DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta! Learn more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26315-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1-is-now-in-open-beta/

 

Jump to content
Netduma Luke

Announcement: DumaOS on Netduma R1 in Final Beta Testing

Recommended Posts

Ya i meant the use of the GEO Filter...i play Mario Kart 8, Rocket League, Mario Tennis etc. ...what settings i should take for the Switch? Select the console and "Wii Online"? I come from Germany and my Ping is meeeep...

With my PS4 i got something around 32, what's normal for my ISP.

Another question..."strict" Mode doesn't work for me  over a year ago (destiny 1+2...beaver error) is that a bug? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jdmefsir said:

Will we have some speed improvments or is it still limited by hardware? 1 gig download and i peak around 500mbps no matter how i set it up.

Unfortunately yeh the hardware is still the same, I'm not sure you'll manage higher speeds than that. I think DumaOS might run a touch faster though - it's a far more efficient system overall. Time will tell though!

6 hours ago, SuMs3MaNn said:

Ya i meant the use of the GEO Filter...i play Mario Kart 8, Rocket League, Mario Tennis etc. ...what settings i should take for the Switch? Select the console and "Wii Online"? I come from Germany and my Ping is meeeep...

With my PS4 i got something around 32, what's normal for my ISP.

Another question..."strict" Mode doesn't work for me  over a year ago (destiny 1+2...beaver error) is that a bug? 

Strict Mode should always be off for Destiny - it's not a bug. Some aspects of the Geo-Filter are designed for certain games. As a rule, if you're getting booted from the game a lot you should turn off strict mode and loosen your settings a bit.

For the Switch you should set it to Nintendo Wii - soon enough it will be properly classified etc, but for now other Nintendo services should work. How does it play for you? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally I got something about 40-56 ping...still worse than PS4 (most of the time 32 ping), but since 2 weeks Rocket League (still the only game shows off the ping) rises to 80-86 ping...don't understand why 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SuMs3MaNn said:

Normally I got something about 40-56 ping...still worse than PS4 (most of the time 32 ping), but since 2 weeks Rocket League (still the only game shows off the ping) rises to 80-86 ping...don't understand why 

Could you make a new thread please and we will help you there. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iain in the past you mentioned that once the R1 DumaOS is out, the R1 will again be the leading development platform instead of the Nighthawk. I assume that plan hasnt been scrapped since it obviously makes the most sense right?

If so hook me up on that anti-spike and anti-jitter development project, my R1 is ready! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Od1n said:

Iain in the past you mentioned that once the R1 DumaOS is out, the R1 will again be the leading development platform instead of the Nighthawk. I assume that plan hasnt been scrapped since it obviously makes the most sense right?

If so hook me up on that anti-spike and anti-jitter development project, my R1 is ready! ;)

It's likely that our software roll out will be quicker on our own hardware because we're a startup so we don't need to be as risk averse as NETGEAR. Obviously we won't be dumb - we're not going to rollout firmware we haven't tested. That doesn't mean NETGEAR users will be forgotten, just a matter of timing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Kudarat said:

QUESTION IS: WHEN will that timing be? Tomorrow? Today? Or NEVER? 😂😂😂😂😂

 

I do not think it takes too long, I as a tester can assure you that it is very advanced and quite polished in the absence of retouching certain things, but calm that there is little left, I can assure you that I would appreciate the work and effort made by the netduma team so that you enjoy a product in conditions and not something with continuous failures. A greeting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, titofuenla said:

 

I do not think it takes too long, I as a tester can assure you that it is very advanced and quite polished in the absence of retouching certain things, but calm that there is little left, I can assure you that I would appreciate the work and effort made by the netduma team so that you enjoy a product in conditions and not something with continuous failures. A greeting!

Ok then sir. I guess I'll have to take your word for it (theirs too) that IT'LL BE OUT SOON--what choice do I have? 😂😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fakkel said:

Question: Does the NetdumaOS will have hybrid VPN from the start (and not like the XR500, still waiting for it) because it is pretty much mandatory for me. Keep up the great work guys.

I don't believe it will be present immediately. It's not in the testing builds we're providing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, titofuenla said:

 

 

When something is worth it, it is also worth the wait. What can not be exposed is something with failures to please a few and then have thousands of headaches for this and a forum flooded with complaints.

"To please a few.." Having read hundreds of forum threads/complaints on it isn't a few besides you don't have say this man--were CUSTOMERS so were entitled to any update Netduma said so themselves (R1 being updated to DumaOS came from the company).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kudarat said:

"To please a few.." Having read hundreds of forum threads/complaints on it isn't a few besides you don't have say this man--were CUSTOMERS so were entitled to any update Netduma said so themselves (R1 being updated to DumaOS came from the company).

Look I will not enter into controversy with you nor will we turn this thread into what was the other full of post protests, it is already being said that it is in its final phase and very advanced, if it has not been launched before your motives will have the team of netduma, the one who knows how to hope to enjoy DumaOs at its best.

4 hours ago, labrazaduma said:

yeah it will but we may have to way another year just saying 

Do not worry, it will not be like that and soon you will all enjoy it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAHAHA!!!! All I know is that I have beta tested it and it is running great, much better than the original beta test. Atleast now you guys know it is being intensely worked on and tested. I would love to post screenshots but signing my NDA does not permit this I'm afraid! As for  actual release time that is down to the powers that be, not us lowly testers! But I hope it is very very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you tell me if there is an option to disable deep packet inspection on DumaOS R1? I just read in one of the forums that you cant disable this on xr500 dumaos. I think this is a game breaker for me if I cant disable this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10 September 2018 at 12:19 PM, titofuenla said:

Look I will not enter into controversy with you nor will we turn this thread into what was the other full of post protests, it is already being said that it is in its final phase and very advanced, if it has not been launched before your motives will have the team of netduma, the one who knows how to hope to enjoy DumaOs at its best.

Do not worry, it will not be like that and soon you will all enjoy it

Meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×