Fortnite+ Netduma= Lag?

Hello. I have a problem with Netduma in Fortnite. The point is that during the match packets sent to the Fortnite server are not completely oscillating between 50-55 out of 60 possible. I feel that my shots are not well recorded. I have set up my 3 XO, XOX, PS4Pro consoles in Hyper-Traffic, Upnp ON and the same symptom is on each one. I would not assume this topic if it was not for the fact that when my Netduma turns over to my old Netgear router with a loaded Tomato, in Fortnite packets sent and received are maintained at maximum values, ie 59-60, 29-30 making arrows to the opponent are registered very much well. I can say that there is a huge difference compared to Netduma. I will add that my 3 consoles on Netgear have the same IP constantly and are in DMZ. Now the question of what to do to send packets to Fortnite to Netduma has always been at the maximum level? What to turn off and what to turn on?

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Have you changed your MTU settings at all? You should leave that setting on automatic to avoid unnecessary packet loss.

How are you measuring packet size? This shouldn't be impacting your game whatsoever - you're much better off testing your line quality, in-game ping and base ping to diagnose online gameplay issues.

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, FLEX_Jastrzebie said:

I have automatic MTU. The quality of my line is good. I wrote that when it changes to my old Netgear router from Tomato, the packages in the game are ok and I do not have a lag. Packages can be seen in the upper left corner while playing Fortnite.

Oh right it's a Fortnite thing. I'm glad - I thought you were doing something complex that doesn't need to be done.

So the game connection feels better when you're connected to your Netgear router? Try out these settings and see if they improve things for you:

- Set your Geo-Filter radius to cover only the server you want to connect to with Ping Assist at 0ms
- Strict Mode On
- If less than 50mbps, Pre-emptive Algorithm. If more, Reactive Algorithm
- 70% anti-flood
- Put your device in Hyper Traffic (in Congestion Control)
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Enable UPnP and remove any Port Forwarding rules
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Disable IPv6 in misc, LAN and WAN
- Enable turbo mode if over 120mbps
- Enable super turbo mode if over 300mbps
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using connecting the R1 to hub & R1 to PC are Cat5e+/can handle your speeds.
- Do an Internet Diagnosis test