TV box question

Hey guys, you may or may not know the answer to this but I have ATT Fiber so my TV is connected through my modem obviously. Should I keep that TV box and the wifi repeater for my other TVs stay connected to the modems or just connect them to my XR500? Will that have any affect towards the QOS if i keep it hooked up to my Modem in bridge mode? Im asking this because when I first hooked everything up initially, the DVR wasnt working when it was plugged into the XR500. It could have been that I wasnt patient enough and didnt reboot everything properly so im just curious if keeping those plugged into the modem will have any ill effect. 

• Administrators

It depends how much bandwidth they use but yes generally anything connected above the XR500 means its QoS cant control it and will therefore be subject to potential local congestion. It's possible you didn't use VLAN when connecting them to the XR500

It depends how much bandwidth they use but yes generally anything connected above the XR500 means its QoS cant control it and will therefore be subject to potential local congestion. It's possible you didn't use VLAN when connecting them to the XR500

How would i go about doing that?