XR500 Router + DumaOS

So i upgrade to the XR500 from the Netduma R1 router. It was a big upgrade from the Netduma R1 router for the hardware but DumaOS is massively lacking for PC Gamers.

What is the actual point in owning a router like this one for the PC Gamer?

Why does it go to Spectator mode?

Will this router get new features for PC gamers?

Thanks 

spectator mode is the same feature as turning off geo filtering on the R1 GUI. The router is good for pc gamers as you are able to prioritise gaming packets for pc games such as fortnite, call of duty, fifa etc etc as you are for the console.

There are features under development and being tested to improve and enhance the features of dumaOS.

So i upgrade to the XR500 from the Netduma R1 router. It was a big upgrade from the Netduma R1 router for the hardware but DumaOS is massively lacking for PC Gamers.

What is the actual point in owning a router like this one for the PC Gamer?

Why does it go to Spectator mode?

Will this router get new features for PC gamers?

Thanks 

Duma OS is nearly lacking everything on the XR500. No Ping assist, you don't see where you get connected to and you can't ban servers.

spectator mode is the same feature as turning off geo filtering on the R1 GUI. The router is good for pc gamers as you are able to prioritise gaming packets for pc games such as fortnite, call of duty, fifa etc etc as you are for the console.

There are features under development and being tested to improve and enhance the features of dumaOS.

Exactly Turning off the Geo-Filtering..The whole selling point of this router and of the R1 is that you could control your games and the radius you would like to play in.

So because im a PC gamer i cannot control the area i want to play in, i cannot switch on ping assist because there is no such feature with the XR500, i cannot  ban servers and i cannot see where im connecting to.

This router should have been marketed as a Console router.

I paid all that money for the Netduma R1 hoping to get DumaOS..Nothing and now i have paid 250 pound for a router that basically a 50 pound router can do.

Netgear and Netduma really need to pull there finger out and think about the PC gamers, Especially when there is more and more PC gamers.

• Administrators

Hi Dialatech,

Which games are you playing on PC? For some PC games, but not all, there is no Fitlering option because you do not need to filter for a local server because you can choose within the game itself, or because blocking the server causes penalties within the game. For example, in LoL, you select the region you are in within the game and if you then block the server, the game treats it like you have quit the game so you incur the penalty. Instead we have Spectating Mode, which you can use to see the location of the server you are playing on and ping it.

For other PC games like Fortnite or PUBG, you CAN block the server using filtering mode because there are multiple server locations within a server region, so it's helpful to guarantee the nearest one to you.

If you really want to use filtering mode on any PC game you can, just go to the Device Manager and change the device type of your PC to an Xbox or Playstation. You can then go back to the Geo-Filter, re-add your PC and this time filtering mode will be possible.

There are other benefits too:

- The best QoS to eliminate any congestion on your network

- Network Monitor - uses enterprise Deep Packet Inspection to show everything that's using your network

- Very powerful hardware - including hardware acceleration which allows you to use QoS at gigabit speed

- Hybrid VPN (coming very soon - allows you to apply a VPN to any device or port)

We also have a very extensive development roadmap so there will be a lot of new features coming soon.

I mainly play games like Fortnite,Call of Duty and Battlefield. These are my main games. If you can help setting up my router to accommodate these games that would be great 

Thanks

• Administrators

We're working on improving detection for Call of Duty and Battlefield for PC. Also as suggested change your PCs device type to a console in the Device Manager then you should be able to filter on the Geo-Filter. Also on Traffic Prioritization disable DumaOS Classified Games and add your PC manually with the games console service.

I have changed the setting and it does seem to working. 

Do you think the improved detection for COD and battlefield will be check for the October release date?

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Dialatech said:

I have changed the setting and it does seem to working. 

Do you think the improved detection for COD and battlefield will be check for the October release date?

We will definitely be on top of the upcoming game releases. I can't guarantee we will have the improvements out on a certain date or time, but we know a tonne of our users will be playing these games so we will make sure we get everything optimised asap.