Constant Internet Drop

Hello,

I am currently getting constant internet drops. Below are the steps I've taken to resolve this issue.

- Factory Reset

- Applied the XR500-V2.3.2.26.img firmware

- Factory Reset after applying the new firmware

- Turn off smart connect for wireless

- Hard wire only no wireless connections

I've been able to confirm it's the XR500 causing issues as I disconnected it for a few days and hooked up my old Linksys router and stayed connected for 3 days straight. I'm lucky if I get 4 hours with the XR500 without any drops.

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to avoid returning the router.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hi and welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having this issue.

What do you have Anti-Bufferbloat set to? Could you try it on Always or Never (just not High Priority Traffic Detected) and see if that helps.

Also, are the drop outs definitely on the entire router, or just on a specific device? You would know if it’s the router if every device in your home goes offline. Thanks.

Right now I currently have Anti-Bufferbloat set to never. I've had this set like this before and had issues as well with it set to Always. One thing I'm trying for the first time is I have just disabled traffic prioritization completely.

I have confirmed it's every device in the house, my wife has been especially upset with me because I insisted on buying an expensive router that in her mind isn't working because she keeps getting kicked off.

• Administrators

Ok - thanks for letting me know. Try it with Traffic Prioritization off too and see if that fixes it.

You’ve done everything right otherwise so if this fails, I think it has to either be a faulty unit which can occasionally happen, or less likely, some sort of incompatibility with your modem. I think it’s more likely to be the first though. Let’s see how it does with Traffic Prio off.

• Administrators

Ok - sorry to hear that but definitely try the replacement and make sure to install the same firmware again. Hopefully this fixes your problem