Question

D3mon1c

If I have a router and a duma router if I have my wifi devices unrelated to gaming & gaming devices hooked into duma will it reduce latency or will latency still occur?

l'idéal est d'utiliser des câbles pour la console et l'ordinateur.

le r1 donne la meilleure latence, elle ne changera pas

the duma router can handle all devices on it's own, but some of us disable wifi on the duma router  (XR500 for exampe) and use another router as a wireless AP so all wireless go through the AP and you can limit the bandwidth to the AP thus limiting all bandwidth for any device connected to that AP.. I run something similar to this but with a managed switch and also another router on a different ip range to filter my kids internet and to impliment scheduled shutdown of internet without restricting my own.

So long story short if one connects wifi devices to another router & the gaming ones to the duma there wont be any type of latency from the wifi devices unless I was hooked onto that one & the duma wont suffer any type of latency UNLESS the bandwidth is being hogged up on the duma's end?

So long story short if one connects wifi devices to another router & the gaming ones to the duma there wont be any type of latency from the wifi devices unless I was hooked onto that one & the duma wont suffer any type of latency UNLESS the bandwidth is being hogged up on the duma's end?

not necessarily, there are so many varying reasons for lag that can also be down to line quality and isp infrastructure. I use a 2nd router as an AP as it is easier to limit all devices in my home by slowing down 1 device (the AP router) than altering several. I am self employed as a foster carer so I also have a further router that is used to limit my kids access and scheduled internet shutdown without limiting mine and my wifes internet and wifi. 

not necessarily, there are so many varying reasons for lag that can also be down to line quality and isp infrastructure. I use a 2nd router as an AP as it is easier to limit all devices in my home by slowing down 1 device (the AP router) than altering several. I am self employed as a foster carer so I also have a further router that is used to limit my kids access and scheduled internet shutdown without limiting mine and my wifes internet and wifi. 

Curious BD, How did you get your AP router to show up as 1 device.  I did the same thing with an old Netgear router,  but all the devices connected to it were still individual on the R1.  Did you allow the AP router to do DHCP?