the r1...then everything is aright but you start having problems as soon as your sister jump in...try without share excess on both down and up...restart r1 and all devices hooked to it...test again...if still lagging...then give her less bandwith and restart r1 and devices and test again...if still problems...then...she have a virus or something on her device so fix her device !!! Before having to fix her device...shut her device off..start a gaming session to see if its all good...then while you play start another device with netflix and see if it makes you lag like with your sister's device at off....if no you have found the direct cause of your problem...if you still lag then it's not her device... it might be....one of your cables(i use and strongly rexommend Cat7 wires and HDMI 2.1)... a wrongly set wifi band causing lags on all devices.... a faulty firmware in your r1 (just reflash it with preserve settings unchecked and clear cookies and history from your browser used to manage)... a faulty modem or AIO that can't be fix so your isp should give you a new one...or even your isp line having problems for some reasons !!! The only other option in the r1 that can cause huge lag and spikes is dhcp lease... if you don't dhcp lease every devices hooking to your r1...as soon as 2 devices will share the same ip all your devices will suffer from it as it will kinda paralysing your internet line !!! That's why i always tell everybody to restart their devices when they get on an another wifi...it clear them devices from old data and ips they hooked to...so they restart like virgins on the network without affecting all the line !!! Add to that the dhcp lease thing and you're always avoiding them devices to interfere against each others !!! 

Hope it help you understanding things and fixing them the proper way !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!! 🍻