No fortnite server shown

• Administrators

Hi Stephen - thanks for posting. It's possible that Fortnite have changed their servers around so we may need to do a Cloud update to make sure the 'peers' are appearing as servers. But first of all, could you answer these questions:

1. Is this happening every game i.e. are you always seeing peers now?

2. Are you often seeing more than one connection appear on your Geo-Filter? Usually Fortnite will just show one

3. Are you playing with friends? Perhaps they are the connections that are appearing?

It's likely that everything will still work as normal, it's just servers are appearing as peers. That doesn't stop you blocking them or pinging them, so don't stop using the Geo-Filter if connections

• Administrators

Ok, thanks. It would be very helpful if you could copy and paste the IDs of the connections that are appearing in this thread. It sounds like everything is working fine, it's just that Fortnite have moved away from using AWS servers, so we'll need to start marking their new servers as servers (instead of peers as they currently appear).

The random connections that appear are probably in the pre-game search. I assume when the game actually starts you just have one obvious host?

• Administrators

No this is not pregame lobby this is me in-game during a match same connections. 

first 001229f4af9fb7bc

2nd id c74ab27de766c4c9

3rd id 44171ce7b4e35b60 - this one shows up as dedicated but way outside the zone as you can see in the picture

Thanks. The description of the connection still shows it's AWS, so it looks like these are just servers we need to add to the cloud to appear as servers.

The one outside of your range is fine - it's a matchmaking server that we need to allow for you to connect to the online mode of the game. It's not the actual host of your game.

It's odd that there are other peers outside of your range though. If you can click on them and give us the description as well that'd be very helpful.

• Administrators

this is what comes up when i click on it

Ok, thanks. We'll need to look into that next week to see why it's appearing. Hard to say without the domain name.

• Administrators

Thanks. Vivox m, which is in the domain description, is a gaming chat service. So it looks like the chat server is appearing. Which is normal, but not something I’ve seen before when testing Fortnite. You’re fine to allow this through. They’re probably changing a few things which is why we’re seeing this now. Nothing to worry about.