Computer(s) IP Address changes on Computer reboot?

Guest Killhippie

So every time the OP's devices ask for a DHCP renewal they are getting new IP's? Surely they should get the same ones they were given unless the router lost power or DHCP has gone a bit bonkers? My iMac when turned off picks up the same IP when turned back on as its still associated with its mac address and that's without DHCP reservation on that device.

You might try this, download latest FW, or you could try initial shipping FW to a wired PC. Use IE11 or FF browsers. Do a full factory reset. Disconnect ALL other devices. Re-load the FW file. After it comes back to read. Do one more factory reset and set up from scratch. Do some testing to see if anything changes.  I believe a PC should keep the same IP address after at least one PC reboot using no IP address reservations with in a short time frame. Least times should be a while I believe.

That's the only thing I haven't tried is reloading the firmware.

It hasn't caused an issue I just find it odd certain devices are changing IP every time on a reboot or cold start. I may try the reloading of the firmware. I added all my devices to IP reservation and it stopped.

If an issue starts I may troubleshoot in more dept with ya'll. I'll try a firmware reload and if the issue persists I'll do IP reservation and call it a day.

I'll post an update after I do a firmware reload and reset.

Thanks!