Still connecting to denied server and ping not consistent

Hello greetings everyone. I am new here . I dont know if that  is the right forum section to post this which I hope so.

I recently purchased an XR500 . The router is pretty good with my experience with it so far. But theres 2 things that I dont really get about this router. I hope I can get the answer here.

1. When I denied a server. I waited till it disappear on my radar. Than go look for a game I keep connected to it.  I dont understand.  Is theres anyway I can fix this? It seems that only if you have strick mode checked .only way to prevent you from connecting to that server.

2. I noticed I get better ping with dedicated server far away. If I move my location will that effect my connection? Like make me lag?

For example.  I stay in Florida.  I'm connecting to a dedicated server in New York with a 14 ping. In game my ping is 17ms but it's not consistent it kept going up and down.  Sometime it jump to 33 ping. If I move my location to new york and close my radius circle  around the server  than check strick mode will that effect my connection?

Thank you I hope someone can answer this for me.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1. We're aware of an issue like this and looking into it. Can you confirm they are the exact same ID and not just located in the same place?

2. It sounds like a mislocated server so moving your home location to ensure you get that will not affect your connection, if you get other servers within that radius they may be higher as they're further away from you. The inconsistency with the in game ping is likely because they calculate other things such as processing delay. Focus on the ping from the Geo-Filter as thats what you can control so sounds like you're getting a great ping!