Jump to content
Netduma Luke

Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, iAmMoDBoX said:

I'm a current beta tester and I can confirm it is real and does work just as promised. Netduma is not lying, please refrain from using that language on the forums.

Thats a bit rich, in April the announcement was that it would be delayed a few weeks due to legal issues with the reversing the upgrade. Now its in Beta testing. These are facts. What part is not true?

BTW im happy thats its working well and hopefully it will be out soon.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

If you recall, the legal issue was that we found out we had to make sure the R1 would be backwards compatible. So if you installed DumaOS and then wanted to revert back to the original R1 firmware, you could. This was a huge curve ball for us as we had to redesign how DumaOS connected into the R1.

As is no doubt evident now, it  turned out to be a bigger task than we expected. Thankfully, we've overcome it and we're now in the final stages of beta testing!

Since you guys are here an actually 'talking' to us about this (the silence about what happened has been deafening over the years). What's the chance of hearing the full story as to why it got delayed the two other times over the course of years not months? Your statement imply's the most recent delay as being the only reason some of us are upset. I'm actually more upset about the years thing, not the last few months. Also, I could have waited years patiently, if, Netduma staff had openly posted about why it went from months to years in the first place.

I'm happy to hear it's still coming someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please don't bring this down to the same level as the previous thread I will admit I was one of the people who were quite vocal about my disappoint but it does look like we are close to getting what we want. I for one am happy that it's coming and look forward to the next bit of news of the release date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mr Crowley said:

Since you guys are here an actually 'talking' to us about this (the silence about what happened has been deafening over the years). What's the chance of hearing the full story as to why it got delayed the two other times over the course of years not months? Your statement imply's the most recent delay as being the only reason some of us are upset. I'm actually more upset about the years thing, not the last few months. Also, I could have waited years patiently, if, Netduma staff had openly posted about why it went from months to years in the first place.

I'm happy to hear it's still coming someday.

It could be because they were contracted with Netgear to build two bad ass gaming routers that I had the pleasure of testing. But who knows? 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iAmMoDBoX said:

It could be because they were contracted with Netgear to build two bad ass gaming routers that I had the pleasure of testing. But who knows? 🙄

Well, yes, obviously, but Netduma has always maintained that wasn't the case and they were hard at work on the R1. Anywho, I hope it's not months, otherwise you can expect this thread to deteriorate just like all the others. It's also much easier to defend them when you're a beta tester. You've known what's been going on for years, instead of being left in the dark like the rest of us peasants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr Crowley said:

Well, yes, obviously, but Netduma has always maintained that wasn't the case and they were hard at work on the R1. Anywho, I hope it's not months, otherwise you can expect this thread to deteriorate just like all the others. It's also much easier to defend them when you're a beta tester. You've known what's been going on for years, instead of being left in the dark like the rest of us peasants.

I did not know what was going on for years. I got to beta test the XR500 in July 2017 and it was released In January 2018

I'm not defending anyone, the silence was wrong. I even was in the dark for a while. But if you sign a contract and can't talk about something by a billion dollar company then you can't talk about it lol

 

Now please keep this topic on track. The R1 update should be out soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mr Crowley said:

Well, yes, obviously, but Netduma has always maintained that wasn't the case and they were hard at work on the R1. Anywho, I hope it's not months, otherwise you can expect this thread to deteriorate just like all the others. It's also much easier to defend them when you're a beta tester. You've known what's been going on for years, instead of being left in the dark like the rest of us peasants.

No, we have not known what has been going on for years, only a few weeks. We signed NDA's so we  were unable to let you guys know what was going on. Please do not be rude to mods or other members on this forum. Instead be glad that this long awaited firmware is just around the corner for release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still under NDA's for Netgear, that's the way it goes, I think its great new stuff is coming though all the time but as beta testers for Netgear etc you cant say anything at all. I also tested the XR500 from Netgears end in its final hardware format. All I can say is BIG__DOG is right here, keep the thread clean and don't go back into dissecting the where what and who's as its not important. Netduma make great software and I'm sure working with Netgear helped them help their costumer base even more and it probably gave them a needed cash boost, who knows its not our business but just be glad you have a firmware update coming your way finally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×